Week 3 Port Arthur Memorial 26 Crosby 41/FINAL

Aggieswife

3 hours ago, pakronos said:

Yeah we lost big 76 last week which kinda  hurt. Again congratulations to Crosby, but to be honest, Crosby wasn’t that impressive. I mean they should have beat the brakes off PAM. Winning by 2td’s is not beating the brakes off. I give much props to the Crosby coaches. They saw the problem and took advantage of lineman being out and blitzed up the middle. Crosby d-line was bigger and faster and when u blitz a 5’9” qb, well yeah you gonna sack him duh. I fault moron Morgan for not having the running backs to stay in and block cause Crosby secondary or defense could not run with our wr. Defense made no adjustments. We might not have the talent to go to a 4-4-2 defense, but people will to continue to gash us in the middle. Also suit up #16. Sanders should not have been in the game at the 3 min mark. Overall, I’m okay with the loss due to knowing we have people hurt and a team simply pinned their ears back to slow down/ stop the offense. Losing by 2 td’s with the score tied at half I’m good. Not sure what the hype was about playing in that bs stadium. Hot food sold on one side and you don’t take cash for tickets?? LAME!! Again congratulations Crosby… I guess?? Lol. If PAM was able to keep up with y’all with a porous run defense, Crosby in trouble with a team with a solid middle lol

Lol you’re a man of many excuses. Weren’t you the same person that said PAM in a blowout?? That humble pie isn’t sitting well on your stomach I see. Point blank PAM was outcoached in this 1. Not to take away anything from Crosby kids who played a hell of a game but PAM clearly had the better athletes w/ a lackluster scheme on both sides. Crosby went at PAM’s best player and had success on multiple occasions. Imagine the score if Crosby coaches had PAM kids. I saw PAM fans kept saying this isn’t last season and they were right because Crosby would’ve hung 80 on PAM. All in all this was a great game to watch. PAM is a good team who should have some postseason success this year because the talent is def there. coaching staff just needs to step it up a little. Hats off to Crosby, the tough non-district schedule def paid off in this one. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Week 3 Port Arthur Memorial 26 Crosby 41/FINAL
10 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

After watching the film of BH vs PAM, in the prediction thread I said that PAM’s o-line struggled to block #54 1v1 and had an issue with #34 coming on the wide edge rushes. 

To PA’s credit they just put two on Casey from the opening whistle and kind of neutralized him even though I still think he had a couple sacks and tfls. As the game went on though you could see doubling Casey was exposing more of the issues BH couldn’t. I feel comfortable saying no QB in SETX not named Sanders or Anderson could’ve avoided being sacked 15+ times tonight with the way Crosby got pressure combined with the slow developing deep routes the PAM OC seems to want to lean on. 

One PAM fan had it right when they said we couldn’t stay with their receivers. I don’t remember PA completing a single deep ball to one of their receivers in man coverage but every time we missed an open field tackle against one it was a house call. This was my first time getting to see PAM in person. Someone from Crosby said they’re like FB Marshall which is a very good comparison at the skill positions but FB Marshall is a lot better at the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball. If PA got that fixed they would be three or four rounds deep every year. 

Doubling Casey lead to 47 having 3.5 sacks. 

9 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Doubling Casey lead to 47 having 3.5 sacks. 

I think you mean #45 Chancellor Bradley? Kid was a beast last night, especially in the second half. Crosby’s front is legit. Holding Manvel to 28 offensive points, holding both Carthage and PAM to 20 offensive points is a pretty solid three game stretch for a defense replacing 8 starters. Feels like we’re on the right track. 

19 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think you mean #45 Chancellor Bradley? Kid was a beast last night, especially in the second half. Crosby’s front is legit. Holding Manvel to 28 offensive points, holding both Carthage and PAM to 20 offensive points is a pretty solid three game stretch for a defense replacing 8 starters. Feels like we’re on the right track. 

Do you feel like the extra practice time from last season has given yall a head start this year? Or is that a stretch to say. 

23 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

Do you feel like the extra practice time from last season has given yall a head start this year? Or is that a stretch to say. 

Extra practice time is always going to help. For instance Miles last year would have been running the scout team and second team reps. He got a bunch of extra time, Jones as well. Those two figure to be very important. 

our top 2 wide receivers this year both got all those extra first team reps including game reps. 

more football always helps. 

32 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

I do feel like it gave us a head start, especially defensively. All but one or two starters on that side of the ball were still practicing in mid-January. I think the personnel is more solidified at this point in the season versus where it was at this point last year too. It was always going to be tough with a QB making his first varsity starts against Carthage, Manvel and PAM though. Going to be a relief for him to see Dayton. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Carthage will not face a better D line all year.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If #45 plays that well that d line is really going to be a problem, I felt last night he grew a lot.

On 9/10/2021 at 9:51 PM, pakronos said:

Until Morgan learn how to stop blitzes… come playoffs we will be home again after 1st rd. PAM played a good game IMO. Better team won and had a better scheme

So it's Morgan's fault that the kid's can't pick up the blitz? Morgan ain't out there playing. I guess injuries and the player's have nothing to do with it? Smh! And sometimes your just outmanned! I watched several games this weekend where the QB was running for his life. Most of the time it's the player's fault not the coach's fault. Most teams don't do very well when they lose starting lineman unless they have a lot of depth.

10 minutes ago, Eagle91 said:

So it's Morgan's fault that the kid's can't pick up the blitz? Morgan ain't out there playing. I guess injuries and the player's have nothing to do with it? Smh! And sometimes your just outmanned! I watched several games this weekend where the QB was running for his life. Most of the time it's the player's fault not the coach's fault. Most teams don't do very well when they lose starting lineman unless they have a lot of depth.

I'm assuming Morgan is the coach and yeah it is partly his fault to a good coach will adjust to the blitz and call plays to attack it 

1 hour ago, Eagle91 said:

Wish I could post some clips to help your point but it says the videos are too large? PAM struggled to win individual matchups along both lines of scrimmage, the o-line in particular. I’m sure that had something to do with the injuries. To his point about the coaching though, PA actually struggled to block the BH d-line too. They just didn’t have a Casey or Bradley that could finish the pass rush.  

Pointing fingers at the coaching staff is always the easy way out but when you see how PA looks physically it’s hard to do otherwise.