District 10-4A-1 Predictions

Hagar

2 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Vidor does have the best winning percentage against WOS. At least out of all the local area teams. Thats pretty good although it may be .02% LOL

One of those ironies I pointed out in a previous post.  Vidor beats WOS when they shouldn’t, then lose to the Houston HS for Pygmys.

Just now, Hagar said:

One of those ironies I pointed out in a previous post.  Vidor beats WOS when they shouldn’t, then lose to the Houston HS for Pygmys.

😄 Sad but true. Vidor plays best as the underdog. If they can learn to play when they are favored then that would be nice. I think they get one step closer to clearing that hurdle this year

Final records from pre-District, and they are impressive.  District record against non-District opponents is 24 wins & 5 losses.  Excellent record.

HH - 5-0

Vidor 4-0

Liv, LCM & Splendora  4-1

Ltown 3-2

For comparison, District 9-4A-D1, non-District record, with 7 teams was:

21 wins & 7 losses.

Here’s the deal.  Final District standings will have two teams at 4-1.  Heads up game will decide District.  I see it close.  Very close, so my biased prediction is:

Vidor

HH

LCM

Livingston

Vidor will beat HH but lose to LCM.  LCM will squeak by Liv.  Lol, I’ll will be deemed a genius if I pull this off.  😂🤣😂

43 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

not saying this is a District of Doom, but it is far and away( to this point it appears) one of the most competitive if not THE MOST competitive Districts in which to win a DC in all of 4A DI .

that district of doom was something else last year. it's gonna be interesting how we pair up against them in the playoffs in November.

On 9/29/2021 at 12:55 AM, BOBKAT'88 said:

LCM did not soundly beat OF in the scrimmage even with OF missing starters due to COVID.   I believe Ashworth, Whitman, and at least one other were out.  If you are using that scrimmage to justify how good LCM is then you are in for a rude awakening when you play Livingston.  I’m watching the scrimmage right now and I don’t see anything impressive by either team other than they are exchanging scores.  LCM has an advantage on our 2nd team bc of their depth at most positions but still no signs of being dominated still exchanging scores.  Trying to determine how good either team is during the first scrimmage of the season is difficult especially when coaches are experimenting with ppl at different positions and with plays etc jmo.  

I was there, & I’m an Orangefield fan lol LCM outplayed us