Week 3 Port Arthur Memorial 26 Crosby 41/FINAL

Aggieswife

21 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Man yall was legit tonight

Crazy part is that Crosby’s staff would probably beat us by with 20 with PAM’s players. I think what you saw tonight is the difference between Crosby getting to play/schedule a bunch of teams like PAM and knowing how to win when you’re outmanned vs PAM who doesn’t schedule a bunch of teams like Crosby and has trouble finding a second act when you can’t purely out-athlete the other team. 

PAM isn’t that far behind Manvel talent wise but they’re a ways off on the sideline. 

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crazy part is that Crosby’s staff would probably beat us by with 20 with PAM’s players. I think what you saw tonight is the difference between Crosby getting to play/schedule a bunch of teams like PAM and knowing how to win when you’re outmanned vs PAM who doesn’t schedule a bunch of teams like Crosby and has trouble finding a second act when you can’t purely out-athlete the other team. 

PAM isn’t that far behind Manvel talent wise but they’re a ways off on the sideline. 

Facts. I was thinking they resemble FB Marshall. Definitely got some horses over there. 

49 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I’m going to need you to gather some stats.  All week PAM fans were talking about how many rushing yards their QB would have. I believe he may have ended up with negative yardage. 

15 minutes ago, CCRed said:

I’m going to need you to gather some stats.  All week PAM fans were talking about how many rushing yards their QB would have. I believe he may have ended up with negative yardage. 

I’ll go hunting but you’re probably pretty close. I would probably only give PAM 40 total rushing yards. Crosby front probably had 10 sacks tonight. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I’ll go hunting but you’re probably pretty close. I would probably only give PAM 40 total rushing yards. Crosby front probably had 10 sacks tonight. 

I know for sure we lost a lineman last week for the year.  Possibly didn't have 2 other linemen which explains the lack of a running game.  But Crosby played hard and got the W #noexcuses

Yeah we lost big 76 last week which kinda  hurt. Again congratulations to Crosby, but to be honest, Crosby wasn’t that impressive. I mean they should have beat the brakes off PAM. Winning by 2td’s is not beating the brakes off. I give much props to the Crosby coaches. They saw the problem and took advantage of lineman being out and blitzed up the middle. Crosby d-line was bigger and faster and when u blitz a 5’9” qb, well yeah you gonna sack him duh. I fault moron Morgan for not having the running backs to stay in and block cause Crosby secondary or defense could not run with our wr. Defense made no adjustments. We might not have the talent to go to a 4-4-2 defense, but people will to continue to gash us in the middle. Also suit up #16. Sanders should not have been in the game at the 3 min mark. Overall, I’m okay with the loss due to knowing we have people hurt and a team simply pinned their ears back to slow down/ stop the offense. Losing by 2 td’s with the score tied at half I’m good. Not sure what the hype was about playing in that bs stadium. Hot food sold on one side and you don’t take cash for tickets?? LAME!! Again congratulations Crosby… I guess?? Lol. If PAM was able to keep up with y’all with a porous run defense, Crosby in trouble with a team with a solid middle lol

39 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Yeah we lost big 76 last week which kinda  hurt. Again congratulations to Crosby, but to be honest, Crosby wasn’t that impressive. I mean they should have beat the brakes off PAM. Winning by 2td’s is not beating the brakes off. I give much props to the Crosby coaches. They saw the problem and took advantage of lineman being out and blitzed up the middle. Crosby d-line was bigger and faster and when u blitz a 5’9” qb, well yeah you gonna sack him duh. I fault moron Morgan for not having the running backs to stay in and block cause Crosby secondary or defense could not run with our wr. Defense made no adjustments. We might not have the talent to go to a 4-4-2 defense, but people will to continue to gash us in the middle. Also suit up #16. Sanders should not have been in the game at the 3 min mark. Overall, I’m okay with the loss due to knowing we have people hurt and a team simply pinned their ears back to slow down/ stop the offense. Losing by 2 td’s with the score tied at half I’m good. Not sure what the hype was about playing in that bs stadium. Hot food sold on one side and you don’t take cash for tickets?? LAME!! Again congratulations Crosby… I guess?? Lol. If PAM was able to keep up with y’all with a porous run defense, Crosby in trouble with a team with a solid middle lol

Keep those excuses coming. 

11 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

I know for sure we lost a lineman last week for the year.  Possibly didn't have 2 other linemen which explains the lack of a running game.  But Crosby played hard and got the W #noexcuses

After watching the film of BH vs PAM, in the prediction thread I said that PAM’s o-line struggled to block #54 1v1 and had an issue with #34 coming on the wide edge rushes. 

To PA’s credit they just put two on Casey from the opening whistle and kind of neutralized him even though I still think he had a couple sacks and tfls. As the game went on though you could see doubling Casey was exposing more of the issues BH couldn’t. I feel comfortable saying no QB in SETX not named Sanders or Anderson could’ve avoided being sacked 15+ times tonight with the way Crosby got pressure combined with the slow developing deep routes the PAM OC seems to want to lean on. 

One PAM fan had it right when they said we couldn’t stay with their receivers. I don’t remember PA completing a single deep ball to one of their receivers in man coverage but every time we missed an open field tackle against one it was a house call. This was my first time getting to see PAM in person. Someone from Crosby said they’re like FB Marshall which is a very good comparison at the skill positions but FB Marshall is a lot better at the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball. If PA got that fixed they would be three or four rounds deep every year. 

54 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Lol, bro y’all were an opening kick return off a house rule. I know you had all that s*** you planned on talking lined up at 13-0 six minutes into the the first quarter too, huh. Then y’all got your behinds whipped 41-13 the rest of the game. I agree, Crosby definitely has some stuff to clean up because we could’ve beat y’all worse had we made more of the plays that were there. If you think one lineman being out is the reason PAM lost then you probably can’t figure out why y’all are losing to 4th place teams in bi-district either. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Week 3 Port Arthur Memorial 26 Crosby 41/FINAL