Bellaire Episcopal v. Vidor

piratevillain

16 minutes ago, Hagar said:

They run the same old boring pass crazy offense everyone else does.  They only had 98 total yards (-9 rushing).   Doubt they’ve ever seen the Slot T.

Their OL must be terrible or Parish Episcopal reloaded yet again. Maybe both. 

4 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I don't know anything about these guys... we didn't get to play them last year cause of the rona and had to have another scrimmage instead. 🤮 So with that being said, I'm going to go ahead and pick Vidor to win by as much as they want. 🤣🤣🤣

Just hope the Pirate secondary grows up some during this game.  If not, we may be scratching for a playoff spot again.  

secondary is decent on screens and roll outs, but when a pass is 15+ yards, the secondary forgets who they're supposed to cover and zero help over the top, and the DBs can't pin point the ball when it's thrown their way and won't turn around til the last millisecond. I was surprised Vidor didn't get more PI's last week. it's atrocious than years past but it can be shored up, hopefully. 

4 hours ago, piratevillain said:

secondary is decent on screens and roll outs, but when a pass is 15+ yards, the secondary forgets who they're supposed to cover and zero help over the top, and the DBs can't pin point the ball when it's thrown their way and won't turn around til the last millisecond. I was surprised Vidor didn't get more PI's last week. it's atrocious than years past but it can be shored up, hopefully. 

This issue I have with the DBs is that they are 7-10 yards off WRs and are flat-footed till the WR is even with them. If your flat-footed and even…I’m leavin! Get out of man and play a cover 3 or 4.

Vidor had a big, bald headed, DC many years ago.  They were one of the top teams around in interceptions and one kid was close to the lead statewide in interceptions.  What a genius.  Wish the Pirates had another like him because 95% of teams today live and die by the pass.  Of course I’m basing it on Silsbee, and with their basketball/ football players, they probably have some of the better receivers around.  If nothing else, basketball players can catch a pass.  There are still four more games to get the secondary clicking before District.  Let’s hope they work it out.