ANYTIME FITNESS - LUMBERTON, TX

thetragichippy

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT 

Always read the fine print when signing a contract. I took over my Son's Anytime Fitness contract in LUMBERTON when he moved off to college.  He had signed a 24 month contract, and when I called to verify end of contract, they told me I had 6 months left and gave me the exact date.  What they DID NOT tell me is their contracts "auto-renew", and they require 30 days notice to cancel your already expired contract.

I am 2 days into my 30 days and they are making me pay another month.....It's only $39, but I'm a principle guy.  I hate when managers say they can't waive a charge, when they really mean THEY WON'T...... 

Let's not forget all those COVID months that were auto-deducted when they were closed.......I understand that was not their fault, but it certainly was not mine. 

So, proceed with caution and I would not recommend Anytime Fitness Lumberton......Not so much for the trickery on the auto-renew.....but for the Manager that looked me in the eyes and told me she CAN'T......when I know she can..... 

7 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT 

Always read the fine print when signing a contract. I took over my Son's Anytime Fitness contract in LUMBERTON when he moved off to college.  He had signed a 24 month contract, and when I called to verify end of contract, they told me I had 6 months left and gave me the exact date.  What they DID NOT tell me is their contracts "auto-renew", and they require 30 days notice to cancel your already expired contract.

I am 2 days into my 30 days and they are making me pay another month.....It's only $39, but I'm a principle guy.  I hate when managers say they can't waive a charge, when they really mean THEY WON'T...... 

Let's not forget all those COVID months that were auto-deducted when they were closed.......I understand that was not their fault, but it certainly was not mine. 

So, proceed with caution and I would not recommend Anytime Fitness Lumberton......Not so much for the trickery on the auto-renew.....but for the Manager that looked me in the eyes and told me she CAN'T......when I know she can..... 

Noted. Thx.