P.a. Isd requiring mask and the Bible in public schools

5GallonBucket

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I mean, he’s saying that school districts that mandates masks are somehow crappy school districts.  This is the craziest thing I’ve ever heard all day.  

Is this your way of avoiding what I posted.

I don’t know enough about PA to say their crappy…mask mandate or not.

“craziest thing you ve heard”…. 
If your talking about my comment on school board getting taken over again…..well yes it is crazy to think that a school board would defy the law and risk litigation and waste taxpayer money.

you want the pulse of the district sign up to sub  and see for yourself or keep your head in the sand….your choice.

how many lockdowns has Bmt had in the last 2 weeks

how many of bisd schools are now chartered.

I know many good teachers, para s, custodians, staff, bus drivers principal s at bisd. Many have left and many still with the district but more will be leaving. givin what I have mentioned in this list and previous post.  These are all true….or do you want me to lie so that it doesn’t hurt one s feelings….

the mask mandate is just more proof of poor decisions and not just by admin/SB but by parents as well.

19 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Is this your way of avoiding what I posted.

I don’t know enough about PA to say their crappy…mask mandate or not.

“craziest thing you ve heard”…. 
If your talking about my comment on school board getting taken over again…..well yes it is crazy to think that a school board would defy the law and risk litigation and waste taxpayer money.

you want the pulse of the district sign up to sub  and see for yourself or keep your head in the sand….your choice.

how many lockdowns has Bmt had in the last 2 weeks

how many of bisd schools are now chartered.

I know many good teachers, para s, custodians, staff, bus drivers principal s at bisd. Many have left and many still with the district but more will be leaving. givin what I have mentioned in this list and previous post.  These are all true….or do you want me to lie so that it doesn’t hurt one s feelings….

the mask mandate is just more proof of poor decisions and not just by admin/SB but by parents as well.

If you say so.  
Anyway, 

kudos to PAISD (Dr. Porterie and the BOT’s) for showing that you do indeed care for the kids and employees.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

If you say so.  
Anyway, 

kudos to PAISD (Dr. Porterie and the BOT’s) for showing that you do indeed care for the kids and employees.

Yep and all the other districts don’t care for kids…..come on now.

besides the mask mandate…you have no comment on the other issues that I ve mentioned that bisd has. None…come on….I figured you would care somewhat. Or is it just sports you care about….wait hang on athletes aren’t wearing masks are they but that’s ok because you enjoy sports.

Seriously though I am genuinely asking….do you not take any issue with the state of the district?

5 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Yep and all the other districts don’t care for kids…..come on now.

besides the mask mandate…you have no comment on the other issues that I ve mentioned that bisd has. None…come on….I figured you would care somewhat. Or is it just sports you care about….wait hang on athletes aren’t wearing masks are they but that’s ok because you enjoy sports.

Seriously though I am genuinely asking….do you not take any issue with the state of the district?

Firstly, this b thread is about PAISD, whom I was commending for having the you know what’s to make this move.  

Secondly, there’s some things I take issues with in most school districts, including BISD (seems that you’re hellbent on discussing for some strange reason).  But there are many things I like that’s going on.  You see, you’re not going to please everyone.  Especially how the population of the city Is set up.  First off, you have the detractors.  Detractors that have NEVER voted for national or state polls, let alone the local school district trustee votes.  They don’t vote but they complain the loudest. Then you have the detractors that detract and throw little slick comments.  These are the ones that’s either grew up, lived in Beaumont and left a long time ago due to white flight (yes, it exists) or the once’s that’s never lived in Beaumont but work out here and hear their little buddies talk crap about the district so they follow suit.  When good things happen in the district, they don’t say ANYTHING.  As soon as something bad happens ( mind you bad things happen in all districts) they come out of hiding and say all kinds of nonsense.  
Now, the mention of a state takover. Real cute.  It was last taken over NOT due to academics, contrary to popular belief.

Look, I’m cool with the state of the district.  I have a son, a senior, I’m BISD.  Straight A student and will finish too 10% in his class.  He goes to BU.  No issues whatsoever for us.  He loves his teachers, administration, and friends.  He’s involved in band, NHS, National beta club, amongst others.  He’ll be attending U of H next fall.  I say this to say, I personally know hundreds of parents of kids at the schools that share my sentiments.  So, the state of the district isn’t as dire as you and other detractors make it seem.  

So, do you have issues with PAISD, Nederland ISD, or Silsbee ISD?  Want to discuss them as well?

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Firstly, this b thread is about PAISD, whom I was commending for having the you know what’s to make this move.  

Secondly, there’s some things I take issues with in most school districts, including BISD (seems that you’re hellbent on discussing for some strange reason).  But there are many things I like that’s going on.  You see, you’re not going to please everyone.  Especially how the population of the city Is set up.  First off, you have the detractors.  Detractors that have NEVER voted for national or state polls, let alone the local school district trustee votes.  They don’t vote but they complain the loudest. Then you have the detractors that detract and throw little slick comments.  These are the ones that’s either grew up, lived in Beaumont and left a long time ago due to white flight (yes, it exists) or the once’s that’s never lived in Beaumont but work out here and hear their little buddies talk crap about the district so they follow suit.  When good things happen in the district, they don’t say ANYTHING.  As soon as something bad happens ( mind you bad things happen in all districts) they come out of hiding and say all kinds of nonsense.  
Now, the mention of a state takover. Real cute.  It was last taken over NOT due to academics, contrary to popular belief.

Look, I’m cool with the state of the district.  I have a son, a senior, I’m BISD.  Straight A student and will finish too 10% in his class.  He goes to BU.  No issues whatsoever for us.  He loves his teachers, administration, and friends.  He’s involved in band, NHS, National beta club, amongst others.  He’ll be attending U of H next fall.  I say this to say, I personally know hundreds of parents of kids at the schools that share my sentiments.  So, the state of the district isn’t as dire as you and other detractors make it seem.  

So, do you have issues with PAISD, Nederland ISD, or Silsbee ISD?  Want to discuss them as well?

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Your right wrong title

1st let me say this I can’t speak on paisd, Nederland isd, or silsbee isd. I don’t know enough to speak on those districts.

are there great things happening at Bmt isd well heck yes there are. Like I mentioned there are many caring teachers, coaches, administrators, custodians, bus drivers, staff…..Role Models.

Go look at all my post and not just this thread I have commended dr Allen. I like how she ran a tight ship at Marshall and Ozen when she was principle. I have disagreed with some of her decisions since she s become a superintendent. Enough to make me re think who I thought she was based on her time at Marshall and ozen.

some of the problems the district has had she inherited. Charter schools….just came to fruition during her time.

Sincerely I do congratulate you and your son for all that he has done and the level he has reached as a father myself I encourage my kids to take the right path and apply themselves as well….A strong father presence that’s involved is the best foot forward for a kid to have success. 

saying all that doesn’t change some of the issues that are taking place that could affect a kids future(many kids) , many kids in Bmt don’t have what your son has …..A DAD.  Teachers are already hard to come by and really good teachers are even harder. Subs come one time then don’t come back. So student to teacher ratio is out of balance or a non teaching staff member is in the class. 

you and your circle of friends have kids that are doing well in school…..so maybe your not seeing all of it….and that’s not necessarily your fault. 

I never said it was taken over for academics, but let’s be honest has Bmt schools performed well as a whole? I know your son is a senior and you didn’t mention any other kids so your on your way out….so elementary and m.s are not a thought to you.

There is a shortage of teachers as well as a shortage of subs …..if you get an opportunity sign up to sub at all levels as well as special Ed…..the future generations need Role Models 

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Your right wrong title

1st let me say this I can’t speak on paisd, Nederland isd, or silsbee isd. I don’t know enough to speak on those districts.

are there great things happening at Bmt isd well heck yes there are. Like I mentioned there are many caring teachers, coaches, administrators, custodians, bus drivers, staff…..Role Models.

Go look at all my post and not just this thread I have commended dr Allen. I like how she ran a tight ship at Marshall and Ozen when she was principle. I have disagreed with some of her decisions since she s become a superintendent. Enough to make me re think who I thought she was based on her time at Marshall and ozen.

some of the problems the district has had she inherited. Charter schools….just came to fruition during her time.

Sincerely I do congratulate you and your son for all that he has done and the level he has reached as a father myself I encourage my kids to take the right path and apply themselves as well….A strong father presence that’s involved is the best foot forward for a kid to have success. 

saying all that doesn’t change some of the issues that are taking place that could affect a kids future(many kids) , many kids in Bmt don’t have what your son has …..A DAD.  Teachers are already hard to come by and really good teachers are even harder. Subs come one time then don’t come back. So student to teacher ratio is out of balance or a non teaching staff member is in the class. 

you and your circle of friends have kids that are doing well in school…..so maybe your not seeing all of it….and that’s not necessarily your fault. 

I never said it was taken over for academics, but let’s be honest has Bmt schools performed well as a whole? I know your son is a senior and you didn’t mention any other kids so your on your way out….so elementary and m.s are not a thought to you.

There is a shortage of teachers as well as a shortage of subs …..if you get an opportunity sign up to sub at all levels as well as special Ed…..the future generations need Role Models 

Thanks for the compliment.  My wife and I are hardly to blame.  He's mostly self driven and has his priorities right.  

Also, I do know other parents and kids that are in the midst of this behavioral issue.  Looking at it from the outside looking in, a majority of these issues, contrary to popular belief, begins at home.  Priorities are wrong.  Many parents are 'checking out' too early.  Kids get to high school and parents feel like they raised them this far, now it's on them.  Because 'when I was 14/15 years old, I had a whole kid and/or was basically raising myself, you should be able to do it'.  Horrible mindset, but that's how many think.  Just look on social media.  Parents ***** and complain about every little thing about the district.  'The district is frisking and patting town my kids'.  'The administration are allowing fights to happen'.   'Car pool lines are moving too slow'.  'Even though my daughter came to school with hole in her jeans and I know it's against the dress code, I'm pissed because she got suspended'.  The complaints go on and are endless.  When I have time, I'll screenshot the countless amount of crying and complaining about everything.  BUT, when the district put out a statement about what they are going to do to stop the vandalism, fights, bomb threats, and other disciplinary issues, THEN ask the parents to do their part (they gave a list of things that parents can do to help remedy the situation), all goes mute.  No one responds at all.  THIS is the problem.  You see literally no involvement in the local PTA.  Hardly any parents show up to project graduation meetings or events.  But as soon as little Johnny gets in trouble, they're at the school acting a damn fool and showing their arse.  Probably to post it to social media.  This is part of the problem.  

Personally, I commented on one of these whiney posts and I suggested that the district is ALWAYS looking for volunteers.  They'll never turn you down.  One parent (that's right, ONE) replied and asked me if I volunteered and questioned my involvement.  Even though it was non of her business, I did inform her that I was a volunteer for the last 4 years.  Needless to say, I got no reply after that.  

I say that to say this.  Most of the problems in the district is NOT the district it's self.  Not saying they are totally innocent, but these parents can make a difference.  

I'm really in the know with PAISD, and there's these same kind of problems.  Also with Silsbee ISD.  Same issues.  Districts are handling the problems the best that they can.  But for some reason, the bigger districts like PAISD and BISD seems to be in the media and in the spotlight way more than others.  Strange how that happens.  

As far as employment, yes, the turnover rate in BISD is high.  Look across at other districts.  Turnover rate is high in a lot of districts.  Don't believe me?  Go to other district websites and view the job postings.  The fact of the matter is that districts are asking teachers and employees to do extra things outside of their job description, partially due to covid or refusal to hire more employees to help ease the burden.  Or maybe the job just isn't paying enough.  BISD and PAISD pay scale is pretty much on par with every Texas district.  Or maybe the teachers (employees) have friends that are detractors and hear them say things like, 'girl, you need to get away from that hellhole.  BISD is going down hill and you need to get out while you can.  Come work in this district with me here in Tim Buck Too.  To be part of that 'flight', they make the move, then immediately start talking crap about the district.  'I'm glad I left.  Best decision I've ever made'.  

Sorry, I may be rambling, but these kinds of things be on my mind.  Sorry if I got off subject.

14 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Thanks for the compliment.  My wife and I are hardly to blame.  He's mostly self driven and has his priorities right.  

Also, I do know other parents and kids that are in the midst of this behavioral issue.  Looking at it from the outside looking in, a majority of these issues, contrary to popular belief, begins at home.  Priorities are wrong.  Many parents are 'checking out' too early.  Kids get to high school and parents feel like they raised them this far, now it's on them.  Because 'when I was 14/15 years old, I had a whole kid and/or was basically raising myself, you should be able to do it'.  Horrible mindset, but that's how many think.  Just look on social media.  Parents ***** and complain about every little thing about the district.  'The district is frisking and patting town my kids'.  'The administration are allowing fights to happen'.   'Car pool lines are moving too slow'.  'Even though my daughter came to school with hole in her jeans and I know it's against the dress code, I'm pissed because she got suspended'.  The complaints go on and are endless.  When I have time, I'll screenshot the countless amount of crying and complaining about everything.  BUT, when the district put out a statement about what they are going to do to stop the vandalism, fights, bomb threats, and other disciplinary issues, THEN ask the parents to do their part (they gave a list of things that parents can do to help remedy the situation), all goes mute.  No one responds at all.  THIS is the problem.  You see literally no involvement in the local PTA.  Hardly any parents show up to project graduation meetings or events.  But as soon as little Johnny gets in trouble, they're at the school acting a damn fool and showing their arse.  Probably to post it to social media.  This is part of the problem.  

Personally, I commented on one of these whiney posts and I suggested that the district is ALWAYS looking for volunteers.  They'll never turn you down.  One parent (that's right, ONE) replied and asked me if I volunteered and questioned my involvement.  Even though it was non of her business, I did inform her that I was a volunteer for the last 4 years.  Needless to say, I got no reply after that.  

I say that to say this.  Most of the problems in the district is NOT the district it's self.  Not saying they are totally innocent, but these parents can make a difference.  

I'm really in the know with PAISD, and there's these same kind of problems.  Also with Silsbee ISD.  Same issues.  Districts are handling the problems the best that they can.  But for some reason, the bigger districts like PAISD and BISD seems to be in the media and in the spotlight way more than others.  Strange how that happens.  

As far as employment, yes, the turnover rate in BISD is high.  Look across at other districts.  Turnover rate is high in a lot of districts.  Don't believe me?  Go to other district websites and view the job postings.  The fact of the matter is that districts are asking teachers and employees to do extra things outside of their job description, partially due to covid or refusal to hire more employees to help ease the burden.  Or maybe the job just isn't paying enough.  BISD and PAISD pay scale is pretty much on par with every Texas district.  Or maybe the teachers (employees) have friends that are detractors and hear them say things like, 'girl, you need to get away from that hellhole.  BISD is going down hill and you need to get out while you can.  Come work in this district with me here in Tim Buck Too.  To be part of that 'flight', they make the move, then immediately start talking crap about the district.  'I'm glad I left.  Best decision I've ever made'.  

Sorry, I may be rambling, but these kinds of things be on my mind.  Sorry if I got off subject.

Your spot on

parents are the key. I call them out bluntly face to face…but more times than not they make make some excuse. 

59 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Good Post !  As the old saying goes " If You Are Part Of The Solution You Are Part Of The Problem"

The mask mandates in PAISD, BISD, and WOS are comparable to the Kountze ISD issue with the cheerleaders putting scriptures on banners that the football team ran through.  They're forced to make a decision that is guaranteed to infuriate a large portion of the population... no matter which decision is made.  

If you believe that Kountze ISD had the right to allow scriptures on banners in direct opposition to established law, then you also have to believe that PAISD/BISD has the right to enforce a mask mandate.

My opinion?  The masks are probably a good idea for kids who really can't socially distance in a learning environment, but particularly when infections are on the increase.  They should probably be easing their restrictions now based on the decrease in cases.  I also find it remarkable that, once again, you can point out demographics and likely political views as the main reason for the mandates. 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

The mask mandates in PAISD, BISD, and WOS are comparable to the Kountze ISD issue with the cheerleaders putting scriptures on banners that the football team ran through.  They're forced to make a decision that is guaranteed to infuriate a large portion of the population... no matter which decision is made.  

If you believe that Kountze ISD had the right to allow scriptures on banners in direct opposition to established law, then you also have to believe that PAISD/BISD has the right to enforce a mask mandate.

My opinion?  The masks are probably a good idea for kids who really can't socially distance in a learning environment, but particularly when infections are on the increase.  They should probably be easing their restrictions now based on the decrease in cases.  I also find it remarkable that, once again, you can point out demographics and likely political views as the main reason for the mandates. 

So I take it the can of worms has been open to allow all sorts of things to take place

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's a whole lot better point than most on here are going to be willing to admit.  

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

That's a whole lot better point than most on here are going to be willing to admit.  

It kind of is but…

I think the cheerleaders are on the wrong side of a Supreme Court ruling that has been made already. While seeing football players going through a sign does not convert you to being a Christian or any other religion, a person not wearing a mask might cause you to a serious illness or death. 

While the premise might be the same that if it’s OK to break one law,  it’s OK to break another, what is the effect on other people? Under Texas law, a person who trespasses but does not cause an injury is a criminal and so is the person  that commits a murder during an arm robbery. There is hardly a comparison however. 

It is kind of a strawman argument.

I do get the comparison though. If you were one of the people they complain about a mask order around the governor’s directive yet support some cheerleaders that appear to have violated the United States Supreme Court decision, seems hypocritical. It is kind of like the people that are for the right to have an abortion at any stage yet against the death penalty. It is kind of illogic. 

Just now, tvc184 said:

It kind of is but…

I think the cheerleaders are on the wrong side of a Supreme Court ruling that has been made already. While seeing football players going through a sign does not convert you to being a Christian or any other religion, a person not wearing a mask might cause you to a serious illness or death. 

While the premise might be the same that if it’s OK to break one law,  it’s OK to break another, what is the effect on other people? Under Texas law, a person who trespasses but does not cause an injury is a criminal and so is the person  that commits a murder during an arm robbery. There is hardly a comparison however. 

It is kind of a strawman argument.

I do get the comparison though. If you were one of the people they complain about a mask order around the governor’s directive yet support some cheerleaders that appear to have violated the United States Supreme Court decision, seems hypocritical. It is kind of like the people that are for the right to have an abortion at any stage yet against the death penalty. It is kind of illogic. 

Yeah, my main takeaway is that people’s willingness to go along with bucking authority (or propensity to criticize those doing so) is generally pretty whimsical based on their own personal beliefs.  

13 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Yeah, my main takeaway is that people’s willingness to go along with bucking authority (or propensity to criticize those doing so) is generally pretty whimsical based on their own personal beliefs.  

That’s why I put my closing statement about understanding the comparison. I suspect that if it was a bunch of Muslim cheerleaders and they had scripture from the Quran, the support would not be as much, if at all.  

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Them dang whimsical Christian beliefs.  Those same fools won’t give up on that abortion thing either.

On 10/29/2021 at 7:47 PM, tvc184 said:

That’s why I put my closing statement about understanding the comparison. I suspect that if it was a bunch of Muslim cheerleaders and they had scripture from the Quran, the support would not be as much, if at all.  

Plus I think the Muslim cheerleaders are really limited by their uniforms. 

11 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

There s a higher standard 

Sad that so many consider the SC to be that higher standard.

As far as the whimsical beliefs that this nation was founded upon, I wonder if these folks making this argument would be ok with removing "In God We Trust" from everything, letting someone swear upon the book of their choosing in a courtroom, removing the Ten Commandments and anything referring to God from all gov property?  God used to permeate our society, even in schools.  We remove Him from more and more areas of our life and then wonder why other bad elements are filling the vacuum. 

But hey, let's make some high school cheerleaders writing Scripture on some banners the problem.

smh

• tvc184 changed the title to P.a. Isd requiring mask and the Bible in public schools