Which issue has stymied the trust in Science the most

Englebert

The question is, in your opinion, which issue reigns supreme for which the so-called "experts" have lied the most, or more succinctly have falsely led one to believe that their conclusions are based on science.

Man Made Global Warming (Climate Change) versus Covid 19 (current pandemic).

In both cases, the ultimate goal is noble. In both cases, the experts/pundits/know-it-alls have consistently lied, misled, and provided a plethora of misinformation. In both cases, other causation/remedies/remedial actions have been banned/censored. Which issue has been most influential in lowering your trust in science? If your trust in scientific "experts" has increased with either issue, please don't be shy from admitting that also. (You might want to be prepared for ridicule though). If you have another issue that can compete with these two issues, feel free to list that also.

I think a good bit of the Covid misinformation has stemmed from trying to solve an immediate problem that basically came out of nowhere.  Because of the circumstances, advice and guidelines have been constantly changed as time has gone on as a result of new information and data that we simply didn’t have a few months before.  There’s also been a tremendous amount of politicization of the issue, which has led to tons of misinformation from people who really have no idea what they’re talking about, but instead are regurgitating what other people, who also don’t know what they’re talking about, are telling them on social media.  

I compare the Covid vaccine/mask (mandate) with laws governing wearing motorcycle helmets. They change from year to year and can’t guarantee survival even if worn. Chances are greater that you won’t die in an accident, but not by much. Also, years that allow you to be free of wearing a helmet, there is still an option to wear one of one so chooses. Of course, most laws concerning the operation of motor vehicles are governed by insurance. 

As for the global warming….. maybe the earth is warming a tad by natural means, but man, with his conceited attitude of being able to control everything, including nature, has thrown $trillions at this project and accomplished absolutely nothing. The entire program is geared toward global government and the lining of pockets. 

On either front, how is the general population supposed to prove any of this? The science is there but it changes. Then we have to get our info from the media, and who on here trusts that to not be skewed or politically reported with a slant?

To say which one has stymied our trust the most is a tough one, Englebert. 

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I think a good bit of the Covid misinformation has stemmed from trying to solve an immediate problem that basically came out of nowhere.  Because of the circumstances, advice and guidelines have been constantly changed as time has gone on as a result of new information and data that we simply didn’t have a few months before.  There’s also been a tremendous amount of politicization of the issue, which has led to tons of misinformation from people who really have no idea what they’re talking about, but instead are regurgitating what other people, who also don’t know what they’re talking about, are telling them on social media.  

Do you honestly believe it came out of nowhere?  I might agree if Trump had not pissed off the Chinese.  The icing on the cake though, is that little commie Fauci declaring there would be a pandemic during Trump’s presidency.  Lo and behold right at election time, here comes COVID.  Coincidence??  

46 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Do you honestly believe it came out of nowhere?  I might agree if Trump had not pissed off the Chinese.  The icing on the cake though, is that little commie Fauci declaring there would be a pandemic during Trump’s presidency.  Lo and behold right at election time, here comes COVID.  Coincidence??  

I don't think it's a coincidence.  The problem is who is actually responsible for the release of COVID and why has no one been held accountable?  

5 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Let me rephrase: for most of the world's scientists and healthcare workers it came out of nowhere.  I'm open to the idea that the virus came out of a lab, OR that it came out of a meat market.  It DEFINITELY came out of China, and they definitely covered it up for long enough that it spread around the world.  

19 hours ago, Englebert said:

The question is, in your opinion, which issue reigns supreme for which the so-called "experts" have lied the most, or more succinctly have falsely led one to believe that their conclusions are based on science.

Man Made Global Warming (Climate Change) versus Covid 19 (current pandemic).

In both cases, the ultimate goal is noble. In both cases, the experts/pundits/know-it-alls have consistently lied, misled, and provided a plethora of misinformation. In both cases, other causation/remedies/remedial actions have been banned/censored. Which issue has been most influential in lowering your trust in science? If your trust in scientific "experts" has increased with either issue, please don't be shy from admitting that also. (You might want to be prepared for ridicule though). If you have another issue that can compete with these two issues, feel free to list that also.

Replication crisis.   That's what has made me question the "science".