Who you think that's going take the top spot for district in southeast Texas

Stangfan#1

21 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

There’s another 5A district and a 6a district.  What’s your thoughts on that?

North Shore has lost one district game the last 6 years, even if you think they're going to take a step back do you really pick against them? Atascocita would be the logical pick but they once again showed if it's not 2017 they can't play defense. That was not a good loss to Ridge Point last year. 

As far as the other district you probably have to go with PAM since they're the only team that didn't lose their first round game by at least 40 points. 

27 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

North Shore has lost one district game the last 6 years, even if you think they're going to take a step back do you really pick against them? Atascocita would be the logical pick but they once again showed if it's not 2017 they can't play defense. That was not a good loss to Ridge Point last year. 

As far as the other district you probably have to go with PAM since they're the only team that didn't lose their first round game by at least 40 points. 

That would’ve been my obvious pick, but I wanted to know his views on it since he Mae the post but omitted my aforementioned districts.

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Atascocita has a lot of potential this year. A whole lot. But until they beat out North Shore, NS clearly owns the district. NS could very well win State if they can settle on the offensive personnel. Their D is totally legit.  

14 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

@Stangfan#1 , thoughts?

Crickets. 

Anyway, for two clear choices:

9-5A D1: MHS Titans

21-6A: North Shore 

What a coincidence those 2, old "friends" 😁 

------------------------------------------------

8-5A D1: Magnolia

12-5A D2: toss-up 

10-4A D1: Huffman 

10-4A D2: Carthage

11-4A D2: WOS 

9-3A D1: taking the underdog, pun intended- Crockett 

10-3A D1: East Chambers 

12-3A D2: Newton 

10-2A D1: Timpson 

11-2A D2: Tenaha 

12-2A D2: Hull-Daisetta 

13-1A D2: Calvert 

TAPPS: I don't pay attention enough to know

Guest mrtomcat
9 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Crickets. 

Honestly, I think Woodville takes 10-3A D1 this year.

12 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Crickets. 

Man, why don't you just pick Nederland for 12-5A-D2 and get it over with? No need for a toss-up. We've lost everything and this will be a rebuilding year for Crosby. 

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, why don't you just pick Nederland for 12-5A-D2 and get it over with? No need for a toss-up. We've lost everything and this will be a rebuilding year for Crosby. 

Because I believe it will be a toss-up. What are your predictions for each coverage area district champion? 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Because I believe it will be a toss-up. What are your predictions for each coverage area district champion? 

Working DFW 6A's right now. I would have to get back to you on that. I have decided I'm going with Duncanville over the Katy/Westlake winner in the D1 title game though. 

On 8/17/2021 at 11:02 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Crickets. 

I got College Station taking 8-5A D1. They get Magnolia at home this year.

6 hours ago, Daytonfan2010 said:

You forgot about Dayton man. Did you miss me?

Yes, I miss the hell out of y’all🥰 Please get better soon. In case you haven’t heard, these Crosby kids now think Barbers Hill is their rival? They don’t remember the feeling you got in your stomach two weeks before the Dayton/Crosby game was actually even on the schedule. 

I have a real worry that if Dayton doesn’t get better before Crosby moves to 5A-D1 the game might fall completely off the schedule. Hopefully we could keep it going like a Sherman/Dennison thing but if you look at the way Crosby has been scheduling in the non-district for the last while, I’m not sure? 

11 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

So you expect it to be a toss-up between Barbers Hill, PNG, Nederland, Crosby and Texas City for DC? 

Not after looking at this picture of what I believe is the Crosby defense in a Facebook group im in, that look like 6A kids. Them dudes is huge. I'll take Crosby winning it then a toss-up for 2nd place. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Not after looking at this picture of what I believe is the Crosby defense in a Facebook group im in, that look like 6A kids. Them dudes is huge. I'll take Crosby winning it then a toss-up for 2nd place. 

Crosby already used to get backup caliber players from down the road in North Shore. We did lose a starting rb to CE King in ‘18 but for the most part Crosby is starting to get starters from King, Summer Creek, Channelview and of course our farm league in Baytown.  Lol, might have something to do with your opinion of that picture. 

All bs aside, if you’re a parent moving into northeast Harris County right now with a male athlete and you don’t want to live in the city(North Shore), Crosby and Atascocita are probably your two options. I have a new boss at work that helped me validate this hypothesis. 

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby already used to get backup caliber players from down the road in North Shore. We did lose a starting rb to CE King in ‘18 but for the most part Crosby is starting to get starters from King, Summer Creek, Channelview and of course our farm league in Baytown.  Lol, might have something to do with your opinion of that picture. 

All bs aside, if you’re a parent moving into northeast Harris County right now with a male athlete and you don’t want to live in the city(North Shore), Crosby and Atascocita are probably your two options. I have a new boss at work that helped me validate this hypothesis

I agree. 

50 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wait until you see them run though? I will admit that the relay team is a year away but the football team might be a year ahead, mainly because of the defense. New DC looks like the real deal, fully expect him to have a HC job if we have a couple “plus” seasons under him. 

On the coaching side another thing that doesn’t get mentioned for Crosby’s recent success: the last five years Crosby has had six current head coaches on their sideline.

Jerry Prieto - current 

Jeff Riordan - Crosby/Chapel Hill 

Coach Mann - Lubbock Coronado 

Coach Tarr - La Porte 

Coach Garcia - Falfurias 

Coach Coker - Rains 

17 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yes, I miss the hell out of y’all🥰 Please get better soon. In case you haven’t heard, these Crosby kids now think Barbers Hill is their rival? They don’t remember the feeling you got in your stomach two weeks before the Dayton/Crosby game was actually even on the schedule. 

I have a real worry that if Dayton doesn’t get better before Crosby moves to 5A-D1 the game might fall completely off the schedule. Hopefully we could keep it going like a Sherman/Dennison thing but if you look at the way Crosby has been scheduling in the non-district for the last while, I’m not sure? 

Hopefully we can get something going with the head coach we have now. Just going to have to wait and see. I think some of the freshman that are on varsity this year will help out. But as far as where we will place I’m not saying much until I see them play a couple of games first. Dayton has some talent I just hope they put the pieces in the right spot.