Port Arthur Memorial Titans at Crosby Cougars

lcm93

On 9/9/2021 at 9:57 PM, pakronos said:

heres the thing about PAM we ALL are missing. history says PAM most of the time plays up or down to whoever they are playing. Good teams or over hyped teams(Lancaster) they get up for teams they should blow out, well they did with BH, they struggle with...Crosby arrogance is what PAM will feed off of and will beat the brakes off Crosby lol.

Brakes huh?

Crosby top offensive performers:

Quincy Jones - 22 carries 141 yards 3tds

Cyrin Myles - 8/12 106 yards 2tds. 19 carries 99 yards 1td

Kameren Kirkwood - 4 catches 59 yards 2 tds

Port Arthur top offensive performers:

Jamar Sanders - 18/26 279 yards 2tds

Ilijah Williams - 9 catches 169 yards 2tds

Adrian Hayward - 7 catches 97 yards 

2 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

2020 State game: trouble stopping the run.

2021: no one is running the ball on us!

Last week Manvel had a stout RB that was difficult to tackle but their O line was also better.  All about matchups, I think all in all though the Defense is playing pretty well.  Special teams though, whew!!!! Needs some work!

25 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Pretty sure Crosby’s past troubles in stopping the run is now the head coach at La Porte

Coach Tarr actually had the run defense playing pretty well starting about halfway though the ‘19 season. Crosby did give up over 1,000+ rushing yards and about a dozen tds in the semis and state championship combined last year but I kind of give him a pass on the slot-T stuff and Crosby just didn’t have the personnel to stop Aledo. 

I can see why the statement is being made after holding Carthage to 0 total rushing yards and PAM to -14 though. Coach Poth definitely has the defense playing with a different swagger but it also has to be noted that he has some savages in that front seven. Overall this defense is more talented than what coach Tarr was working with last year. 

So if we gonna tell the tale, lets tell it right. My props going out to the Crosby coaching staff. knowing TWO offensive lineman were out with injury with two replacements, Crosby coaching sent the house almost every play. Let it be known it wasn't a four man rush doing it. So good game planning on that front. when we actually handed the ball off to the smaller backs, they were picking up 5 here 7 here. this where memorial coaching gets lost. 21 and 5 should have been fed more up the gut, but they went away from it. again, crosby won the game on great coaching and scheming IMO.

20 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Coach Tarr actually had the run defense playing pretty well starting about halfway though the ‘19 season. Crosby did give up over 1,000+ rushing yards and about a dozen tds in the semis and state championship combined last year but I kind of give him a pass on the slot-T stuff and Crosby just didn’t have the personnel to stop Aledo. 

I can see why the statement is being made after holding Carthage to 0 total rushing yards and PAM to -14 though. Coach Poth definitely has the defense playing with a different swagger but it also has to be noted that he has some savages in that front seven. Overall this defense is more talented than what coach Tarr was working with last year. 

You think we have more talent on this years defense? 

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

In the secondary we do not. Otherwise our two best recievers wouldn’t be playing both ways.  Maybe we can jump out ahead in some of these games and give them a rest on defense so they can be productive offensively.

Hoping a safety will emerge. Never know with Prieto one thing about him he will make adjustments unlike the previous administration. 

3 hours ago, pakronos said:

So if we gonna tell the tale, lets tell it right. My props going out to the Crosby coaching staff. knowing TWO offensive lineman were out with injury with two replacements, Crosby coaching sent the house almost every play. Let it be known it wasn't a four man rush doing it. So good game planning on that front. when we actually handed the ball off to the smaller backs, they were picking up 5 here 7 here. this where memorial coaching gets lost. 21 and 5 should have been fed more up the gut, but they went away from it. again, crosby won the game on great coaching and scheming IMO.

If I could post the film you would see Crosby didn’t really even blitz, much less send the house. If the rb stayed in to block then the the LB rushed but  Crosby hardly ever sent more than what PA’s linemen could’ve individually blocked. I have the film of Sanders getting sacked with Crosby playing three down linemen against five PAM linemen.

Carthage’s o-line did a better job blocking than PAM missing even more linemen. Sending the house is what I would consider sending more than six and I don’t see Crosby ever doing that, that’s why the deep balls weren’t there.  They just got back there so fast it looked like that. PAM had trouble consistently blocking BH the week before so it’s not a stretch to think they were going to have an issue blocking Crosby, especially with linemen out.