Port Arthur Memorial Titans at Crosby Cougars

lcm93

2 hours ago, MhsTitans said:

Over 200 for the team but Sanders had 156 of that total 

That’s what it was looking like. 83 of Sanders’ 156 was on that run at the end of the game. Seems like BH did ok defending the PAM run game but I also didn’t see PAM really hand it off to the backs that many times either. 

On 9/4/2021 at 10:58 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Hagler had 164 yards on 29 carries. BH had 312 yards on 46 carries as a team, that’s with the sacks included of course. I’m sure Myles and Jones are salivating. I’m expecting our defense to have their best night yet and we’ve already had two very good ones. 

Lol ok

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That’s what it was looking like. 83 of Sanders’ 156 was on that run at the end of the game. Seems like BH did ok defending the PAM run game but I also didn’t see PAM really hand it off to the backs that many times either. 

Didn't need to. 

16 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think BH is better than what you were thinking. What I’m watching on film isn’t surprising me. 

Sorry to disappoint you but, knew BH weren’t going to just lay down. I said it at the beginning of the game. The Eagles played us tough last year. Anyway done with them on to the cougs. 

16 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Wheres the link to watch the full game? Only can see the highlights from MaxPreps. From there It seems BH has a massive o-line. And PA needs to work on tackling. And I doubt the PA QB has that much time in the pocket at the jungle come Friday

Pick your poison, time in the pocket or chase him down field. 

1 hour ago, ThaGhost said:

Sacked in the backfield or flushed out the pocket and hit hard. Kid can ball no doubt. However I think our defense is a lil bit more athletic than BH and more prepared for the challenge than your previous opponents. 

8 hours ago, ThaGhost said:

That’s what I’m saying, there is no time in the pocket because Casey collapses it. Manvel double teamed and still really didn’t have time to throw on straight dropbacks. Carthage threw the ball well against because they went off play-action a bunch and froze guys. The only really play-action I see PA run is when they’re in a two back set and fake the handoff to one back and throw underneath to the other. PAM couldn’t even block #54 from BH and the tackles had to hold almost every time #34 came on an edge rush. 

The majority of Sanders’ rushing yards came on one play where the BH d-line missed two tackles in the backfield first, Crosby is a little more athletic than that. The vast majority of PA’s offense against BH was drop straight back and try to let the receivers run past their dbs. We’ll see how that works this week. 

After watching what the BH offense was able to do with their personnel I think if Crosby executes they shouldn’t have any issue scoring 40. PAM made a lot of bad fits in the run game last week, if Holdren was just a little faster and could make the edges BH probably runs for over 400 total yards.  

Liked what I saw from the secondary last week against the two SEC caliber receivers Manvel had so hopefully they can carry that over and cover long enough to let Casey and company do their thing up front. 

Tell you what I'll converese with you because you seem to be more level headed. By week 3 they should be more prepared. PAM 1st opponent had (I'll say) an decent edge rusher. Tall and athletic, only thing I'm saying is that #1 for PAM causes problems for defenses. The kid ran multiple relays and the 100. I'll say the same that I said last week it'll come down to that d-lineman having to CHASE Sanders along with a big bruising RB. 

19 hours ago, ThaGhost said:

Tell you what I'll converse with you because you seem to be more level headed. By week 3 they should be more prepared. PAM 1st opponent had (I'll say) an decent edge rusher. Tall and athletic, only thing I'm saying is that #1 for PAM causes problems for defenses. The kid ran multiple relays and the 100. I'll say the same that I said last week it'll come down to that d-lineman having to CHASE Sanders along with a big bruising RB. 

All these Crosby parents in here pumping up there kids and not the team. A lost in Week 1  with all the COVID kids missing they happy. Yes PA kept BH in the game on a few bang bang plays that could of easily been turnovers. Someone said Manvel has SEC WR I guess I'm falling off I didn't notice anyone that high on the pole at the WR position. 

On 9/6/2021 at 10:02 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

#portarthurvseverybody - 35

MECCA - 14

Damn, that will be worse of a beat down than Crosby took from Manvel.  That’s a bold prediction but I don’t know anything about PAM. I do know Crosby has a very young team this year so they have a lot of room to improve. The QB/Receiver timing has been way off. 

3 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Damn, that will be worse of a beat down than Crosby took from Manvel.  That’s a bold prediction but I don’t know anything about PAM. I do know Crosby has a very young team this year so they have a lot of room to improve. The QB/Receiver timing has been way off. 

I highly doubt this game will be a blowout, but it might be high scoring. 

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

They’re really good with multiple weapons at their disposal.  Plus a strong defense.  I think Manvel didn’t get going until late against y’all.  Also, I think the same thing happened with PAM vs Barbers Hill.  But I think PA comes in and gets it rolling early.

3 hours ago, PAPA Titans 94 said:

All these Crosby parents in here pumping up there kids and not the team. A lost in Week 1  with all the COVID kids missing they happy. Yes PA kept BH in the game on a few bang bang plays that could of easily been turnovers. Someone said Manvel has SEC WR I guess I'm falling off I didn't notice anyone that high on the pole at the WR position. 

I don’t see Crosby parents pumping up THEIR kids. The only name mentioned was Casey the All-State DT. And I don’t think his mom or pops is in here. 
 Point is yall program is pretty much on the level with BH just in a larger classification. 

4 hours ago, CCRed said:

Red, with this post you have my utmost respect. 

3 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

I don’t see Crosby parents pumping up THEIR kids. The only name mentioned was Casey the All-State DT. And I don’t think his mom or pops is in here. 
 Point is yall program is pretty much on the level with BH just in a larger classification. 

Question is, what level is y'all program on? 

• Bigdog changed the title to Port Arthur Memorial Titans at Crosby Cougars