Port Neches Groves Indians at Tomball Cougars

lcm93

• Bigdog changed the title to Port Neches Groves Indians at Tomball Cougars

This will be an impressive win for PNG if they can pull this one off. Tomball probably won’t finish any higher than 4th in their district but they’re a decent D2-6A and are 2-0 averaging 46ppg. They’re coming off a shutout and only giving up 13.5ppg defensively.

Not very good competition they’ve racked up those statistics against but it would still be an excellent win for PNG nonetheless. If I was a PNG fan I would gauge where my defense is more based on this game than the previous two. 

LONG TIME NO SEE! 
All is well on the banks of the Brazos here in Ft. Bend County.
Just saying... If this game is in the new Tomball ISD stadium, it looks AMAZING! Off the Grand Parkway just west of HWY 249. Hoping you have an EZ Tag to get to the stadium easily. Also hoping to hear some echoes of Cherokee in Ft Bend County on Saturday evening. GOOD LUCK TO THE INDIANS! #alwaysbefaithful #downthetrailsofvictory 

Tomball's Oline is big and plays nasty. The QB is extremely athletic. They will go 4 wide just to run everyone off and then the qb will run. Defense isn't special. Special teams will onside at least 2 times and they will run a fake punt a couple of times. If PNG isn't careful on special teams, Tomball will steal 2-4 extra possessions. They have won multiple games over the past 2 seasons because of this. I personally don't have a dog in this fight. But Id be willing to bet Tomball will win this game by more than the talent disparity between the 2 teams.

4 minutes ago, Kegger said:

Tomball's Oline is big and plays nasty. The QB is extremely athletic. They will go 4 wide just to run everyone off and then the qb will run. Defense isn't special. Special teams will onside at least 2 times and they will run a fake punt a couple of times. If PNG isn't careful on special teams, Tomball will steal 2-4 extra possessions. They have won multiple games over the past 2 seasons because of this. I personally don't have a dog in this fight. But Id be willing to bet Tomball will win this game by more than the talent disparity between the 2 teams.

The difference in the game last year was Tomball got an extra possession on a fumbled kick off. PNG looked like they had the game under control early, but Tomball was sneaky.