Crosby 24 Carthage 27/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

1 minute ago, HikeMoncho said:

Again, I'm not taking anything from Crosby. To do so, really downplays the significance of Carthage beating them.  Like I said I think it was a huge accomplishment and something to be excited about.  

Nah, not really at you Hike, more at these other fellas that pretended like this was the type of team yall regularly face and not a step up in competition. 

It turns out Carthage is good enough and deep enough to beat a very good 5AD2 team even with some COVID strife. 

4 minutes ago, HikeMoncho said:

And being that Larry talks to Surratt every week and interviews him pregame, his info is straight from the coach.  But nah, someone from Bellville probably knows better. 

All I said was what I was told. I never said y’all were wrong or lying. If people from Carthage know the facts then cool end of story it is what it is. 

Just now, Cougtalk said:

Nah, not really at you Hike, more at these other fellas that pretended like this was the type of team yall regularly face and not a step up in competition. 

It turns out Carthage is good enough and deep enough to beat a very good 5AD2 team even with some COVID strife. 

I hear you.  I knew this was going to be a hell of game long before the season arrived.  I would not have been surprised if Carthage had lost the game.  It was baptism by fire for both teams with new starters at key positions, what a heck of a way to get both teams new starters ready for the season going forward.  Great experience!

Just now, aTmfan06 said:

All I said was what I was told. I never said y’all were wrong or lying. If people from Carthage know the facts then cool end of story it is what it is. 

I got you.  Were you at the game by any chance? I figured you were referring to things you might have heard in the stands.  lol

Just now, HikeMoncho said:

I got you.  Were you at the game by any chance? I figured you were referring to things you might have heard in the stands.  lol

No I watched online. What was up with the QB situation. The kid that came in after the starter seemed a good bit better

Just now, aTmfan06 said:

No I watched online. What was up with the QB situation. The kid that came in after the starter seemed a good bit better

Just now, Cougtalk said:

their coach said pre-game they still were gonna use 2 QBs

sounded like they still needed to make a decision. 

Basically what Cougtalk said.  It was a competition all offseason and they both split time during 7 on 7 and both played well.  #3 that started the game is a senior and played well in mop up duty last year when the games were out of reach.  

I think #10 just showed he handled the pressure of the pass rush better and made better decisions.  #3 is a great player and athlete still, I hope he will get a chance to help by carrying or catching the ball and maybe on defense.  

So long as Crosby stays healthy and improves, are they favored to win or compete for their district?  I can't pretend I know as much about yalls district and opponents.  I just knew Crosby had a lot to replace from last years great run to the championship game.  

I believe we are the consensus pick for district winner but then again we didn't win district last year so...

1 minute ago, BlackShirts5 said:

Ah man..  Went to sleep with former Crosby player tweeting Carthage WHO lol..  Woke up to Crosby taking the L.  Dang.

I know some people just love to talk to trash, I do too at times (Not the caveman "yall suck haha" type).  But as a rule I NEVER talk trash too early.  Lol.  

Hey, even better when you don't even need to win district to make things happen! 

We torched our district last year but last game of season was against Nederland and they slowed the game down played solid defense and kept it close and pulled out a pretty good victory. The next week we flipped our RB/QB and the rest as they say is history. 

Well all of 5a d2 is prolly hoping  crosby does nothing this year so they don't make them look even worse. A side note on the covid stuff all oline were in quarantine till Tuesday so the guys that did get the start were sitting at the house for a week prior till then so only had one day to prepare 

I just want to know where is ol 14.2 guy he was the one talking all week like we didn't even deserve to be on same field as them and that yalls offense is better then last years and no way way we our defense could hold them to 14 which they did and don't say they scored 17 on em cause the field goal was from a turnover yall got that put yall in field goal range from the get go

6 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

I just want to know where is ol 14.2 guy he was the one talking all week like we didn't even deserve to be on same field as them and that yalls offense is better then last years and no way way we our defense could hold them to 14 which they did and don't say they scored 17 on em cause the field goal was from a turnover yall got that put yall in field goal range from the get go

Whatever makes you happy buddy. We also had a cramping QB the entire second half but we aren't using that as an excuse for not scoring. 20-14 or 20-17 offense vs offense doesn't really matter. Not like your offense was particularly spectacular. 

So one nugget we should mention. 

Did either team have a bad snap in the 2nd half? there were so many for Crosby in first half, and a couple over the heads for Carthage. I think we had the one bad snap over the QB head that lead to the first instance of cramping, but after that pretty clean snaps rest of night. glad we cleaned that up. 

6 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Whatever makes you happy buddy. We also had a cramping QB the entire second half but we aren't using that as an excuse for not scoring. 20-14 or 20-17 offense vs offense doesn't really matter. Not like your offense was particularly spectacular. 

Ours wasn't but everyone knew that side of ball was going to be a struggle with so few returnees and then covid hit to make it even worse but still was able to out gain yall 2:1