Interesting Article

Chester86

I found this to be an interesting article.  I always try to see other viewpoints, narratives and just try to be educated on things that I am not.  I really feel the world would be a better place if we stopped looking at what made us different but that is a whole different talking point.  I admire some parts of the black culture and like seeing people who are proud of who they are and where they came from.  I just wonder sometimes if people view me from a singular perspective.  I have read some posts today that were rife with a bubbling layer of discontent flowing just below the surface. Anyway, enjoy the article.

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

Robert Palmer, a professor in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at Howard University.

• "This HBCU is a place that we came to, to be around folks who are like us, our culture, our experiences, who can relate to our issues, and also to have a sense of being uplifted," he said.

• But it’s also why “there's a sense that [non-Black students] are invaders,” he noted.