Which Vaccine Did You Take?

InMAGAWeTrust

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

No, not selfish at all...some aren't taking the vaccine because there is no research (proportional to other drugs) behind it.  I choose to self isolate and have not had the vaccine AND have not had covid.  To feel you have the authority to tell someone to take a vaccine that is unproven is selfish.

By the way, the ridiculous painters masks don't work either.

🤦🏾 

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

No, not selfish at all...some aren't taking the vaccine because there is no research (proportional to other drugs) behind it.  I choose to self isolate and have not had the vaccine AND have not had covid.  To feel you have the authority to tell someone to take a vaccine that is unproven is selfish.

So that means you're pro-choice then, right?

3 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

So you feel like you have the right to tell a woman what she can or can't do with her body, but no one has the right tell you to get vaccinated or wear a mask. How do you rationalize that?

I don't have a right to tell anyone anything, never have felt that way.  There are some lifestyles and actions I disagree with based on my beliefs but never have felt I have a right to impose them on anyone.  Me not getting vaccinated only affects me, the spread will continue and folks will continue to get covid, both vaccinated and unvaccinated.  there are plenty of experts (doctors and scientists, not politicians) that back that up.  Why do you think we deal with the plain old flu year after year, it will never go away.

27 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I don't have a right to tell anyone anything, never have felt that way.  There are some lifestyles and actions I disagree with based on my beliefs but never have felt I have a right to impose them on anyone.  Me not getting vaccinated only affects me, the spread will continue and folks will continue to get covid, both vaccinated and unvaccinated.  there are plenty of experts (doctors and scientists, not politicians) that back that up.  Why do you think we deal with the plain old flu year after year, it will never go away.

Lol, Plain old flu. That’s a good one. Kills 10s of thousands every year, but those are acceptable losses. Funny how, if I refuse a flu vaccine, no one says a thing. Guess it’s ok to be a spreader. Must depend on control power. Also funny is how people who believe women have the right to do with their bodies as they please with total disregard to human life also think I should get vaccinated to save human life. Where is that justification? Do they shed a tear when someone in their family has a miscarriage? If so, why? Can’t seem to get an answer to that one. Must have some grit to it.

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This is not the political forum and my following comment is political, but I feel the need to tell my opinion. Folks that AREN’T getting any vaccines are very selfish people.

Although I don’t necessarily agree with your comment, you’re well within your right to express your opinion. Not political either. I think it’s personal choice. I was actually vaccinated, but I think those that don’t want to shouldn’t do it. My pregnant daughter who is otherwise young and healthy isn’t getting one. I stand behind her decision. My father in law who has health issues got it. Good for him. My co-worker who has had Covid within the last 5 weeks isn’t getting the shot as of today. Makes sense to me. The people that don’t get vaccinated aren’t hurting the ones who were vaccinated already. I don’t see an issue. 

36 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Although I don’t necessarily agree with your comment, you’re well within your right to express your opinion. Not political either. I think it’s personal choice. I was actually vaccinated, but I think those that don’t want to shouldn’t do it. My pregnant daughter who is otherwise young and healthy isn’t getting one. I stand behind her decision. My father in law who has health issues got it. Good for him. My co-worker who has had Covid within the last 5 weeks isn’t getting the shot as of today. Makes sense to me. The people that don’t get vaccinated aren’t hurting the ones who were vaccinated already. I don’t see an issue. 

IMHO, I think many anti-vaxxers are just ignorant to the facts  sent out by Dr. Faucci and CDC.  I have a sister who was pregnant in the heart of this pandemic and refused to get the vaccine (she has a medical degree) even thought there were cases where the vaccine did translate to the unborn baby. Personally, I think it was a pretty asinine decision (I’ve told her that on many occasions), but she’s my sister and I love her.  And I respect her decision.  Just don’t agree with it…

41 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

IMHO, I think many anti-vaxxers are just ignorant to the facts  sent out by Dr. Faucci and CDC.  I have a sister who was pregnant in the heart of this pandemic and refused to get the vaccine (she has a medical degree) even thought there were cases where the vaccine did translate to the unborn baby. Personally, I think it was a pretty asinine decision (I’ve told her that on many occasions), but she’s my sister and I love her.  And I respect her decision.  Just don’t agree with it…

You would have to be specific on which "facts" from Faucci you are referring to, he's been all over the place and to follow this guy's advice would be ignorant of real facts.  By the way, personally, I am no anti-vaxxer, I have had plenty, but all the others I have had were proven with years of testing.  I feel the same as Smashmouth, folks should make their own decision and not worry about others.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Let me ask your opinion, because I still haven’t figured this one out.

1. Why is there such a disparity in black Americans getting vaccinated?

2. Why are white Republicans one the largest, if not the largest demographic of unvaccinated?

9 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Only the N95 mask fitted by a professional is what everyone should wear, if you choose to wear a mask.  The others create a false sense of security.

34 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Let me ask your opinion, because I still haven’t figured this one out.

1. Why is there such a disparity in black Americans getting vaccinated?

2. Why are white Republicans one the largest, if not the largest demographic of unvaccinated?

I hear what you’re  saying, but is there data to support this?  

But to answer those question, I’d have to get REAL deep.  And it goes beyond this virus.  

42 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But to answer those question, I’d have to get REAL deep.  And it goes beyond this virus.  

"but is there data to support this?" Why yes there is, Actually Asians have the highest with blacks last. 

Next question...image.png.eaf52c7d8e61ab9614eee51d7c1dd5ce.png

Overall, across these 40 states, the percent of White people who have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose (49%) was roughly 1.3 times higher than the rate for Black people (38%) and 1.1 times higher than the rate for Hispanic people (43%) as of August 2, 2021. 

image.png.eaf52c7d8e61ab9614eee51d7c1dd5ce.png

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I wasn’t really trying to say anything. It was an actual question. My thoughts are that it’s somewhat political along with a lack of trust of government from both groups. Just my opinion. 

20 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I wasn’t really trying to say anything. It was an actual question. My thoughts are that it’s somewhat political along with a lack of trust of government from both groups. Just my opinion. 

It’s definitely political.  I understand some distrust of both a new vaccine and the government, but it’s a shame that politics are costing a lot of people their lives.  I guess it’s always been that way, though.  

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It’s definitely political.  I understand some distrust of both a new vaccine and the government, but it’s a shame that politics are costing a lot of people their lives.  I guess it’s always been that way, though.  

True. But I will tell you, the vast majority of the folks I know who aren’t getting vaccinated say it’s because it’s new, it’s not fully tested, it’s not been FDA approved and there are too many variables with too few answers. I totally understand that logic. 

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

On more than one occasion in the past three weeks, more and more of these doctors have stated that standing alone, covid is no more or less deadly than the seasonal flu. The interesting part is the attached chart the covid deaths is around 1/2 the MSM reported numbers.

My point is b13, your statement on costing lives is not because of covid, its because of the political power, which you are correct to state.

I made the statement 1 year ago that when the numbers come out so will the truth. 

In fact right now if you google covid deaths us, from the NYT they publish 619K deaths.

That is 1/4 of MILLION people they are misleading the public on.

This information was copied from the CDC website tonight at 11:20pm

TABLE. Provisional* number and rate of total deaths and COVID-19–related deaths, by demographic characteristics — National Vital Statistics System, United States, 2020
This is the hidden content, please
Characteristic No. (rate) Total deaths COVID-19 deaths§Total 3,358,814 (828.7) 377,883 (91.5) Age group, yrs <1 19,146 (506.0) 43 (1.1) 1–4 3,469 (22.2) 24 (0.2) 5–14 5,556 (13.6) 67 (0.2) 15–24 35,470 (83.2) 587 (1.4) 25–34 72,678 (157.9) 2,527 (5.5) 35–44 103,389 (246.2) 6,617 (15.8) 45–54 189,397 (467.8) 17,905 (44.2) 55–64 436,886 (1,028.5) 44,631 (105.1) 65–74 669,316 (2,068.8) 80,617 (249.2) 75–84 816,307 (4,980.2) 104,212 (635.8) ≥85 1,007,114 (15,007.4) 120,648 (1,797.8) Unknown 86 (—) 5 (—) Sex Female 1,602,366 (689.2) 172,689 (72.5) Male 1,756,448 (990.5) 205,194 (115.0) Race/Ethnicity Hispanic 304,488 (724.1) 68,469 (164.3) White, non-Hispanic 2,467,419 (827.1) 228,328 (72.5) Black, non-Hispanic 443,116 (1,105.3) 59,871 (151.1) Asian, non-Hispanic 90,519 (457.9) 13,334 (66.7) American Indian or Alaska Native, non-Hispanic 24,279 (1,024.0) 4,504 (187.8) Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, non-Hispanic 4,424 (828.4) 679 (122.3) Multiracial, non-Hispanic 15,434 (378.8) 1,125 (31.8) Unknown 9,135 (—) 1,573 (—)

* National Vital Statistics System provisional data are incomplete. Data from December are less complete due to reporting lags. These data exclude deaths that occurred in the United States among residents of U.S. territories and foreign countries.
 Deaths per 100,000 standard population. Age-adjusted death rates are provided by sex and race/ethnicity.
§ Deaths with confirmed or presumed COVID-19 as an underlying or contributing cause of death, with International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision code U07.1. 

So I took Moderna, and it put me on my butt. Took at 10:45am, went back to work, bowling after work, slight headache right before I went to bed at 11pm….Next day went to work and by 10am, I had chills and a slight fever. Decided to go home and I slept all evening, still didn’t feel well until Thursday night. Friday morning I was back to normal. Those 2 days sucked!

My “google” research concluded that I still have high antibodies from when I got Covid over 12 months ago and my body reacted strongly to the vaccine. Had I knew that going in, I probably would not of taken it…..I mean, if I have the antibodies, why vaccine?  

anyway, I’m 50% in, so I’m scheduled for my second shot next month……I’m hoping that will be better not worse than the first time. 

Had the Moderna.  Reactions similar to most above, sore arm both times.  Not quite a 100% short while.

On the plus side, Moderna appears to be leading in most cases when results of all are looked at.  I say that as one who just happened to get Moderna, not because I was smart.  But as of now, if I was going for first time, I’d definitely get it.