Barbers Hill Eagles at Houston Heights Bulldogs

lcm93

• Bigdog changed the title to Barbers Hill Eagles at Houston Heights Bulldogs

I hope BH does come out and get a good win against the bulldogs, but I think the Heights are going to put up a fight. They are 2 divisions and 500+ students bigger than BH. Also they did beat Lamar last year to take the district and earn its first playoff win since 1959! They return 4/5 from last years team and picked 2nd in a pitiful 18-6A. All that being said we play them in their house, so BH shouldn’t take this game lightly. 

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

I hope BH does come out and get a good win against the bulldogs, but I think the Heights are going to put up a fight. They are 2 divisions and 500+ students bigger than BH. Also they did beat Lamar last year to take the district and earn its first playoff win since 1959! They return 4/5 from last years team and picked 2nd in a pitiful 18-6A. All that being said we play them in their house, so BH shouldn’t take this game lightly. 

You can bet they will be stacked with athletes from goal post to goal post but being countered with semi-crappy coaching!

21 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

You can bet they will be stacked with athletes from goal post to goal post but being countered with semi-crappy coaching!

Yeah that’s the story of HISD. It’s been a long time since BH played anyone form HISD ( Smiley and Forest Brook) ,but last time we did I left that game feeling bad for those players.  Coaches nor parents of Smiley could give a crap less and it showed. Hope the Heights are different.

11 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah that’s the story of HISD. It’s been a long time since BH played anyone form HISD ( Smiley and Forest Brook) ,but last time we did I left that game feeling bad for those players.  Coaches nor parents of Smiley could give a crap less and it showed. Hope the Heights are different.

Is Houston Sterling HISD they played in the playoffs two years ago?

I remember they showed up with hardly any fans and the band didnt come or was late if I remember right. It was sad.  BH side was packed with zero on the other side.

12 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Both of those schools I thought were part of North Forest ISD and not HISD.

From WIKI

North Forest High School is a secondary school located in Houston, Texas, United States. The school is a part of the Houston Independent School District; it was a part of the North Forest Independent School District until the district closed on July 1, 2013.

The thing was such a wreck it went into conservatorship, then later absorbed into HISD.   

12 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Heights is definitely better then your Normal HISD schools. They have had some kids the past couple years. They should have a WR there that would be a Sr this year who is committed to Oregon. But he transferred to Lancaster last year and now at Desoto. I know they had a decent Qb and Rb last year but not sure if they are there this year. I think BH wins by 14-21. 

2 hours ago, Steven Avery said:

I remember they showed up with hardly any fans and the band didnt come or was late if I remember right. It was sad.  BH side was packed with zero on the other side.

Forgot about them. I remember BH fans cheering for Houston Sterling as they came out for the 1st and 3rd quarter because they had nobody on their  side

9 hours ago, Steven Avery said:

Houston Sterling's band was late because they got stuck in traffic on I-10 near the San Jacinto River Bridge.