Which Vaccine Did You Take?

InMAGAWeTrust

Welcoming input in this subforum, hopefully to not get derailed into a political debate, as I’m genuinely curious.

Which vaccine did you take, any side effects, how many jabs, time between jabs, any regrets, etc.. Open to hearing anectodal evidence from direct family members as well (just no Facebook stories plz). Honest discussion since I sorta have no choice anymore , if I want to continue paying my mortgage, at least.

(Yes I get my flu vaccine most years)

16 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Welcoming input in this subforum, hopefully to not get derailed into a political debate, as I’m genuinely curious.

Which vaccine did you take, any side effects, how many jabs, time between jabs, any regrets, etc.. Open to hearing anectodal evidence from direct family members as well (just no Facebook stories plz). Honest discussion since I sorta have no choice anymore , if I want to continue paying my mortgage, at least.

(Yes I get my flu vaccine most years)

Moderna

Got both 4 weeks apart February & March

Arm hurt a little 

Felt under the weather for a couple days both times

Unfortunately, my unit stayed the same size… Other than that, all is well. 

15 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Moderna

Got both 4 weeks apart February & March

Arm hurt a little 

Felt under the weather for a couple days both times

Unfortunately, my unit stayed the same size… Other than that, all is well. 

Vax  participation rates would skyrocket immediately 🤣

interesting post, ty. I was leaning Pfizer but will continue researching 

I think it is a HIPAA violation to ask what vaccine someone has taken.

I know that is completely false but I love reading that on various forums.  I like the comments such as, if your employer asks you to take the vaccine, he is violating HIPAA and you can sue. 

That has to be the most misunderstood law ever and people draw it like a gun. “You can’t talk about that!! HIPAA!!”

Without Google, I believe that Hippa law covers doctor/patient confidentiality. You have to sign a waiver giving permission for others (whoever that may be) to have access to your medical records. Your employer asking you to take the vaccine does not fall under this privacy category. Forcing you to take it or be fired doesn’t violate this law either, but it may involve another legal battle.

How’s that TVC?

10 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Your knowledge of the law is extensive. Please explain how it's not illegal.

Things are not simply illegal. Nothing is illegal unless a law says it is.

HIPAA covers doctor and patient relationships. HIPAA does not cover private people or companies. It breaks no law for your employer to ask why you are sick and not coming to work or if you have had the Covid vaccine. It absolutely breaks the law if your employer calls your doctor and your doctor tells him. A healthcare professional cannot disclose (most of the time but even that is not absolute) your medical records with anyone without your consent.

If a relative of yours tells me that you had some medical procedure, there is no violation of any HIPAA law. If your relative got it from a healthcare professional or your relative is that healthcare professional, that would be a violation. So this person tells me about your medical history and I get on this forum and make  a comment like I hate what happened to you and you got this procedure. I hope it works out OK. Again, that is not a HIPAA violation. If you find out your neighbor has Covid and you go tell your other neighbor, guess what, there is no HIPAA violation.

I repeat this over and over in person and on forums, HIPAA must be one of the most misunderstood laws ever. 

This is directly from the federal government Health and Human Services website. The link to this page is below the quote.

“In general, the HIPAA Rules do not apply to employers or employment records. HIPAA only applies to HIPAA covered entities – health care providers, health plans, and health care clearinghouses – and, to some extent, to their business associates. If an employer asks an employee to provide proof that they have been vaccinated, that is not a HIPAA violation, and employees may decide whether to provide that information to their employer.”

This is the hidden content, please

8 hours ago, baddog said:

Without Google, I believe that Hippa law covers doctor/patient confidentiality. You have to sign a waiver giving permission for others (whoever that may be) to have access to your medical records. Your employer asking you to take the vaccine does not fall under this privacy category. Forcing you to take it or be fired doesn’t violate this law either, but it may involve another legal battle.

How’s that TVC?

Yep. 

I got the moderna, two jabs, a month apart. My arm hurt a lot the first time.  Felt like I got hit by a hammer for about 24 hours.  I was a little tired the day after (woke up at 7, took a short nap around 9, went to bed pretty early.  The second shot didn’t hurt at all, again I was a little tired the next day, but very busy and my sleep pattern was normal.  My wife was achy and tired for a couple of days after her first shot, a little tired after the second.  My stepdad had no side effects, stepmom no side effects, my real dad a little tired.  All of them had moderna except my dad, who got the Pfizer 

I might have brought this up in this forum before but it is a situation I was involved with in the aftermath of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Harvey. We had an injured prisoner in custody and we were investigating how he was injured. The emergency room doctor was preparing transportation to another hospital because of the prisoner’s medical condition. That was an issue because he was in custody for a felony. All we needed for our record was, why was he being taken from our custody. It did not need to be a detailed breakdown of the prisoner’s  medical records, treatment, prognosis, etc.,  but simply an answer of what was wrong. Did he have a broken bone, did he have a serious illness, etc.?

I was a lieutenant and the ranking commander at the time. The emergency room doctor simply refused to tell us what was happening because he thought it was a HIPAA violation. So the supervisor on scene at the hospital who is also a lieutenant, called me while I was at the police station. I already had the answer saved on my desktop at my work computer and printed it off.

When I got to the hospital I introduced myself to the doctor and ask if we could talk in private for a moment. He said sure and we went into an unoccupied treatment room. I told him that we needed to know why we were releasing the prisoner and all we needed was a brief description like I discussed before. I told him do not answer until I gave you some information because I know you were concerned about privacy. I then  asked him a question something like ….. Is all you know about HIPAA from about a one day class in medical school were all they said was HIPAA HIPAA HIPAA, you’ll be sued and go to jail. I thought it was a funny question but he said, yes that was about it.

So I gave him about a 10 second version of the law verbally but then showed him the federal government response on the document I had. You could see that it came from the Health and Human Services website. I told the doctor please read this information and make your own decision. About 30 seconds later he told me the answer…. then he asked if he could keep the document I gave him. Absolutely.

The doctor thanked me in a very sincere way. He told me that he was scared about violating  the HIPAA law (which he should be)  and he had policeman in his face telling him that he had to give the information. The poor guy did not know which way to turn.

I walked out from the room and went to the other officers and told them the answer. My whole interaction with the doctor probably lasted less than two minutes. The other Lieutenant was kind of like, what the heck? We were telling him for about half an hour that he had to blah blah blah… I said yeah, that was the problem. I just walked in, smiled and showed him the law and let him make the decision and it was almost immediate.

The point is that HIPAA is between doctors and their patients’ privacy but even then there are some exceptions. Talking about a person’s  medical condition is not a violation of the law unless it is with a person involved in healthcare.  Even then there are certain limited circumstances where you can get medical information without the person’s  consent, mostly through law enforcement investigations. 

2 hours ago, baddog said:

That’s a selfish comment on it’s own. 

Not really.  Not here to argue about it, but just think about what I'm saying.  It's a selfish move.  Basically, damn everyone else even though many will be hurt.  I'm not wearing one because I just don't want to.  Pretty much the same thought process of anti-maskers.  

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not really.  Not here to argue about it, but just think about what I'm saying.  It's a selfish move.  Basically, damn everyone else even though many will be hurt.  I'm not wearing one because I just don't want to.  Pretty much the same thought process of anti-maskers.  

No, not selfish at all...some aren't taking the vaccine because there is no research (proportional to other drugs) behind it.  I choose to self isolate and have not had the vaccine AND have not had covid.  To feel you have the authority to tell someone to take a vaccine that is unproven is selfish.

By the way, the ridiculous painters masks don't work either.

27 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

If you are afraid of rebuttal, then you shouldn’t post. What you said was selfish. 

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This is not the political forum and my following comment is political, but I feel the need to tell my opinion. Folks that AREN’T getting any vaccines are very selfish people.

Thank you thank you very much, yes I am "selfish" about my own health. 

Whats the saying "my body my choice"