WOS VS PNG Scrimmage

Stangfan#1

15 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

How are the scores being made through the air or on the ground?

Zeigler caught one and ran one in. Judge ran a jet sweep in.but defensive yung LBS will have to grow up quick.blew a few plays that led to scores.

As a neutral, 3rd party observer I will say this...WO-S didn't beat anybody by 28 or 35... And I wouldn't discount my a school's great program by blaming officiating in a scrimmage. IMO, PN-G will need physicality and tackling work on D. WO-S definitely has some O talent but D needs work, especially in the Secondary. I really enjoyed Ziegler's hard running and Judge's speed. PN-G moved the ball pretty well against the Mustang D. In the end, it's a scrimmage and it exposes the areas you need to focus on, moving forward. Happy to see a good match up and no injuries for both sides.

4 hours ago, One4All said:

Looks like a 1st scrimmage Offense(QB) to me 

He made mistakes with the 3 fumbled snaps.but at the same time this kids throws better than anything we had in the past 2yrs and will get better as the season goes on.and he is better than most thought.he is playing with kids that he hasn't even heard of.and there chemistry will get better as the season goes on.i didn't think they would be this far along to say they only been together a few months.

24 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

As a neutral, 3rd party observer I will say this...WO-S didn't beat anybody by 28 or 35... And I wouldn't discount my a school's great program by blaming officiating in a scrimmage. IMO, PN-G will need physicality and tackling work on D. WO-S definitely has some O talent but D needs work, especially in the Secondary. I really enjoyed Ziegler's hard running and Judge's speed. PN-G moved the ball pretty well against the Mustang D. In the end, it's a scrimmage and it exposes the areas you need to focus on, moving forward. Happy to see a good match up and no injuries for both sides.

Secondary didn't play all that bad.png had a couple outstanding catches.besides the 2 blown coverage with a couple new kids I thought they were fine.the yung LBS has to grow up real quick.they didn't read well at all early on.and was out of position alot. But got better as the scrimmage went along.

It went about like I figured it would. Offense ahead of the D at this point. "Blown coverages" means the secondary "needs work" just fyi. 🤣 

I like seeing the quick passes in space and letting our athletes be athletes. The new QB has a quick release with accuracy which is vital for those type of plays to work and has been missing the last few yrs. Downfield passing will have to get better, but I believe that will come. If we can spread the ball around like that we'll be hard to deal with.

Not that worried about the defense. The PNG offense is pretty dynamic and is a tough assignment for a young D. You know they'll be where they need to be when it matters. T and Pierce will get the pieces in place. 

Thought it was a good dress rehearsal for both.

7 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

It went about like I figured it would. Offense ahead of the D at this point. "Blown coverages" means the secondary "needs work" just fyi. 🤣 

I like seeing the quick passes in space and letting our athletes be athletes. The new QB has a quick release with accuracy which is vital for those type of plays to work and has been missing the last few yrs. Downfield passing will have to get better, but I believe that will come. If we can spread the ball around like that we'll be hard to deal with.

Not that worried about the defense. The PNG offense is pretty dynamic and is a tough assignment for a young D. You know they'll be where they need to be when it matters. T and Pierce will get the pieces in place. 

Thought it was a good dress rehearsal for both.

Will WOS struggle vs the Slot T? That’s what I’m looking for lmao jk good luck on yalls season!

34 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Will WOS struggle vs the Slot T? That’s what I’m looking for lmao jk good luck on yalls season!

No. Dline is gud.the lbs with time has to get better.and they will.the offense will put up points with this new QB.as long as they spead it around.and once again the corners to say that they are new played well.shaw and Keon looked gud.kids from png made some outstanding catches.even the backup corners didn't play to bad.