Hardin vs. Hull-Daisetta canceled, Hardin looking for a game.

Coach B

“Due” to covid? It has everything to do with it there big dog. If you’re canceling games for covid, and school is still in session, that’s not a good look at all…especially a school HD’s size. I mean if they’re having a “covid” outbreak on the football team that’s causing them to cancel games, you’d think that’d be enough to cancel school? 

Guest mrtomcat
1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

“Due” to covid? It has everything to do with it there big dog. If you’re canceling games for covid, and school is still in session, that’s not a good look at all…especially a school HD’s size. I mean if they’re having a “covid” outbreak on the football team that’s causing them to cancel games, you’d think that’d be enough to cancel school? 

Sounds like the football coach used "covid" as an excuse to cancel the game?  I mean, I can only assume if school is still in session?

"Covid" was an excuse a number of times last year when some could have played, and I would have to think its repeating this year. Seems like "Covid" disproportionally affected the weak programs, especially when they were about to face a powerhouse, while the top 10 - top 20 type teams in all classifications were pretty much immune throughout the year. It kinda looked that way, LOL.   

It is interesting that HD is still in school and this game is canceled due to COVID. Maybe it was cancelled due to QB, RB and others being hurt, and a few COVID positives causing the team to not have enough players to play. At least, that is what I am hoping. It was lining up to look like a Hardin win, so I hope HD wasn't ducking that potential. Especially on Hardin's homecoming. 

2 hours ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

If you people really think coaches cancel games because they don’t want to face someone, you must have never played or coached. Coaches always want to play.

It has nothing to do with what the actual reason is and everything to do with what is perceived to be the reason.  Perception is reality.  Here are the facts: HD and HD alone called the game.  That is proven by Hardin still trying to find a game.  Even though a poster previously said that BOTH schools had too many out for Covid.  Another fact is that HD didn’t cancel school.  I’m hearing, anyway.  Now.. did the HD volleyball team cancel their game for tonight?  Again, the perception is that HD football bailed.  

You say coaches always wanna play?  How many kids are out?  You only need 11 to field a team.

2 hours ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

If you people really think coaches cancel games because they don’t want to face someone, you must have never played or coached. Coaches always want to play.

Its rare but it definitely happened last year. A few were on the way wrong side of a matchup and then it got cancelled, but never the reverse, AFAIK. 

28 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

It has nothing to do with what the actual reason is and everything to do with what is perceived to be the reason.  Perception is reality.  Here are the facts: HD and HD alone called the game.  That is proven by Hardin still trying to find a game.  Even though a poster previously said that BOTH schools had too many out for Covid.  Another fact is that HD didn’t cancel school.  I’m hearing, anyway.  Now.. did the HD volleyball team cancel their game for tonight?  Again, the perception is that HD football bailed.  

You say coaches always wanna play?  How many kids are out?  You only need 11 to field a team.

After speaking with one of the coaches there are at least 9 athletes missing from either injury or sickness. while a few student athletes have also tested positive. It is a small percentage of the overall student population and some that are sick are not getting tested and just not coming to school. If they are missing nine on a team of 19 then they truly don't have enough varsity players to play. On the same note nine students in the student pool is not enough to cancel school.

28 minutes ago, fatboy said:

After speaking with one of the coaches there are at least 9 athletes missing from either injury or sickness. while a few student athletes have also tested positive. It is a small percentage of the overall student population and some that are sick are not getting tested and just not coming to school. If they are missing nine on a team of 19 then they truly don't have enough varsity players to play. On the same note nine students in the student pool is not enough to cancel school.

Do they only have 19 on varsity?  I’m not arguing.. I’m talking perception.

Also, you’ll have a hard time convincing anyone that the only Covid positive kids in the high school are football Players.  9 out of the high school isn’t many, but you’re just talking football.  

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Silsbee contacted Hardin and Hardin said no. Stated they were out of school due to Covid.

1 minute ago, oldschool2 said:

By the way, was Silsbee seriously offering to play Hardin?  

Silsbee was in desperation mode when Jasper canceled yesterday morning. They tried to get a game with Kingsville or Breckenridge. Couldn't get it worked out. They also looked to Louisiana but came up empty. Coach Smith just wanted a game.

Likely he would have played his JV in 2nd half if Hardin had accepted but that was ok too since the JV game with Jasper was also canceled.