Remembering Todd Broussard (WOSgrad) 8-21-21

AggiesAreWe

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report that Todd passed away this afternoon at 4:20pm at the Memorial Herman Hospital Houston after a battle with Covid-19.  As most of you know, Todd joined the SETx sports family in 2005 as WOSgrad. Todd's work behind the scenes putting together scores, rankings, schedules and most of the online administrator tasks for the site are one of the reasons the site is successful today. Together we have spent many hours working, prepping, laughing, and sometimes cussing and discussing. Todd was a kind, soft spoken man with a passion for all things high school sports. My heart is broken at this news and very difficult for me to talk. I had a feeling that the worst would happen and it did. Words cannot express my sadness at losing my dear friend. The coming days are going to be long and hard, and it just won't be the same without him. My wife has been in contact with his sister's family and will keep us posted on pending funeral arrangements. He leaves behind his wife Rebecca and his beloved Bassett Hound, Sadie. Todd was a heart transplant recipient and has battled to stay healthy since receiving his heart. The Broussard family will need our support and prayers in the coming days. Please continue to stay safe during this pandemic, and if you can't do it for yourself, then do it in honor of Todd. Feel free to post a kind word, thought, story, or memorial so that we can share with Rebecca and family.

When I started as just a member on SETXSPORTS.COM my boys were both playing football and basketball for Evadale. I was the PA announcer as well, so I signed on as Rebel Yeller. I moved to the press box at Kirbyville after my wife started teaching there. After one season I responded to an invite to do the Wildcats play by play from SETXSPORTS.COM. it was then that I began to message and talk to Todd. 

He has assisted me and everyone else on the website and the broadcasts.  Todd and I did an entire day on air from the Evadale basketball tournament in 2019 as he was beginning to consider doing games himself. We did a Jasper game last season as well. Todd did so much and he will be missed not just because of what he did for the website , but as a great guy and a true friend. 

We all lost a special guy today and the impact of his loss will be felt for a long time. To Todd's wife and family our thoughts and prayers are with you. And to Todd, I hope that they have high school sports in heaven, because we know how much the athletes and the schools of South East, Texas.

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I can’t freakin believe this.  Seems like we just talked a few weeks ago and I wished well that he gets back healthy for the season.  Rest In Peace, Big Brother Grad!

I just messaged him a few days ago and he told me he was feeling better but ready to leave the hospital.