P.a. Isd requiring mask and the Bible in public schools

5GallonBucket

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Good post, I would add that by the news I read (which is a good bit) I see more instances of schools restraining religious freedom (many times from just not knowing as you point out) than I see of schools openly promoting or allowing it.  Not necessarily in our part of the Country but in many areas.

I think the subject scares many school districts and gov entities to death.

I can guarantee it scares some (most?) of them because they don’t know what to do. There is an organization called  ACLJ (not ACLU) / American Center for Law and Justice which sometimes fights these battles and I believe most of the time they win. There are already court cases in place so I think most the time they just send letters. 

It is like, a teacher going oh my gosh, I heard a kid in the hallway between classes mention Jesus. Panic!! Call the school board!

So I wonder how PAISD is doing with the mask mandate…… 

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Yes I know, but why is a govt held position allowing a bible be part of the process?  

Allowing an individual to do as he wishes is fine. That is a big difference than requiring it. If a student wants to carry a Bible around in school, that is OK also if the school allows any books to be carried. They cannot allow some books and restrict others….. Unless it causes a disruption in the school, if we can figure out what does that. 😀

As far as the Constitution and probably all state laws, you don’t necessarily have to swear something under oath. Even more than 200 years ago the intelligent men that wrote the Constitution, did not require you to swear something under oath. Several times it has the phrase “Oath or Affirmation”. I believe that is because some people think that swearing an oath is swearing to a religion like swearing on the Bible whereas being under affirmation is just saying “yes” or “ I will go along with it“.

Article VI in the Constitution specifically says there will be no religious test as a qualification to hold public office. 

• tvc184 changed the title to P.a. Isd requiring mask and the Bible in public schools
2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

The general practice of wanting prayer broadcasted everywhere, but also of wanting to suppress other religions.  You say you’re not like that, so good on you, but there’s plenty of Christian outrage when other religions are brought to the forefront.  I assure you setx would lose their mind if a local school starting saying Muslim prayers over the loud speaker every morning.  

They would lose their mind, but they wouldn’t stop it. You’re not proving your point. People are very vocal about lots of issues that still go on.  You’re guaranteed the right to worship, not the right for someone to not disagree.  Christians are criticized constantly, you’ve been doing it yourself.

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

I can guarantee it scares some (most?) of them because they don’t know what to do. There is an organization called  ACLJ (not ACLU) / American Center for Law and Justice which sometimes fights these battles and I believe most of the time they win. There are already court cases in place so I think most the time they just send letters. 

It is like, a teacher going oh my gosh, I heard a kid in the hallway between classes mention Jesus. Panic!! Call the school board!

So I wonder how PAISD is doing with the mask mandate…… 

The ACLJ definitely stays busy.  They have a daily show on 100.7 that details their good work.