Manvel mavericks vs crosby cougars

lcm93

4 minutes ago, CCRed said:
49 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

Why? Cause no way a 4a defense could be better then bigger schools

No, it has to do with my opinion of Crosby’s offense right now. Honestly, you only had one guy making plays on defense. Our QB dropping a lot of snaps and having to pick it up cost him time to look down field. Anyhow, that game is over and this is a new thread. 

Manvel is too much for just about anyone in 5A. Manvel has the potential to hit 60 this week. Not because Crosby is bad, but if they can  break 40 on Dickinson?  I think the score will be around 56-28, but if Crosby can hold them in the 40’s then call it a victory for the D. Offensively it may be another frustrating week, but this game is only going to make the other’s easier. My concern would be keeping that QB healthy Crosby’s depth could be an issue for the Coogs this year. 

On 8/28/2021 at 5:22 PM, Bansheefan said:

Why? Cause no way a 4a defense could be better then bigger schools

Your defense isn't that great dude, at least it wouldn't be in 5A. It should've been 31-7 at a minimum at halftime. It was poor offensive execution on our part just like y'all feel it was poor execution on Carthage's part in the first half. Jones rushed for 102 yards on 14 carries so it's not like y'all played the run great. If Myles is healthy and can take off and run the whole game it's a different story. There was virtually no RPO game with him limping around like that.

You're infatuated with trying to prove what y'all are but just needed a late game kick return to beat the #12 team in 5A-D2. We lost to Manvel by 33 points last year and still went to the D2 finals, even inside of 5A it's a whole different level of competition. In 2016 Crosby played Manvel in week 2 and lost by 14 points. The next week Manvel played North Shore and only beat them by 13 points. Not in anybody's wildest dream did they think Crosby was only one point worse than NS.  

On 8/28/2021 at 4:57 PM, CCRed said:

Unless Manvel’s defense is terrible, we won’t get 35.  

I agree for the most part. The only thing I would say about that is Manvel is going to play us straight up more like Angleton did and there should be more opportunities for the receivers to make plays down the field. Carthage played three deep all night so there was really nothing in the seams and on the post routes, those kids will be one on one against Manvel. We've also ran the ball well every outing so far this season so hopefully we can take more advantage of that. Jones looks like he may go for 1,500 if he can get the carries and stay healthy, love the way he has improved over the last couple of seasons. 

You lose to 4A Carthage the way we did and it's kind of hard to point to what the positives are going to be against a team that will be pretty decent in 6A-D2 next year. To be fair, it Carthage doesn't run back the kick and Crosby squeaks it out I would still feel the same way. 

Outside of North Shore, Atascocita and Westfield, Dickinson probably has the best athletes in the Houston area on an average yearly basis and they just had to get a late score to pull it out at home against Manvel. Manvel is better than Carthage at every single position group, especially QB and RB. Without some improvement on offense it's hard to see how we keep this one close. 

53 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Your defense isn't that great dude, at least it wouldn't be in 5A. It should've been 31-7 at a minimum at halftime. It was poor offensive execution on our part just like y'all feel it was poor execution on Carthage's part in the first half. Jones rushed for 102 yards on 14 carries so it's not like y'all played the run great. If Myles is healthy and can take off and run the whole game it's a different story. There was virtually no RPO game with him limping around like that.

You're infatuated with trying to prove what y'all are but just needed a late game kick return to beat the #12 team in 5A-D2. We lost to Manvel by 33 points last year and still went to the D2 finals, even inside of 5A it's a whole different level of competition. In 2016 Crosby played Manvel in week 2 and lost by 14 points. The next week Manvel played North Shore and only beat them by 13 points. Not in anybody's wildest dream did they think Crosby was only one point worse than NS.  

I guess we shall see held yall to 200 total yards I would say that pretty good considering in your words had a qb that would make us look silly and receivers that we had no chance of keeping up with but ur right it should have been 31-7  carthage  we consistently drove down the field and as far as your qb he was just fine for 3 quarters  but I'm sure after taking a beating whole game he was hurting at the end point is we play up and win yall play up and get takin to the woodshed

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

And as far as playing the run great or not it's called coaching maybe yall coach should take notes yall were trying to pass all night so we played defense to stop that had yall went to run heavy we would of adjusted to that as well its not like yall was running on us constantly 75% of yalls rush yards came on yalls second to last possession 

3 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

I guess we shall see held yall to 200 total yards I would say that pretty good considering in your words had a qb that would make us look silly and receivers that we had no chance of keeping up with but ur right it should have been 31-7  carthage  we consistently drove down the field and as far as your qb he was just fine for 3 quarters  but I'm sure after taking a beating whole game he was hurting at the end point is we play up and win yall play up and get takin to the woodshed

Dude, Surratt went for it down 17-0 on his own side of the field, that was a straight desperation move at that point. Your o-line couldn't hold up if y'all didn't go playaction, Casey was destroying y'all. What did y'all give up, like 8 sacks? Crosby's d-line was mauling y'all the first half, and when you did manage to get a couple of rushing yards we just took the ball away from the running back. If y'all couldn't throw the ball to Hatten, Carthage literally had 0 offense. I bet he had 85% of Carthage's total yards. 

First cramp Myles caught was on the drive at the end of the first half. He wasn't fine the whole 3rd quarter. Before he was hurt he was at least keeping the field position flipped which is why y'all had to keep driving. Lol, the only reason you hit him is because he couldn't move. I don't even remember y'all sacking him the first half. When you play three deep coverage because you're scared of getting burned it's going to be harder to get behind guys, almost every third down Carthage bailed. It's playing smart and scared at the same time. You see Crosby checked Hatten one on one the whole night. 

Y'all got a kick return td at the end of the game. That is literally the only difference in the contest. 

13 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

And as far as playing the run great or not it's called coaching maybe yall coach should take notes yall were trying to pass all night so we played defense to stop that had yall went to run heavy we would of adjusted to that as well its not like yall was running on us constantly 75% of yalls rush yards came on yalls second to last possession 

Jones was running over and dragging Carthage defenders on almost every carry from the first one. He only got the ball 14 times and averaged 7.3 per carry. That makes the bold part of the statement not even possibly true since he would've needed about 70 yards on 10 carries on one drive. Stop gassing it up bro. Hatten carried your entire team the whole night, for whatever reason Crosby decided not to give him more attention. Had he stayed on the sideline with those cramps he doesn't come back in and make those two catches that ended up in those two field goals. Myles couldn't go but he definitely would've been worth more than three had he been healthy in the second half. Again, you're bumping right now because of a kick return at the end of the game. Absolutely nothing y'all did was great, you made one special teams play at the end of the game. I really think our coverage guys were caught off guard that Helburg didn't just kick it out of the back of the endzone. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dude, Surratt went for it down 17-0 on his own side of the field, that was a straight desperation move at that point. Your o-line couldn't hold up if y'all didn't go playaction, Casey was destroying y'all. What did y'all give up, like 8 sacks? Crosby's d-line was mauling y'all the first half, and when you did manage to get a couple of rushing yards we just took the ball away from the running back. If y'all couldn't throw the ball to Hatten, Carthage literally had 0 offense. I bet he had 85% of Carthage's total yards. 

First cramp Myles caught was on the drive at the end of the first half. He wasn't fine the whole 3rd quarter. Before he was hurt he was at least keeping the field position flipped which is why y'all had to keep driving. Lol, the only reason you hit him is because he couldn't move. I don't even remember y'all sacking him the first half. When you play three deep coverage because you're scared of getting burned it's going to be harder to get behind guys, almost every third down Carthage bailed. It's playing smart and scared at the same time. You see Crosby checked Hatten one on one the whole night. 

Y'all got a kick return td at the end of the game. That is literally the only difference in the contest. 

Ask anyone that watches carthage if not punting if that desperation cause I promise you it's not hell we went for it countless times last year inside our own 20 .you r right when you got a oline that's mostly backups that were all under quarantine till 2 days before the game did struggle in the first half we go in halftime move some folks around and adjust and they help up alot better and Hatton had 200 yds so 50% of the offense and you qb did absolutely nothing yall had 10 first down the whole game with I know 4 came in 2nd to last possession. And your last statement just goes to show how much of a joke your coaching staff is get burned all game and don't adjust and see were playing the pass and don't even try to run just admit crosby is a joke 

Just now, Bansheefan said:

Ask anyone that watches carthage if not punting if that desperation cause I promise you it's not hell we went for it countless times last year inside our own 20 .you r right when you got a oline that's mostly backups that were all under quarantine till 2 days before the game did struggle in the first half we go in halftime move some folks around and adjust and they help up alot better and Hatton had 200 yds so 50% of the offense and you qb did absolutely nothing yall had 10 first down the whole game with I know 4 came in 2nd to last possession. And your last statement just goes to show how much of a joke your coaching staff is get burned all game and don't adjust and see were playing the pass and don't even try to run just admit crosby is a joke 

Cool, Crosby is a joke and y'all needed a kick return at the end of the game to beat us. Really doesn't say a lot about your program said that way does it? 

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Jones was running over and dragging Carthage defenders on almost every carry from the first one. He only got the ball 14 times and averaged 7.3 per carry. That makes the bold part of the statement not even possibly true since he would've needed about 70 yards on 10 carries on one drive. Stop gassing it up bro. Hatten carried your entire team the whole night, for whatever reason Crosby decided not to give him more attention. Had he stayed on the sideline with those cramps he doesn't come back in and make those two catches that ended up in those two field goals. Myles couldn't go but he definitely would've been worth more than three had he been healthy in the second half. Again, you're bumping right now because of a kick return at the end of the game. Absolutely nothing y'all did was great, you made one special teams play at the end of the game. I really think our coverage guys were caught off guard that Helburg didn't just kick it out of the back of the endzone. 

The last possession yall scored yall took over at what the 30-35 and drove the field on with that rb so yep ur right had bout70yds of that on one possession and we suck because we had one receiver that was 50% of our offense but ur one rb was 50% of yalls lol ur such a joke dude