Hull-Daisetta vs Danbury

JohnRuthDomergue

Bottom line, Coach Birdwell has to put his best players in position to be successful. Dawson Victorian would currently best help the team at QB, kid could be a high school version of Lamar Jackson. Also, no need to making Jeremiah Loften wait to start at FB or in the backfield somewhere, kid is explosive and physical. Lastly, a now healthy lineman, Chris Warren has got to start on both sides of the ball, it will give stud Dylan Scott much needed help. HD is running out of excuses, get the studs the ball! Yes the starting QB is still out with injury, the current backup should be Dawson, no question. If HD can't make the proper, basic position adjustments, boy we are in trouble. Keys to beating Danbury, Dawson touches the ball 75% of the time, Jeremiah gets involved in the running game and Chris Warren gets cut loose to make plays.  

Well, I feel that The bobcats are in a pickle. I feel that with the loss of landyn sellers put the cats in a bind at quarterback and having to move up the Junior Varsity quarterback Levi wallace. He doesn’t have much varsity experience and it showed in the first game. However, I feel that the cats will do better against the smaller panthers. I do feel that Victorian should get the ball more but Victorian wasn’t doing well. He had about 61-66 yards and 55 of those yards was on one solid run. Anders-Weeks had 125 yards,a touchdown and 2 point conversion. I feel that he played well at fullback and he also had 8 tackles on defense. Conner drake had 6 tackles I believe, and had the safety which was the first points for the cats. Jeremiah will get time in the backfield but I hope his anger doesn’t get the best of him, I say that based of what I’ve witnessed in the Deweyville game last yr with him getting into constant fights with players and refs. I think Victorian and Anders-Weeks will have the backfield taken care of with drake and Anders-Weeks taking care of defense. I think the Bobcats will do a lot better against the panthers offensively and defensively as long as the team plays through without injuries. I have HD 22 and the Panthers 8

10 hours ago, Oncewas2 said:

Well, I feel that The bobcats are in a pickle. I feel that with the loss of landyn sellers put the cats in a bind at quarterback and having to move up the Junior Varsity quarterback Levi wallace. He doesn’t have much varsity experience and it showed in the first game. However, I feel that the cats will do better against the smaller panthers. I do feel that Victorian should get the ball more but Victorian wasn’t doing well. He had about 61-66 yards and 55 of those yards was on one solid run. Anders-Weeks had 125 yards,a touchdown and 2 point conversion. I feel that he played well at fullback and he also had 8 tackles on defense. Conner drake had 6 tackles I believe, and had the safety which was the first points for the cats. Jeremiah will get time in the backfield but I hope his anger doesn’t get the best of him, I say that based of what I’ve witnessed in the Deweyville game last yr with him getting into constant fights with players and refs. I think Victorian and Anders-Weeks will have the backfield taken care of with drake and Anders-Weeks taking care of defense. I think the Bobcats will do a lot better against the panthers offensively and defensively as long as the team plays through without injuries. I have HD 22 and the Panthers 8

I hope you are right. Anders is a good player, especially on defense. Jeremiah Loften will definitely start at FB, kid is physical and athletic, Anders will move back to WR, although I think he makes a better TE. Starters will be Dawson at TB, Tyler Thib at HB, Jeremiah at FB, Drake at TE, Anders at WR, once QB Sellers is back, pretty good group, HD will be rolling. Oh by the way, don't think Anders had 125 yards, HD may not have had 125 total yards as a team lol. The O-line was terrible and Dawson hardly got the ball at all, Coach probably didn't want him hurt. Danbury is a 3A school...

17 minutes ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

I hope you are right. Anders is a good player, especially on defense. Jeremiah Loften will definitely start at FB, kid is physical and athletic, Anders will move back to WR, although I think he makes a better TE. Starters will be Dawson at TB, Tyler Thib at HB, Jeremiah at FB, Drake at TE, Anders at WR, once QB Sellers is back, pretty good group, HD will be rolling. Oh by the way, don't think Anders had 125 yards, HD may not have had 125 total yards as a team lol. The O-line was terrible and Dawson hardly got the ball at all, Coach probably didn't want him hurt. Danbury is a 3A school...

Think I got to agree with ole John, Anders is a stud defensive player, probably 1st team all-district, but the combination of Dawson at TB and Jeremiah at FB, will be what makes or breaks HD this year, if they want to beat D-Ville this year and win District. Jeremiah Loften can take it 80 yards and is physical. Anders at WR and Drake at TE, will give Sellers big arm targets.    

10 hours ago, Oncewas2 said:

Let's not forget what happened with a player you mentioned in your post, this year in Colmesneil... Anger and fighting has got the best of a few players.  

On 9/7/2021 at 9:25 AM, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Bottom line, Coach Birdwell has to put his best players in position to be successful. Dawson Victorian would currently best help the team at QB, kid could be a high school version of Lamar Jackson. Also, no need to making Jeremiah Loften wait to start at FB or in the backfield somewhere, kid is explosive and physical. Lastly, a now healthy lineman, Chris Warren has got to start on both sides of the ball, it will give stud Dylan Scott much needed help. HD is running out of excuses, get the studs the ball! Yes the starting QB is still out with injury, the current backup should be Dawson, no question. If HD can't make the proper, basic position adjustments, boy we are in trouble. Keys to beating Danbury, Dawson touches the ball 75% of the time, Jeremiah gets involved in the running game and Chris Warren gets cut loose to make plays.  

Man, Coach Bird has gone from returning hometown hero to a poor evaluator of personnel with one loss. Geez, not much leash being given to such a beloved guy. Hope he is not already second guessing leaving a really good situation in Jasper to take on an uphill battle. Good luck Bobcats. 

1 minute ago, 2wedge said:

Man, Coach Bird has gone from returning hometown hero to a poor evaluator of personnel with one loss. Geez, not much leash being given to such a beloved guy. Hope he is not already second guessing leaving a really good situation in Jasper to take on an uphill battle. Good luck Bobcats. 

4 minutes ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Wedgey, I don't thank one person, or a few, expressing he needs to tighten up, means he is a poor anything lol. A true professional could give two craps about a football site with passionate fans. For the record, Coach Birdwell is beloved and adored my all HD fans and players.  

On 9/7/2021 at 9:25 AM, JohnRuthDomergue said:

3 minutes ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Wedgey, I don't thank one person, or a few, expressing he needs to tighten up, means he is a poor anything lol. A true professional could give two craps about a football site with passionate fans. For the record, Coach Birdwell is beloved and adored my all HD fans and players.  

Your first line indicated you do not think he is putting players in a position to be successful. What exactly does he need to "tighten up" with only one game played this season, with the starting QB out? 

I see what John is saying, it's definitely had me frustrated, to know HD has the athletes, but not getting to see them utilized sometimes sucks. I will say, it's early in the season, HD has had a very unlucky off-season, many injuries and misfortune, I do believe in Coach Bird, he will get this ship turned around and sailing. Yes, I also feel like Jeremiah will be a big asset to the rushing attack, he will have to get in shape and learn the plays. When District starts, hopefully by the WH game, Coach has Jeremiah at starting fullback. The key is getting Dawson and Jeremiah on the field at the same time, Dawson is keyed on now, especially with Sellers out. When Sellers comes back vs WH, teams know he throws lasers, Drake at TE and Anders at WR will be important targets down field, makes HD's offense harder to stop, gives DC's nightmares.  

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Imagine how much success HD would have if their head coaches took the advice of the sideline coaches we have on this site.  

That is part of having a passionate fan base, coaches at the schools of the blind don’t have to worry about it lol. To be honest, some could use the advice. Suck it up, all our jobs have critics. 

3 hours ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

That is part of having a passionate fan base, coaches at the schools of the blind don’t have to worry about it lol. To be honest, some could use the advice. Suck it up, all our jobs have critics. 

Suck it up?  I couldn’t care less about what you say about how HD is coached.  I will add... it’s funny how my comment about the miraculously short quarantine period was for the players that were “too sick” to play a week ago.  

By the way, passionate and delusional are vastly different.

Guest mrtomcat

Please help us understand what happened to the positive covid players that were unable to play last week and somehow they are back a week later and ready to go vs Danbury?  We need answers 

20 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

Please help us understand what happened to the positive covid players that were unable to play last week and somehow they are back a week later and ready to go vs Danbury?  We need answers 

At this point, I’d say it’s a safe bet that Hd ducked Hardin. Coach Birdwell has already lost a game and was being second guessed at every turn, so a loss to Hardin at Hardins HC  wouldn’t have bode well for him moving forward. Easy decision when covid was around creating a soft off ramp 

14 hours ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Also.. you “passionate fans” act like HD is some kind of football mecca.  Look, nobody is denying the rich successes the school has had IN THE PAST.  We applaud it.  Well done, sir.  But... even the most passionate of passionate fans should recognize the fact that there isn’t a kid in that school that was even alive the last time HD won a football playoff game.  Are you aware of that?  Burkeville has won more football playoff games this century than HD has.  Evadale has.  Hardin has also.  In fact... every school in the state that has won at least one football playoff game this century has won more than HD.

Couple that with the fact that most of your wins come against the historically worst programs in the state...

My guy.  HD is in fact... a “school of the blind”.  As you so eloquently put it.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Also.. you “passionate fans” act like HD is some kind of football mecca.  Look, nobody is denying the rich successes the school has had IN THE PAST.  We applaud it.  Well done, sir.  But... even the most passionate of passionate fans should recognize the fact that there isn’t a kid in that school that was even alive the last time HD won a football playoff game.  Are you aware of that?  Burkeville has won more football playoff games this century than HD has.  Evadale has.  Hardin has also.  In fact... every school in the state that has won at least one football playoff game this century has won more than HD.

Couple that with the fact that most of your wins come against the historically worst programs in the state...

My guy.  HD is in fact... a “school of the blind”.  As you so eloquently put it.

Nice try pal, funny how you and other haters hover toward all Hull-Daisetta posts lmao! Appreciate you coming out pal!

😂😜