Crosby 24 Carthage 27/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

You were not that bad as far as doubting talking down about carthage but bout to make 14.2 look silly here are just a few quotes  from him

Ok. Aledo held Crosby to their lowest point total of the season. I don’t think Carthage’s defense will be as good as Aledo’s, plus I think this Crosby offense will be better than the one Aledo held to 21 last year.

Above was my justification in the original post I was responding to which was about Crosby being held to 14 points. It is a little misleading because I actually think Huntsville had the best defense we faced with those Bobino brothers but the point still remains in regards to how I view Aledo’s defense vs Carthage’s

On 8/24/2021 at 7:33 PM, Horton said:

You might want to YouTube the Dawg defense from last year. They return 3 D linemen, 3 linebackers, one of which is a 5 star linebacker, 2 D backs

add in number 20 and 80 that played in every game as relief players not back ups. 
The Dawg starters allowed 4 points a game. 

Expand  

I saw them, they’re impressive against 4A squads. It’s different when those d-linemen have to chase a QB that can embarrass them and those DBs have to check some of the fastest 5A players in the state. Not overly concerned about what you bring back and if the linebacker you’re talking about is Kip Lewis he’s not even close to a 5 star. 

Crosby dropped 62 on Texas High who had two 4 star line backers, one of which was actually almost a 5 star. Clayton Smith finished #38 overall and three spots out of 5 star designation, Lewis is #259 overall and 228 spots out of 5 star designation. 

24 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

I think this Crosby offense will be better than the one Aledo held to 21 last year.

I think only Cougar14.2 believes that. 

We are hopeful this offense will be as explosive and Cyrin Miles looks like he can be a special QB but we lost our QB/RB/WR1/WR3/WR4 from last year. Kirkwood returns as the only primary starter in skill positions. Womack is another tertiary starter. 

We were Vanilla but we normally are in games pre-district. 

Looks a hell of a lot better than the start of last year that's for sure. 

I'll take a loss by 3 on a kick return for TD against an 8 time state champion team in 4ad2 over a 7 point loss to a 6A team in a weak 6a districts who lost to anyone with a Pulse last year. 

We put up 500 yards in that game and scored 3 times... that's embarrassing. This game? Meh, it got away it happens. 

of the 8 starters who contributed yards in last years game 1, 2 of them return. 

I'm just saying what has been said all week yalls offense was completely  shut down last night with exception of 2-3 plays like it or not those are the facts I said all week how good our d was and was constantly laughed at by all crosby supporters because either we didn't play no one or we have not seen there 5a state champ speed and and no waY our defense could compare to the 5a schools yall played think last night proved yall all wrong 

43 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

So one nugget we should mention. 

Did either team have a bad snap in the 2nd half? there were so many for Crosby in first half, and a couple over the heads for Carthage. I think we had the one bad snap over the QB head that lead to the first instance of cramping, but after that pretty clean snaps rest of night. glad we cleaned that up. 

I was glad to see both cleaned that up, it made for a much better game! Hard to get excited about watching snaps flying over the heads of QBs and snaps getting dropped before the play has hardly begun.  

2 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

I do find it fascinating that Carthage fans really holding onto this "we had players missing with COVID excuse for why they WON a game. 

Maybe after this game those boys took a starting job because they showed a lot of heart. I think that QB won his starting job for sure. even tho he didn't "start"

But that's Carthage for you lol. They make excuses why they didn't beat you worse. 

Just now, house said:

you guys praised your superior speed all week.  of course the run back was more than just speed but i believe paddie is our fastest player.  

He was a fast player for sure but that run back was like 20% speed 80% excellent seal blocks and special teams design. 

3 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Wasn't his speed it was a great play and great blocking. No clue why yall are trying to pretend it was "just speed" 

Well no just speed will never do it for ya if you can't get no one blocked but once that seam did open his speed is what made it a td. Not sure bout this year but he was the fastest kid on the team last year

Just now, Bansheefan said:

Well no just speed will never do it for ya if you can't get no one blocked but once that seam did open his speed is what made it a td. Not sure bout this year but he was the fastest kid on the team last year

He had blocks to the opposing 45 to make that play, i hope the special teams coach got a free beer out of it at very least. 

2 hours ago, HikeMoncho said:

I just got here and am only sharing facts about what was missing.  I'm impressed as hell to beat a team and school with literally 1,000 kids bigger enrollment and a program that played for the state title 2 classifications above us last year.   Missing nearly an entire starting unit while also replacing such an integral position as QB.  

The QB most definitely earned the job going forward.  I doubt the O-line did outside of one or two of them, being that Carthage had negative yards rushing and that NEVER happens.  

I'm equally as impressed and I think they should go visit the white house! I mean really. So impressive. How is the txhsfb hall of fame not in Carthage Tx. About time for everyone to write the uil. Change.org

Just now, Cougtalk said:

Where are those stats? Do you have a full list? I was looking but that seems off but hey kudos. 

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

I didnt personally keep my own stats, just sharing what ive seen reported everywhere that I read about the game