District 10-4A-1 Predictions

Hagar

On 9/13/2021 at 9:36 AM, Guitar Man said:

Let's make this simple. Vidor should go undefeated in district. Huffman has not looked all that impressive in their wins, but Vidor has gone 3-0 with impressive wins against tough opponents. Huffman won't be able to stop Vidor's ground and pound game. I think LCM will be a better bet to challenge Vidor for the DC. My prediction for the district. 

1. Vidor/LCM

2. LCM/Vidor

3. Huffman

4. Livingston

5. Lumberton

6. Splendora

Pump the brakes a little.

"Huffman has not looked all that impressive..." - Huffman has won against 2 teams that they certainly should have beat.  And they handled them easily.  Bridge City was coming in on a strong win streak scoring some points.  And they were dominated.  Even against lesser opponents, a defense that pitches 3 shutouts is impressive.  Consider that the backups were playing in the 4th quarter for all these games.  They aren't Goliath pummeling children but they have dominated these teams.

"Vidor has gone 3-0 with impressive wins against tough opponents." - Huh?  Episcopal is 0-3 and is averaging 7 points a game while allowing 31.  Vidor scored 24.  Vidor gave a below average team a very average loss.  Silsbee took Nederland to OT. That was a good win.  Brazosport was dominated by a good Sealy team and scored 29 points with 200 yards on the ground against Vidor.  A win is a win but hardly impressive.

Vidor Vs. Huffman - I have always been a fan of Vidor football.  I love the scheme and those kids are physical.  But lets not act like the "ground and pound" is unstoppable.  Lots of teams learn to play sound defense and slow them down.  Huffman is tackling well and their secondary is punishing teams that try to throw.  This makes their opponents 1 dimensional.  That dimension is Vidor's strength so it certainly will be interesting.

With 3 games in the books, The top 4 teams in the district are winning games they should and the losses (WOS, Chapel Hill) are against good teams. 

What stands out?  What makes a fan think "Wow, that's pretty good."?

The Huffman defense.

So far...Navasota awaits.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:36 AM, Guitar Man said:

Let's make this simple. Vidor should go undefeated in district. Huffman has not looked all that impressive in their wins, but Vidor has gone 3-0 with impressive wins against tough opponents. Huffman won't be able to stop Vidor's ground and pound game. I think LCM will be a better bet to challenge Vidor for the DC. My prediction for the district. 

1. Vidor/LCM

2. LCM/Vidor

3. Huffman

4. Livingston

5. Lumberton

6. Splendora

I agree with that

On 9/11/2021 at 1:10 PM, Hagar said:

Well known for being a weak District, but they have an impressive start to this year with 14 wins and 3 losses.  HH 3-0, LCM 2-1, Liv 2-1, Ltown 2-1, Splendora 2-0, and Vidor 3-0.  Admittedly most of them against weaker opponents, but it’s extremely hard building a winning tradition playing bigger better schools.

On the plus side, Ltown and LCM have played some good football.  The District race should be a good one, with those two joining HH, Liv, and Vidor vying for DC and playoff spots.  Splendora could also be a factor.  Appears parody has come to this District.  

VIDOR

HH

LIV

Ltown

LCM

Splendora

District still 16-6.  Impressive if you don’t scrutinize the opponents.  😂Would be 17-6 if Bay City counted as a forfeit rather than just canceled.

This District looking more and more impressive.  District record is now up to 22 wins and 5 losses, with all 6 teams having a winning record.  

As usual, Huffman leading.

Huffman 5-0

Vidor 4-0

Livingston 4-1

LCM & Splendora 3-1

Lumberton 3-2