BPD Sergeant Charged With Injury to a Child and Family Violence

bullets13

15 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I’m glad this dirtbag’s stuff came to light.  I hope he gets put in jail and loses his Benefits…

Would you want that for all people accused or just cops?

My thoughts are laws are laws, break them and get what you get.  If you come back with the higher standards argument, then shouldn't we hold teachers to that same higher standard? Wouldn't that be different rules for different people? Should a teacher be fined more for speeding than a construction worker?

6 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

Would you want that for all people accused or just cops?

My thoughts are laws are laws, break them and get what you get.  If you come back with the higher standards argument, then shouldn't we hold teachers to that same higher standard? Wouldn't that be different rules for different people? Should a teacher be fined more for speeding than a construction worker?

Everyone.  I’m equally like that for my previously favorite male artist Robert Kelly…. 

16 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Gotcha.  But accusations derive from somewhere..  

A lot of times they're from the imagination of a scorned woman.  

But I kinda suspect that there's fire to go along with this smoke.... the indictment/retirement would likely not have occurred without some sort of evidence available.  I'm gonna reserve judgment, but I've got a feeling there's something to this one. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

But I kinda suspect that there's fire to go along with this smoke.... the indictment/retirement would likely not have occurred without some sort of evidence available.  I'm gonna reserve judgment, but I've got a feeling there's something to this one. 

I’m not a cop hater, I support most cops, have worked alongside many cops, have used cops as references,  etc etc.. and agree with most of what’s been stated in this topic.

time and time again we see some hothead who abuses his power, beats his wife/kids, or pulls some type of BS that makes their entire unit look bad. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

12 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

I’m not a cop hater, I support most cops, have worked alongside many cops, have used cops as references,  etc etc.. and agree with most of what’s been stated in this topic.

time and time again we see some hothead who abuses his power, beats his wife/kids, or pulls some type of BS that makes their entire unit look bad. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

I just don’t think this has anything with him being a cop or an abuser of his “power” from being a cop. It’s a family violence issue. If he’s guilty, I hope he gets what he has coming. 

Just now, SmashMouth said:

I just don’t think this has anything with him being a cop or an abuser of his “power” from being a cop. It’s a family violence issue. If he’s guilty, I hope he gets what he has coming. 

I mean we’re all just speculating at this point but I wouldn’t be surprised if he figured he can get away with it, because he is a cop. It’s happened before and will happen again

15 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

I mean we’re all just speculating at this point but I wouldn’t be surprised if he figured he can get away with it, because he is a cop. It’s happened before and will happen again

You'd best believe that there's a lot of "professional courtesy" extended to brothers in blue that the rest of us don't get.  

I've got a friend whose ex-husband/DPS officer threatened her with his service weapon.... like he left marks on her head from it.  They wouldn't even take a report when she called the local cops.  

In retrospect, it was the right decision because if he'd lost his job, she'd lose her half of his pension.  Divorce is hell, boys....lol.  

13 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

I happen to know the guy. Knew him pretty well when we were kids. I don’t think he’s a super cop or anything. Probably gonna get what he has coming. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Probably so