Week 3 Silsbee at Nederland-Nederland Wins 41-34 in OT!

Aggieswife

25 minutes ago, Knoddy1 said:

After reading all the posts mostly from Tiger fans it is comical, first Ned coaches are bad, then in the end Tiger coaches are bad, Ned QB is bad, but he did beat you didn't he and he is a junior. 

They did win. And u can't take that back from them.and no disrespect towards that kid.but Nederland QB AVERAGE AT BEST.I DONT THINK #8 IS GUD UNLESS U PLAY ZONE SO HE CAN GET OPEN.HE CATCHES EVERYTHING.AND HAS LOTS OF HEART.NEDERLAND MIGHT BE ABLE TO WIN ONE PLAYOFF GAME.

23 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Silsbee has at least 18-19 Sophomores they are really young but coaching in the end is what lost this game for Silsbee I believe there are no seniors at the skill positions.

They have 18-19 sophomores but only about 8 start. So much focus is on the sophomores that the other skilled players are getting overlooked. Not just from outsiders but their coaches too. Too much talent walking the side line. 

20 minutes ago, TommyShep said:

Quit calling it a false start… it was an illegal shift, which can be declined 

according to commentators it was false start.  

that may be the reason why Silsbee coach was so lax about it. makes complete sense.

yep, I was going by what texan live commentators said. that said, you are correct.

👍

4 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

according to commentators it was false start.  

that may be the reason why Silsbee coach was so lax about it. makes complete sense.

yep, I was going by what texan live commentators said. that said, you are correct.

👍

if you have a texan live subscription the call takes place bout the 1hr 59 minutes mark into the broadcast.

1 hour ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

if you have a texan live subscription the call takes place bout the 1hr 59 minutes mark into the broadcast.

Man come on, you sound like a kid. Trying to prove your right on something that had zero impact on the game. Silsbee was up 34-13 after that. A lot more happened after that is what really impacted the game. No one else is supporting you on this so why beat a dead horse? Silsbee was playing decent and collapsed. Should be a learning moment for a young team.

I talked to some of the players after the game and even some of the players didn’t understand why they were put into basically a prevent the whole 4th qtr and the offense settled on 1 receiver they have 2 other talented receivers that could have easily made life even harder for Nederland but they were not on the field the entire 4th  Silsbee coaching staff balled this game up and threw it in the trash no disrespect to Nederland but Silsbee had numerous chances to put this game away coaching was very questionable during the entire 4th qtr.

• Bigdog changed the title to Week 3 Silsbee at Nederland-Nederland Wins 41-34 in OT!
56 minutes ago, Eagle91 said:

Man come on, you sound like a kid. Trying to prove your right on something that had zero impact on the game. Silsbee was up 34-13 after that. A lot more happened after that is what really impacted the game. No one else is supporting you on this so why beat a dead horse? Silsbee was playing decent and collapsed. Should be a learning moment for a young team.

I love what you have done with your nose hairs! how do you get them to come out of your nostrils like that?

Don't get bitter, just get better.

Silsbee missed 2 big opportunities to score in the 2nd qtr i side the Nederland 5 with holding, fumble, and offsides killing those drives. Also Silsbee dropped a pass on 3rd down that hit right in the numbers to score late in the 2nd qtr. Missed opportunities could have had Silsbee up 48-13. For a kid to quit after lose is weak. Get back out there and keep playing. You won't win every game. 

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You say it was coaching but the coach did put Silsbee special teams in the best position to recover the onside kick.  Had Silsbee fielded this kick, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.  

Not entirely true. He didn’t have right players on the field to obtain that off side kick. #10 all night had been missing passes and definitely shouldn’t have been near that ball. No adjustments where made. Silsbee don’t know their players and what they are capable of. You’ll never win putting it all in one or two  players.  

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee missed 2 big opportunities to score in the 2nd qtr i side the Nederland 5 with holding, fumble, and offsides killing those drives. Also Silsbee dropped a pass on 3rd down that hit right in the numbers to score late in the 2nd qtr. Missed opportunities could have had Silsbee up 48-13. For a kid to quit after lose is weak. Get back out there and keep playing. You won't win every game. 

I

if a kid did quit. That tells you it’s more than just losing a game. 

8 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Yes Nederland was the fav we won was down big and came back. But to say it will help Silsbee more than Nederland is very premature. Unless you got a glass ball over there. If that’s the case you can PM the lotto numbers for tomorrow.  

bigger school reason doesn’t hold much weight. But if that’s how you feel that’s how feel. Giving up 28 unanswered points in any book is considered choke. 

Well shall see! 

Why not have your best players on the field they kept their best players on the field against vidor with an occasional break or two but to not put your best players on the field during a time when they had to score I’ll never understand that every one from here to California knew that they were going to try to get the ball to Miller if I’m a starting receiver I would question why I can’t be on the field during crunch time.

33 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The penalty was an illegal shift. Even the referee signaled illegal shift. That penalty can be declined.

Announcers may have called it illegal procedure but the ref clearly signaled illegal shift.

and you get a late hit penalty.( cause you late)

that was resolved quit a while ago.

thanks for the input though.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You say it was coaching but the coach did put Silsbee special teams in the best position to recover the onside kick.  Had Silsbee fielded this kick, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.  

But even with them getting the offside kick.nederland really wasn't moving the ball til Silsbee coaches started playing zone for whatever reason.silsbee corners were playing well. I don't get that one at all.

Two teams….some say one gave up, obviously the other one didn’t. It all depends on whose side you are on as to how you view this. I think Nederland not giving up is admirable and showing true grit. It’s all about mentality. Sometimes a big lead makes a team get overconfident and have a let up, I’ve seen this many times, but you still have to hand it to the team that digs down deep and makes the plays to win. Congrats Dogs on a hard fought win. Silsbee will learn from this . They have a great team.

After calming down from the game and having time to evaluate the teams, this is my opinion

Silsbee and WOS will battle for the district championship with OF, HF, HJ, and Liberty battling for the other 2 spots

Silsbee and WOS have a lot of very good athletes. They will be fine

Nederland showed a lot of character in coming back. That will help them in district

They lack speed and must learn to quit arm tackling on defense. The offense could be good. It appears that the QB’s problem is that he throws many passes too late. He must improve on his timing

Hopefully they will continue to improve and make the playoffs

The district looks very good this year. It is going to be tough to make the top 4

53 minutes ago, Who That said:

Silsbee had the chance to really put this game away by 2-3 TD'S.. And failed.! But my question to the Bulldogs fans witch team look better Silsbee are WO.S ? 

Silsbee.  They looked like a REAL team for  3 and 7/8 quarters.  Silsbee dominated.  I think if they keep playing like this they will win district and make a good run in the playoffs.