Crosby 

BH

Ned

Texas City

PNG

Dayton

KWP

Sante Fe

I think the 2,3, 4 could be in any order. Texas City is the most improved team in district this year and everyone should keep an eye on em. Crosby should win district unless they do their annual stumble👍 If so let it be against BH this year.

Just curious as to what you guys are making predictions off of ?

Have you seen all the teams play?

Just off of what you have read ?

Common opponents ?

Or just Homer predictions ?

I personally haven’t seen anyone play but Crosby, so I will not make a prediction for 7 other teams I know nothing about. 

2 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Common opponents ?

I personally haven’t seen anyone play but Crosby, so I will not make a prediction for 7 other teams I know nothing about. 

Yeah right LOL , so you don’t know if Crosby is 1st or last?  My choices come from looking at the data and reviewing teams opponents. Throw in some game films and a little guessing with a dash of homer. 

it appears to be a very tough district this year. BH has played 2 good teams, Crosby has played 3 good teams, TC is playing well, Nederland has played 2 good teams, and PNG has played 2 good teams. Dayton is improving and KWP is improving Every game with the exception of SF is going to be tough. I certainly think Crosby will be a playoff team, the other 3 are up for grabs in my opinion

2 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Common opponents ?

Yeah right LOL , so you don’t know if Crosby is 1st or last?  My choices come from looking at the data and reviewing teams opponents. Throw in some game films and a little guessing with a dash of homer. 

Homer Prediction all the way... isn't that what we are supposed to do?

1. BH has gotten better every week, as expected with a new coach it takes time, I think they are big up front and can run the ball which always gives you a chance. Run game travels rain, snow, hot, cold, doesn't matter.

2. Crosby, fast, athletic, playing much better defense. Prieto has them playing good ball, I think BH vs Crosby is for the DC and its at BH so I'm going slight edge to BH.

3. TC - See post 1. They can run the ball and play defense.

4. Ned- Ned vs PNG is for this spot, I'm going with Ned this year with PNG having a little of a down year on offense. 

5. PNG- is still a good tough team but defense has historically struggled and will be the difference. 

6. Dayton has a good young team  they are on the way up, but a little to early to say they are "Back" don't pull a UT. 

7. Kingwood park - will have a couple good players in spots but depth is a issue, just not enough in the tank to compete for top 4 spots.

8. Santa Fe- I feel for these kids they work hard, but losing to South Houston 43-0 and being 0-3 may be to much to overcome.

Overall this district is really good, as seen last year 3 of the 4 made it out of the first round. Add in COVID possibly taking key players out at wrong times and any team can win on any friday, but that's why you play the games and why crazy people get on message boards and make picks. 

17 hours ago, EagleFootball281 said:

Homer Prediction all the way... isn't that what we are supposed to do?

1. BH has gotten better every week, as expected with a new coach it takes time, I think they are big up front and can run the ball which always gives you a chance. Run game travels rain, snow, hot, cold, doesn't matter.

2. Crosby, fast, athletic, playing much better defense. Prieto has them playing good ball, I think BH vs Crosby is for the DC and its at BH so I'm going slight edge to BH.

3. TC - See post 1. They can run the ball and play defense.

4. Ned- Ned vs PNG is for this spot, I'm going with Ned this year with PNG having a little of a down year on offense. 

5. PNG- is still a good tough team but defense has historically struggled and will be the difference. 

6. Dayton has a good young team  they are on the way up, but a little to early to say they are "Back" don't pull a UT. 

7. Kingwood park - will have a couple good players in spots but depth is a issue, just not enough in the tank to compete for top 4 spots.

8. Santa Fe- I feel for these kids they work hard, but losing to South Houston 43-0 and being 0-3 may be to much to overcome.

Overall this district is really good, as seen last year 3 of the 4 made it out of the first round. Add in COVID possibly taking key players out at wrong times and any team can win on any friday, but that's why you play the games and why crazy people get on message boards and make picks. 

I think the team that lost by 28 to the same opponent that the other team beat by 15 is better. I mean 43 point difference against same opponent one week apart totally means nothing. 

13 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

I think the team that lost by 28 to the same opponent that the other team beat by 15 is better. I mean 43 point difference against same opponent one week apart totally means nothing. 

Context is key. BH VS PAM was much closer than a 28 point loss. BH was driving with 4 mins left when a bunch of turnovers happened including 2 pick six. until that point BH and PAM were even for 3 quarters and half of fourth. 

The next week against Heights a athletic 6A school BH scored 40 by the first half. I'm saying there is improvement every week. 

I'm not saying BH blows crosby out or anything I think it will be a one score game either way, but BH at home by 1 score I don't think is insane. but yes please just think crosby is 43 points better.. in fact yall don't even need to practice, take that week off, and then get off the bus and roll the ball out. 

1 minute ago, EagleFootball281 said:

Context is key. BH VS PAM was much closer than a 28 point loss. BH was driving with 4 mins left when a bunch of turnovers happened including 2 pick six. until that point BH and PAM were even for 3 quarters and half of fourth. 

The next week against Heights a athletic 6A school BH scored 40 by the first half. I'm saying there is improvement every week. 

I'm not saying BH blows crosby out or anything I think it will be a one score game either way, but BH at home by 1 score I don't think is insane. but yes please just think crosby is 43 points better.. in fact yall don't even need to practice, take that week off, and then get off the bus and roll the ball out. 

yea, no. You'll be eating plenty of crow in three weeks. 

9 minutes ago, EagleFootball281 said:

Crosby thinks they will beat anybody by 40 and when the don’t some one was sick, hurt, everyone dropped passes, TD’s we’re called back , Ref missed holding calls etc. 

4 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Crosby thinks they will beat anybody by 40 and when the don’t some one was sick, hurt, everyone dropped passes, TD’s we’re called back , Ref missed holding calls etc. 

Nah, but I think we beat BH by more than we beat PAM. 21 point would be my spread. I don't think BH offense is as good as yall are pretending because PAM's defense was pretty porous and we dominated on the ground against them. 

18 hours ago, spidersal said:

it appears to be a very tough district this year. BH has played 2 good teams, Crosby has played 3 good teams, TC is playing well, Nederland has played 2 good teams, and PNG has played 2 good teams. Dayton is improving and KWP is improving Every game with the exception of SF is going to be tough. I certainly think Crosby will be a playoff team, the other 3 are up for grabs in my opinion

BH - Paetow + PAM = solid start to year

Crosby - Manvel, PAM, Carthage = Probably hardest start for team in district

Nederland - WOS, and Silsbee? is that the two? I don't think Houston Austin is particularly good. they've yet to play anyone with similar number of students and they struggled a win out of Silsbee. WOS always seems to start the year slow. 

PNG - I disagree I don't think they've played anyone particularly good. Tomball being the best at 3-0 versus Willis, Houston Nimitz and PNG not sure we can gather how good Tomball is from those three games but i suspect they are a solid football team this year. United has looked terrible this year, and Jasper is a moderately good team two divisions lower. I'll take a WOS win or even a close game with Carthage over a Jasper win. 

Texas City has beat two 6A programs Lake and Brook as well as GBALL. Honestly I think they've had the most impressive preseason of any team in the district. 

I still feel the Bottom 3 are a ways away from the rest but I'd love to be proven wrong.