CFB Recruiting

17 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wonder what brought this on.........

------------------------------------

Speaking in Birmingham tonight, Nick Saban called out Jimbo Fisher and Texas A&M for their NIL recruiting methods. 

The Alabama head coach said the Aggies bought every player on their team with NIL deals this past recruiting cycle.

More HERE:

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please

I mean, he's not wrong.  And with the whole weird Aggie network situation there's never going to be a shortage of people willing to help pay for them.  I really don't like the direction the sport is going.  They need to put a cap on what a player can make or you're just going to have bidding wars for every player.  

Jimbo IS right and Saban did come off as a whiny little b_____.   I saw Bryce Anderson’s dad talk about it on Facebook as being the perfect storm with LSU firing Coach O, Riley leaving Ou, and Texas having a dismal first year under Sark.  He’s not wrong.  But A&M also was better organized and ahead of the curve with the NIL stuff.  Don’t hate the player, Nick, hate the game.  And the same money that has made you fat and sassy all these years is finally getting spread among the players.  You whining about it is a bad look with future recruits.  

5 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Jimbo IS right and Saban did come off as a whiny little b_____.   I saw Bryce Anderson’s dad talk about it on Facebook as being the perfect storm with LSU firing Coach O, Riley leaving Ou, and Texas having a dismal first year under Sark.  He’s not wrong.  But A&M also was better organized and ahead of the curve with the NIL stuff.  Don’t hate the player, Nick, hate the game.  And the same money that has made you fat and sassy all these years is finally getting spread among the players.  You whining about it is a bad look with future recruits.  

Saban did the same whining and crying when Chip Kelly perfected the Uptempo Offense, what a coincidence years later Saban hires OCs who could run the same offensive scheme when and if need be. 

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Saban knows Bama can’t compete money wise with Texas or A&M.  With gas at $5 a gallon that money will only get bigger.  

On 5/19/2022 at 3:52 PM, PhatMack19 said:

Saban knows Bama can’t compete money wise with Texas or A&M.  With gas at $5 a gallon that money will only get bigger.  

I agree

And Nick knows that, and if NIL doesn't get rules in place its only a matter of time before Texas boosters stop being so "uppity" thinking they can get anyone because they're "Texas" and start playing the game...If that happens a Texas vs Tx A&M championship is not a matter of if but when or a string of NCAA Championships all from Two schools lol in the same state

J/P Lol . . . . . . or am I

• 5 months later...
On 11/7/2022 at 3:17 PM, BEARCPA said:

5-star LB from Denton, Anthony Hill Jr, has decommitted from TAMU.

Would be the second year in a row A&M held a commitment from the #1 LB in the nation and then lost him (LSU’s Harold Perkins being the other).  Reminds me of that Seinfeld scene re: taking a reservation vs holding a reservation…

• 2 weeks later...

Five years or so ago, before I retired, I was given a dps regular truck an told to go work in Bryan Texas for a week. That office was no where near as busy as my office in Houston, so I was working but also conversing.  I talked to some strong Tx A&M alumni.  I mentioned coach Kevin Sumlin just to seee the reaction.  Sumlin was in limbo then.  You could sense it was a matter of time before he would be gone. I felt that he, Charley Strong and the UT basketball coach got their jobs on the coattails of prez Obama. I don't have a picture posted but those that know me know I am African American. 

I am not trying to go political with this, just giving background.  The TX A&M alumni were all adamant they wanted Sumlin out and replaced by someone better. Sumlin went on to bomb at Arizona, but that's a whole nother Oprah Winfrey show.  Needless to say neither I nor the alums I talked to foresaw the fiasco in A&M football that happening right now.

On 11/22/2022 at 11:49 AM, Kountzer said:

Five years or so ago, before I retired, I was given a dps regular truck an told to go work in Bryan Texas for a week. That office was no where near as busy as my office in Houston, so I was working but also conversing.  I talked to some strong Tx A&M alumni.  I mentioned coach Kevin Sumlin just to seee the reaction.  Sumlin was in limbo then.  You could sense it was a matter of time before he would be gone. I felt that he, Charley Strong and the UT basketball coach got their jobs on the coattails of prez Obama. I don't have a picture posted but those that know me know I am African American. 

I am not trying to go political with this, just giving background.  The TX A&M alumni were all adamant they wanted Sumlin out and replaced by someone better. Sumlin went on to bomb at Arizona, but that's a whole nother Oprah Winfrey show.  Needless to say neither I nor the alums I talked to foresaw the fiasco in A&M football that happening right now.

It really is crazy how quickly things can go south.