Chaos at Afghanistan's Kabul airport as Taliban take over country

LumRaiderFan

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Bush never speaks about actions of Presidents that followed him...I guess this last move was too much.

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

Last month, the former president told Deutsche Welle that a troop withdrawal would have tremendous consequences in the country, especially for women and girls.

"This is a mistake," Bush said. "They’re just going to be left behind to be slaughtered by these very brutal people, and it breaks my heart." 

Some people are smart enough to have insight. Biden was wrong on all counts. Even went against his military advisors, then blamed Trump. Lmao

From the article:  "'The buck stops with me', says Biden but then proceeds to blame Afghan fiasco on Trump and locals who failed to fight the Taliban before staking $500M in aid to refugees then fleeing back to Camp David!"  Typical mentally ill liberal -- blaming everybody else!  

19 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I think it’s plenty of blame to go around from bush Obama trump and Biden. 

Other then that, what was we doing the last 20 years we spent all that money lost 1000+ soldiers and they took it like nothing. I’m just curious what was the game plan.

When you realize that those guys have been at each others' throats since the time of Alexander the Great it adds a little perspective.  I definitely can't claim to have the answers, but I'm certain that a nuclear device is NOT a good idea. I CAN state with almost certainty that we haven't lost a single troop in Afghanistan in over 18 months.  It wasn't much of a war, if you catch my drift.  Our presence in Korea, Japan, and even Afghanistan has kept the "bad guys" in check.  But once we pull out, there isn't anybody left to keep the "bad guys" (in this case, the TaliBiden) from overrunning the country.  While I place a TON of the blame on Afghans who were unwilling to fight the Taliban, I also recognize that without our support, they wouldn't be able to win against the TaliBiden.

I disagreed with Trump's push to leave the Afghanistan just for the sake of leaving, and I totally disagreed with Biden's abandonment of our allies, many of whom now face certain, horrific death.  

55 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

When you realize that those guys have been at each others' throats since the time of Alexander the Great it adds a little perspective.  I definitely can't claim to have the answers, but I'm certain that a nuclear device is NOT a good idea. I CAN state with almost certainty that we haven't lost a single troop in Afghanistan in over 18 months.  It wasn't much of a war, if you catch my drift.  Our presence in Korea, Japan, and even Afghanistan has kept the "bad guys" in check.  But once we pull out, there isn't anybody left to keep the "bad guys" (in this case, the TaliBiden) from overrunning the country.  While I place a TON of the blame on Afghans who were unwilling to fight the Taliban, I also recognize that without our support, they wouldn't be able to win against the TaliBiden.

I disagreed with Trump's push to leave the Afghanistan just for the sake of leaving, and I totally disagreed with Biden's abandonment of our allies, many of whom now face certain, horrific death.  

But do we keep our troops there forever. At some point America has to realize that it’s nothing we can do to change aspects culture beliefs in the world. We spent 20 years trying to set up a government train troops and guys with aks took it swift and easily. What was we doing for 20 years. Obviously nothing it’s embarrassing 20 years and nothing to show.

39 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

But do we keep our troops there forever. At some point America has to realize that it’s nothing we can do to change aspects culture beliefs in the world. We spent 20 years trying to set up a government train troops and guys with aks took it swift and easily. What was we doing for 20 years. Obviously nothing it’s embarrassing 20 years and nothing to show.

We kept terrorists at bay with our occupation of Afghanistan. I know, the left doesn’t want to believe it, but Obama had eight years to leave had he wanted. Maybe he thought Bush’s policies and strategy were leading to Bin Laden. Only he knows, but if the left disagree with us being there at all, why didn’t Obama retreat? You will begin to see terrorist attacks on our soil in the coming years. Slaughters at night clubs, sporting events, restaurants…..the killing of innocent Americans by these muslims, who hate anyone who don’t believe like they do……yet Christians are bad people. Between the hispanic drug cartels and the muslim extremists, unarmed Americans are fair game…..myself not being one of those.

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

We've been guarding South Korea since the mid 1950s.... and it's kept those guys in North Korea off of our friends in South Korea.

It wasn't our 3000 or so troops on the ground there in Afghanistan that kept the Muslim Extremists in their caves.  It was the assurance that IF they tried anything, we'd put Mother Green (The Killing Machine) on 'em.  Once that assurance was gone because of our "exit the theater at any cost" strategy was apparent, the Taliban just moved into the power vacuum left by our departure.  

You might be too young to remember, but in the 2016 election everybody on the left was screaming that Trump was going to have us in wars all over the globe in a matter of days.  It never happened, and it was because the rest of the planet was convinced that Trump wouldn't hesitate unleash the hounds on anyone who threatened us or ours.  What I think you're seeing now is the manifestation of the belief that the US (under Biden) doesn't have the stomach for conflict... that we truly believe that "climate change" is the real enemy.... that and oppression of our own minorities.  The fear is that the Taliban aren't the only one of our enemies that will recognize and exploit the soft underbelly that Biden has exposed to the world.  It'll be interesting to see what this means for our friends in Taiwan, Israel, South Korea, etc.... The EU is concerned that Muslim Extremists outside of Afghanistan will be encouraged by the relative ease with which they were able to take over Afghanistan and continue their obligation under the Koran to kill or subjugate every non-Muslim on the planet.  Because that is what they are obligated to do, regardless of what the media would have you believe about the "religion of peace."

You might have forgotten the "Summer of Isis" from a couple of years ago.  A lot of people are expecting something similar to occur after this debacle in Afghanistan. 

1 hour ago, baddog said:

We kept terrorists at bay with our occupation of Afghanistan. I know, the left doesn’t want to believe it, but Obama had eight years to leave had he wanted. Maybe he thought Bush’s policies and strategy were leading to Bin Laden. Only he knows, but if the left disagree with us being there at all, why didn’t Obama retreat? You will begin to see terrorist attacks on our soil in the coming years. Slaughters at night clubs, sporting events, restaurants…..the killing of innocent Americans by these muslims, who hate anyone who don’t believe like they do……yet Christians are bad people. Between the hispanic drug cartels and the muslim extremists, unarmed Americans are fair game…..myself not being one of those.

No doubt about it. You would think we would have learned from the wimpy leadership of Bill Clinton.

16 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

No doubt about it. You would think we would have learned from the wimpy leadership of Bill Clinton.

We never learn. The Taliban leader was released from GITMO by……wait for it…..OBAMA

I’m sure everyone has seen the same clips over and over of the people trying to leave. My question is WHERE ARE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN?

1 hour ago, baddog said:

We never learn. The Taliban leader was released from GITMO by……wait for it…..OBAMA

I’m sure everyone has seen the same clips over and over of the people trying to leave. My question is WHERE ARE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN?

He's posting on Twitter while Trump is in Twitter jail, pathetic.

On 8/16/2021 at 1:32 PM, baddog said:

They also kill/behead children, but what do you care? I think several breeds of dogs rank higher than muslim pos.

Trump took credit for ending the "war" in Afghanistan. Didnt he release several Taliban members. I have the video, but I dont know how to post it.

17 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Trump took credit for ending the "war" in Afghanistan. Didnt he release several Taliban members. I have the video, but I dont know how to post it.

I knew you would take up for your boy Obama. You never fail in my predictions. Post the video. I would love to see what parts you skipped over.

2 minutes ago, Big girl said:

From your own article: "President Biden owns this mess — the blood is on his hands," Inhofe said in 

. "President Biden did not inherit the current withdrawal from President Trump — in fact, he has deviated from the previous administration's plan and set his own disastrous course."

7 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I think it’s plenty of blame to go around from bush Obama trump and Biden. 

Other then that, what was we doing the last 20 years we spent all that money lost 1000+ soldiers and they took it like nothing. I’m just curious what was the game plan.

The blame for this mess falls squarely on Biden, no one else.

You can argue about whether or not we should still be there (we definitely needed to go in) but this is 100% owned by the old fool.

9 hours ago, baddog said:

From your own article: "President Biden owns this mess — the blood is on his hands," Inhofe said in 

. "President Biden did not inherit the current withdrawal from President Trump — in fact, he has deviated from the previous administration's plan and set his own disastrous course."

More proof she is a clueless idiot.  Her own article buries her!!!

15 hours ago, baddog said:

Republicans blame Biden for the US's chaotic withdrawal but are glossing over how Trump's Taliban deal set up the disaster

and 

Aug 16, 2021, 4:03 PM

Mitch McConnell
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.  AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite, File

• A number of GOP lawmakers slammed Biden's handling of the US withdrawal from Afghanistan.
  • McConnell said Biden was to blame for Taliban forces taking over the country.
  • The deal to remove US troops from the country was negotiated under Trump.
10 Things in Politics: The latest in politics & the economy
Email address

By clicking ‘Sign up’, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider as well as other partner offers and accept our 
 and 

A number of congressional Republicans are criticizing President Joe Biden's handling of the US military withdrawal from Afghanistan amid desperate scenes of Afghans scrambling to get on airplanes out of the country.

Yet the decision to leave the country was originally negotiated under President Donald Trump and allowed the Taliban to strengthen their position against the US-backed government — a circumstance most Republicans skirted around in their criticism.

5 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

More proof she is a clueless idiot.  Her own article buries her!!!

Republicans blame Biden for the US's chaotic withdrawal but are glossing over how Trump's Taliban deal set up the disaster

and 

Aug 16, 2021, 4:03 PM

Mitch McConnell
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.  AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite, File

• A number of GOP lawmakers slammed Biden's handling of the US withdrawal from Afghanistan.
  • McConnell said Biden was to blame for Taliban forces taking over the country.
  • The deal to remove US troops from the country was negotiated under Trump.
10 Things in Politics: The latest in politics & the economy
Email address

By clicking ‘Sign up’, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider as well as other partner offers and accept our 
 and 

This is what the article said. What he posted is what some Repbublican idiot was quoted as saying.

A number of congressional Republicans are criticizing President Joe Biden's handling of the US military withdrawal from Afghanistan amid desperate scenes of Afghans scrambling to get on airplanes out of the country.

Yet the decision to leave the country was originally negotiated under President Donald Trump and allowed the Taliban to strengthen their position against the US-backed government — a circumstance most Republicans skirted around in their criticism.