Manvel mavericks vs crosby cougars

lcm93

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It's only a topic to people that won't be on the sideline Friday night. There's not a single coach or player that cares about what happened last week. Not saying they overlooked Carthage but before the season even started the kids were zeroed in on the Manvel game. I swear to God my son didn't even know who Carthage was. All he knew was that they were a 4A team. He asked me, "Why are we even playing them then?", and "Are they good?" He watched his big brother's squad beat Manvel and knows who they are and how big a deal it was to beat them though. I personally think we were ready to play but we came out and George Ranch-ed it like we did in the opener last year.  

Well ur son must not know anything bout texas football then cause pretty much everyone in texas that keeps up with highschool football the slightest bit knows about carthage football program just like the name Aledo hard not to hear of them in last ten years

8 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

Well ur son must not know anything bout texas football then cause pretty much everyone in texas that keeps up with highschool football the slightest bit knows about carthage football program just like the name Aledo hard not to hear of them in last ten years

He doesn't really care. Only cares about what goes on with his team in Crosby. I went D1 and had a bunch of teammates who were ballers that didn't live the game or research other teams. Kids now days have a lot more to do than sit around and read DC's you used to do back in the day. My older son couldn't have told you who Carthage was either. If the school is not close, if you don't watch the state games on tv or they have played them before, there are a bunch of young kids who don't know who a bunch of good teams are. 

1 minute ago, Bansheefan said:

Well maybe you should tell em to start watching em maybe can learn him a thing r 2 since there coaching is way better

Believe it or not, some people dont care about Carthage. I know its hard to fathom but its true. Some people just focus on their team and the teams in their district that they play. But sure everyone should focus on yall because you can teach us all something lmao. 

4 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

Well maybe you should tell em to start watching em maybe can learn him a thing r 2 since there coaching is way better

Not really. All four coaches that beat our state finals team last year won by more points than y'all just did. Much rather him watch Tim Buchanan who destroyed Crosby or Jon Kay ten minutes down the road where his cousins play in North Shore. 

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Think I will start a SA Cornerstone vs. Carthage thread. Maybe the Carthage talk will leave this thread about Manvel vs. Crosby and move to it's proper thread.

Well I mean that's fine and all but at least we are keeping the talk going in it if it was kept to those team would only be like 5 post

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Not really. All four coaches that beat our state finals team last year won by more points than y'all just did. Much rather him watch Tim Buchanan who destroyed Crosby or Jon Kay ten minutes down the road where his cousins play in North Shore. 

Lol what do you think would happen if surratt had those same kids he for sure does more with less

1 minute ago, aledoalumni said:

Condescending? But yall are the best, the best that ever was and the best that ever will be. 

Well I 100% respect what Aledo has done and as much as it pains me to say it yall for now are still the face of Texas football but we are slowly catching up and now that we are in d2 unless coach leaves yall better not slip up are we will pass yall before you know it

1 minute ago, Bansheefan said:

Well I 100% respect what Aledo has done and as much as it pains me to say it yall for now are still the face of Texas football but we are slowly catching up and now that we are in d2 unless coach leaves yall better not slip up are we will pass yall before you know it

I respect the Carthage football program. Just not some of yalls fans. 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Carthage didn't miss assignments on either of our tds. One we drove down the field with mostly Jones running the ball, he broke a couple of tackles and scored. The other was a screen where Kirkwood broke a tackle and just accelerated through the defense. If Crosby only averages 30ppg this year we might go 6-4 and really make y'alls win look worthless. Like I said, good win. I'm done with the Carthage talk, I'm sure y'all have a game this week too. We trying to get prepared for a hell of a lot tougher opponent than Carthage was this week.  

I honestly came here to get the x's and o's for this game and I saw one of your fans post about Carthage. Had zero plans of even posting. Good luck this week.