The 2 wheel forum

Greezy

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The other day I saw a millennial, with a man bun, wearing skinny jeans, had a guitar hero controller strapped to his back, riding a Moped, and a sticker that read "powered by green energy"

I seen a young dude on a Harley without a helmet but he had his paper covid mask on.  

40 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Nope. Got swiped by a pickup while I was on my bike. Broke my back among other things. Pretty gnarly wreck. Decided to drive fast cars instead. Lol. 

Damn.  Broke my back on mt Rainier.   The people in front of me decided to take a picture and stop in the middle of the road on the blind side of a switchback.   Totally my fault but I mean c'mon don't stop in the road.

The craziest coincidence is that their son was a paraplegic because he had broken his back in a motorcycle accident.   

They helped me get to Yakima.   

Just now, Greezy said:

Damn.  Broke my back on mt Rainier.   The people in front of me decided to take a picture and stop in the middle of the road on the blind side of a switchback.   Totally my fault but I mean c'mon don't stop in the road.

The craziest coincidence is that they're son was a paraplegic because he had broken his back in a motorcycle accident.   

They helped me get to Yakima.   

Damn!

I had dirt bikes all my life and I will have another one day. I enjoy that type of riding. My years with the ambulance service plus having a good friend die on one has kept me off the streets. It seems every time I get an itch to buy one, reasoning with myself I will limit how often I drive it, there is a fatal motorcycle accident in the local paper that changes my mind. 

The traffic these days along with road construction makes it a death trap on a motorcycle. You typically don't walk away if you strike a vehicle, or more likely a vehicle strikes you. 

I'm getting old enough that it hurts when I fall down in the grass.......lol

P.S.  I'm not anti-motorcycle, I respect everyone's right to make their own choices 

7 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

I had dirt bikes all my life and I will have another one day. I enjoy that type of riding. My years with the ambulance service plus having a good friend die on one has kept me off the streets. It seems every time I get an itch to buy one, reasoning with myself I will limit how often I drive it, there is a fatal motorcycle accident in the local paper that changes my mind. 

The traffic these days along with road construction makes it a death trap on a motorcycle. You typically don't walk away if you strike a vehicle, or more likely a vehicle strikes you. 

I'm getting old enough that it hurts when I fall down in the grass.......lol

P.S.  I'm not anti-motorcycle, I respect everyone's right to make their own choices 

I personally know far more people that died in cars and trucks than on motorcycles.   That being said I don't know many people that own motorcycles. 

5 hours ago, Greezy said:

Ps I can't keep a dirt bike upright to save my life but I'm fast AF around a road race course.  

A 125 Penton used to kick my butt. It wasn’t mine though. My bike was a Kawasaki 1000. Got rid of it before I killed myself. You ride as a ghost. The second you assume someone sees you, you made a huge mistake. In town riding was the pits. 

I worked as a claim adjuster for a while after college.... I dealt with a couple of families who had lost loved ones and I ended up selling my old scooter.  I just needed to be around to raise the kids and stuff.  I always thought I'd get another one, but now that my parental obligations are pretty much fulfilled I just don't really have the urge to ride anymore.  The ground is just too hard. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I worked as a claim adjuster for a while after college.... I dealt with a couple of families who had lost loved ones and I ended up selling my old scooter.  I just needed to be around to raise the kids and stuff.  I always thought I'd get another one, but now that my parental obligations are pretty much fulfilled I just don't really have the urge to ride anymore.  The ground is just too hard

Lmao. Exactly. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I worked as a claim adjuster for a while after college.... I dealt with a couple of families who had lost loved ones and I ended up selling my old scooter.  I just needed to be around to raise the kids and stuff.  I always thought I'd get another one, but now that my parental obligations are pretty much fulfilled I just don't really have the urge to ride anymore.  The ground is just too hard. 

I've had a wreck in a car.......and walked away......

If I had that same wreck on a motorcycle I would not have walked away.....at least a dirt box I will probably survive if I crash

19 hours ago, Greezy said:

Basically started this looking for help finding curvey crooked roads down in yall neck of the woods.   Any suggestions?  Where would you go drive a sports car?  Tight turns maybe some hills or some scenery.   

Not many curvy crooked roads. Drive up Hwy 92 through Silsbee, Fred, Spurger, Town Bluff. Hit 190 and find your way to the Lakes. A few curves. Very scenic.