ORANGEFIELD 21 WOODVILLE 7/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

Good game Orangefield. Good ball controll taking a lot of time off the clock even though our defense played pretty good. Especially second half. Our offense didn’t get a lot of possessions but managed to blow it every chance they had. You just can’t win games with turnovers, penalties, and missed opportunities. Good game for us to learn from though 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to ORANGEFIELD 21 WOODVILLE 7/FINAL
9 hours ago, Setx fan said:

Good game Orangefield. Good ball controll taking a lot of time off the clock even though our defense played pretty good. Especially second half. Our offense didn’t get a lot of possessions but managed to blow it every chance they had. You just can’t win games with turnovers, penalties, and missed opportunities. Good game for us to learn from though 

I am a little shocked by this one. I thought that Woodville would "come out swingin'" after the loss last week to Newton. You are completely right though about the turnovers. If they continue to turn the stinking ball over, it doesn't matter how explosive their offense can be; they'll continue to lose games. I hope they get a handle on this quick... come on Woodville, take care of the football..!!!! Let's GO.

12 hours ago, Football Freak said:

I am a little shocked by this one. I thought that Woodville would "come out swingin'" after the loss last week to Newton. You are completely right though about the turnovers. If they continue to turn the stinking ball over, it doesn't matter how explosive their offense can be; they'll continue to lose games. I hope they get a handle on this quick... come on Woodville, take care of the football..!!!! Let's GO.

Yea the personnel adjustment after what I think was a minor injury to Jack Fowler 3rd quarter was interesting also. Instead of going with our QB2 and probably our best playmaker Darius Bean we went wildcat or something and put our young receiver Ralon Williams behind center. That was a big decision down 21-7 with a chance for momentum to swing after a big stop and punt block by the defense. Then we put Jack back out there the next and last possession at the beginning of the 4th. He immediately threw a pick. I think the prior injury had something to do with that. Orangefield got the ball and never gave it back after that. Interesting decision there