Jasper Bulldogs vs Silsbee Tigers/ CANCELED

lcm93

Let's make this perfectly clear. The Jasper ISD administration made this call, not Coach Barbay.

The entire school system in Jasper is shut down and all extracurricular activities have been canceled.

I'm certainly not much of a Barbay fan, but this is not on him.

On 8/29/2021 at 8:15 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Anyway, this game will be interesting.  The game is at home for Silsbee and I pick them to win.   But let’s hope a certain person on Jasper’s sideline don’t get all emotional and sensitive if the players start hitting hard.

Coach actually encourages physicality. 

he does get  emotional and sensitive(expectedly so)when hard hits are one of the dirtiest cheap shops (as reckonized by thousands.

This is the hidden content, please

Just FYI.  COVID blew up over on Thursday.  Lots of staff and kids getting tested and testing positive.  This was out of our hands.  

Jasper County Coronavirus Numbers as of Thu, Sep 2nd, 2021:

Active cases – 339 Thu morning/390 Thu afternoon (Was 305 on 09/01/21)
Deaths – 109 (Was 106 on 09/01/21)

that’s a big jump in numbers in 24hours  and a lot of those positive cases are in the schools   

for a small town like us these numbers required for us to do something   Believe me everyone here wanted to play this game! 

3 minutes ago, Coach.Shu said:

Just FYI.  COVID blew up over on Thursday.  Lots of staff and kids getting tested and testing positive.  This was out of our hands.  

that’s a big jump in numbers in 24hours  and a lot of those positive cases are in the schools   

for a small town like us these numbers required for us to do something   Believe me everyone here wanted to play this game! 

💯

9 minutes ago, Coach.Shu said:

That's what I was told. Completely out of Jasper ISD's hands.

Thanks Coach for the post.

I just spoke to John Seybold the Jasper Superintendent. The number of kids being sent home with fever was beginning to rise. Possibly as many as 70 students on Thursday alone and they are getting additional reports this morning. Seybold consulted with County Judge Mark Allen, the Health Department and local physicians before making this decision. 

It was done to give the district 10 days to be closed for cleaning and disinfecting. But due to the Labor Day holiday the district will only loose 5 instructional days. This is a matter of public health and safety, no more and no less.

After the loss of our site administrator to this virus we take it very seriously here at SETXSPORTS.COM and we will respect any schools decision regarding these types of decisions.

It is a non-district game and that is all it was between Jasper and Silsbee. Let's all keep things in perspective when we post.

4 hours ago, Rebel Yeller said:

I just spoke to John Seybold the Jasper Superintendent. The number of kids being sent home with fever was beginning to rise. Possibly as many as 70 students on Thursday alone and they are getting additional reports this morning. Seybold consulted with County Judge Mark Allen, the Health Department and local physicians before making this decision. 

It was done to give the district 10 days to be closed for cleaning and disinfecting. But due to the Labor Day holiday the district will only loose 5 instructional days. This is a matter of public health and safety, no more and no less.

After the loss of our site administrator to this virus we take it very seriously here at SETXSPORTS.COM and we will respect any schools decision regarding these types of decisions.

It is a non-district game and that is all it was between Jasper and Silsbee. Let's all keep things in perspective when we post.

Well said