District 10-4A-1 Predictions

Hagar

8 hours ago, Bobcats0809 said:

I’ve seen Lumberton, LCM, Livingston, & Vidor in person. Haven’t seen HH so I won’t comment on that, but LCM & Vidor will both beat Livingston, OF outplayed Livingston IMO despite the last second loss. LCM beat OF pretty soundly in their scrimmage & is much more physically impressive. Lumberton has no chance, way too slow & not nearly physical enough. Also watched Splendora play HF & wasn’t all that impressed. So I’m conceding that HH will be in the playoffs, but the next three teams in my opinion based off watching them in person is Vidor, LCM, Livingston, in that order.

LCM did not soundly beat OF in the scrimmage even with OF missing starters due to COVID.   I believe Ashworth, Whitman, and at least one other were out.  If you are using that scrimmage to justify how good LCM is then you are in for a rude awakening when you play Livingston.  I’m watching the scrimmage right now and I don’t see anything impressive by either team other than they are exchanging scores.  LCM has an advantage on our 2nd team bc of their depth at most positions but still no signs of being dominated still exchanging scores.  Trying to determine how good either team is during the first scrimmage of the season is difficult especially when coaches are experimenting with ppl at different positions and with plays etc jmo.  

I don't know why everyone on here craps on orangefield like they weren't a solid and sound team to beat! They are a dang good football team and this years crop of orangefield football without a doubt is the best orangefield team we have faced in the past four years! and beat a good silsbee team to start district. Keep sleeping on Livingston just like all of you did last year.

37 minutes ago, Lion backer 85 said:

I don't know why everyone on here craps on orangefield like they weren't a solid and sound team to beat! They are a dang good football team and this years crop of orangefield football without a doubt is the best orangefield team we have faced in the past four years! and beat a good silsbee team to start district. Keep sleeping on Livingston just like all of you did last year.

I dont know why OF is even being brought up in this thread 🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Lion backer 85 said:

After the OF vs Silsbee game, I had a whole new respect for OF & Livingston.  Obviously the Bobcats have one of their best teams in a while, and thus the Lions are much better than I thought after their win over OF.  
I think this will be a real interesting District battle.  I could see anyone in the top five beating anyone else, and the only team that Splendora might beat will be Vidor (based on last year’s embarrassing debacle).  Still have HH as the team to beat, but if they happen to have a bad game (which they rarely do), any of the other four contenders will probably beat them.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see some type tie-breaker come into play for who all gets a playoff spot.

5 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Some of us goofy folks (me for sure) decided Livingston wasn’t that good this year based on the squeaky win over OF.  I’ve re-evaluated that, being the great prognosticator I am.  😂😂😂😂😂

17 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Maybe because it's a district prediction and orangefield is a common opponent or has played an opponent of a team in this district and everyone is trying to size each other up lol like how orangefield beat silsbee and Vidor got into a shootout with silsbee

20 minutes ago, Lion backer 85 said:

Maybe because it's a district prediction and orangefield is a common opponent or has played an opponent of a team in this district and everyone is trying to size each other up lol like how orangefield beat silsbee and Vidor got into a shootout with silsbee

Week 1 performance vs a week 5 performance....past film vs current film.  Teams definitely are not the same from week 1 to week 5.  And scrimmages have NO bearing at this point in the season.

Just now, PirateNole984 said:

Week 1 performance vs a week 5 performance....past film vs current film.  Teams definitely are not the same from week 1 to week 5.  And scrimmages have NO bearing at this point in the season.

That is correct! I guess it doesn't matter that we played Orangefield with our back up QB that game as well. 

Anyone else think bye weeks are a bummer?  LCM & Splendora are the only two District teams playing this week.  The rest of us sit here twilling our thumbs, wishing Oct 1st would hurry up & get here.  And if Splendora beats Vidor again I’ll, I’ll I’ll, we’ll durn, I’ll think of something bad…😂

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Anyone else think bye weeks are a bummer?  LCM & Splendora are the only two District teams playing this week.  The rest of us sit here twilling our thumbs, wishing Oct 1st would hurry up & get here.  And if Splendora beats Vidor again I’ll, I’ll I’ll, we’ll durn, I’ll think of something bad…😂

Bye week before district starts is not bad.  Extra week of preparation, extra time for bumps and bruises to heal. 

7 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Bye week before district starts is not bad.  Extra week of preparation, extra time for bumps and bruises to heal. 

Great for the players, rough on the fans.  Hope the Pirate Coaches spend it figuring out a way to beat Splendora.  They are 3-1, but their last win was over the Spring School for Little People 53-36.  Next week will be their only chance to win a District game. 😢

21 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Great for the players, rough on the fans.  Hope the Pirate Coaches spend it figuring out a way to beat Splendora.  They are 3-1, but their last win was over the Spring School for Little People 53-36.  Next week will be their only chance to win a District game. 😢

Only chance to win a district game? Are you saying that Vidor is at the bottom of the district?

41 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Only chance to win a district game? Are you saying that Vidor is at the bottom of the district?

Not at all.  If you’ll remember they beat Vidor in Vidor last year, and only won one other District game, to LCM.  This year we play in Splendora, and LCM much improved, ergo this might be their only chance for a win.  In defense of the Pirates, they were running that “pistol”, which imo, negates the effectiveness of the Slot T.  Vidor loses enough games without losing one they should win, and they should’ve won the Splendora game last year.

5 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Not at all.  If you’ll remember they beat Vidor in Vidor last year, and only won one other District game, to LCM.  This year we play in Splendora, and LCM much improved, ergo this might be their only chance for a win.  In defense of the Pirates, they were running that “pistol”, which imo, negates the effectiveness of the Slot T.  Vidor loses enough games without losing one they should win, and they should’ve won the Splendora game last year.

Yes, I remember the game very well and yes, LCM does look much improved from the past years but the next couple weeks will speak volumes for the LCM team (Jasper at home, then on the road to Huffman).

I've tried comparing last years Vidor team to this years team and there is not much comparison.  What stands out the most is this years team.  They have a tougher mentality...never quit, always in the fight mind set.

10 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Yes, I remember the game very well and yes, LCM does look much improved from the past years but the next couple weeks will speak volumes for the LCM team (Jasper at home, then on the road to Huffman).

I've tried comparing last years Vidor team to this years team and there is not much comparison.  What stands out the most is this years team.  They have a tougher mentality...never quit, always in the fight mind set.

I agree 110%.  That mind set has been sorely missing in many past Pirate teams.  Realistically, if they’re concentrating on this game like they should, Vidor should win by two TD’s minimum.  Got my fingers crossed.

13 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Btw, who do you like in the LCM/Jasper game?  We agree LCM much improved, but I think the Jasper D will make the difference and Dawgs will win a close one.

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

Hard to get a bead on Splendora.  3-1 going into this week vs a 2-2 Shepherd team.  The combine record of teams Splendora has played is 5-12.  The only team with a winning record (HF) beat Splendora 41-21.