EAGLEFOREVER

Newton vs Kirbyville  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Newton
    • Kirbyville

Newton 50 

Kirbyville 7

I think Newton will be a little too much for Kirbyville this year. Though, I am excited to see what Trey Allen can do there this year and years to come. I would like to see Kirbyville become good competition to Newton once again because those games were looked forward to by many. 

On the other hand, Newton may need to work on being more diverse and balanced on offence early on in the season before getting to stout playoff competition. I understand that Newton does not need to throw the ball and could just run, run, run while beating lower 3A competition, but this is the time to practice and become more confident and efficient in doing so to prepare for playoffs. Gatson is the best RB in 3A football, but he can be slowed down by a well rounded stacked defenses. I hope to see a well balanced offence to alleviate the running game. I trust the coaches and support them fully, but I just felt like rambling my thoughts.