Vaccination Food For Thought

bullets13

25 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Don’t get your point .

On a thread on another site many of the same folks who are Reagan-level anti-vax were talking about having gotten the monoclonal infusion or being in favor of it.  When I pointed out that the infusion has many of the characteristics that they used as arguments against the vaccine (new technology with unknown long term side effects, artificially made in a lab, not FDA approved) they got a little irrational.

34 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

On a thread on another site many of the same folks who are Reagan-level anti-vax were talking about having gotten the monoclonal infusion or being in favor of it.  When I pointed out that the infusion has many of the characteristics that the used as arguments against the vaccine (new technology with unknown long term side effects, artificially made in a lab, not FDA approved) they got defensive.  

If the attempted mandating were to go away, this would be a non issue.  The gov is the problem here (as, usual) not the folks that choose their own way.  I can actually understand their pushback simply because it’s coming from gov.

My mom made a great point, saying if Biden were to come out and say something like “We as Americans are going to be a free country, there will be no further mandates from the govt.  If a private company wants to that is their business, but the govt will no longer be in the business of mandating freedom away.”  She said that would swing many his way - not sure I agree with that, but do agree with that sentiment.  Now it’s a vaccine mandate, what will tomorrow’s mandate be that you are expected to get in line with?  You cannot fly if your 23&me shows a predisposition to mental illness?  Slippery slope!!!!

On 10/23/2021 at 9:05 PM, bullets13 said:

Of course it is.  I wasn’t telling them they couldn’t.  Merely pointing it out.  Nobody likes to be shown their own hypocrisy.  

It is ridiculous. They dont trust the science behind the vaccine, yet they trust the science behind the experimental drugs that are used in the hospital. It is mindboggling.

58 minutes ago, Big girl said:

It is ridiculous. They dont trust the science behind the vaccine, yet they trust the science behind the experimental drugs that are used in the hospital. It is mindboggling.

At one time you were the only one in your immediate family that was vaccinated.  At the time did your husband and children not trust the science?  The funny thing is, you Dems, didn’t trust it either while Trump was in office.  Just about every Dim member of the Congress said they wouldn’t take it if Trump had anything to do with it.  This also included your braindead potus and his sidekick, no clue Harris.  It’s funny as soon as this idiot gets elected, the vaccine suddenly becomes their top priority.  Everyone says don’t make the jab political, but your Dims made it that way!!

29 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

At one time you were the only one in your immediate family that was vaccinated.  At the time did your husband and children not trust the science?  The funny thing is, you Dems, didn’t trust it either while Trump was in office.  Just about every Dim member of the Congress said they wouldn’t take it if Trump had anything to do with it.  This also included your braindead potus and his sidekick, no clue Harris.  It’s funny as soon as this idiot gets elected, the vaccine suddenly becomes their top priority.  Everyone says don’t make the jab political, but your Dims made it that way!!

Accurate post.  We all know Big girl’s views are very politically skewed.  If Trump were still pushing the vaccine it would be a horrible idea, just like if Trump were the one that accidentally shot someone, she would be calling for his head for not following protocol.

It is what it is.

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

It is neither mind-boggling nor ridiculous. For one, monoclonal antibodies have been around for almost 50 years. 

Second, look at the people who are taking it. They are we in the group of people who have a fairly high mortality rate from Covid. People love to point out that Covid has maybe a 1% mortality however if you look at the people over 65 who are overweight and maybe even other comorbidities, the fatality rate is a lot higher.

How many times have cancer patients been told, your life expectancy is 4 to 8 weeks but we have an experimental treatment that may or may not work. Do you want to try it? The treatment may not work and the treatment may even be fatal but regardless, in the next two months the price of that gonna be here anyway. What is the loss for trying that experimental treatment? 

For many people, monoclonal Infusion is in that arena. The first three or four days I had Covid I felt like I had a mild case of the flu. Then it turned worse and my blood oxygen for about 4 days stayed around 82-84%.. At one point when I stood up and got dizzy I laid down and took my oxygen and it was in the upper 70s. I probably should’ve been in the hospital however I got the monoclonal Infusion in Beaumont and within about 36 hours everything turned around dramatically. I am 65, about 40 pounds overweight and how high blood pressure. Considering my condition when I got the treatment, I think there is a very good chance I would’ve been in the hospital in serious or critical condition or not being here typing this right now.

I don’t see how it is mind-boggling to not trust a new vaccine which has some severe reported side effects but then faced with a possible critical condition or death And opt for a treatment it might save your life. I know that by point I took the treatment, it was not because I was worried about the flu like symptoms.

I still do not want the vaccine but I have high hopes for the Novavax that is hopefully coming out soon.

16 hours ago, tvc184 said:

It is neither mind-boggling nor ridiculous. For one, monoclonal antibodies have been around for almost 50 years. 

Second, look at the people who are taking it. They are we in the group of people who have a fairly high mortality rate from Covid. People love to point out that Covid has maybe a 1% mortality however if you look at the people over 65 who are overweight and maybe even other comorbidities, the fatality rate is a lot higher.

How many times have cancer patients been told, your life expectancy is 4 to 8 weeks but we have an experimental treatment that may or may not work. Do you want to try it? The treatment may not work and the treatment may even be fatal but regardless, in the next two months the price of that gonna be here anyway. What is the loss for trying that experimental treatment? 

For many people, monoclonal Infusion is in that arena. The first three or four days I had Covid I felt like I had a mild case of the flu. Then it turned worse and my blood oxygen for about 4 days stayed around 82-84%.. At one point when I stood up and got dizzy I laid down and took my oxygen and it was in the upper 70s. I probably should’ve been in the hospital however I got the monoclonal Infusion in Beaumont and within about 36 hours everything turned around dramatically. I am 65, about 40 pounds overweight and how high blood pressure. Considering my condition when I got the treatment, I think there is a very good chance I would’ve been in the hospital in serious or critical condition or not being here typing this right now.

I don’t see how it is mind-boggling to not trust a new vaccine which has some severe reported side effects but then faced with a possible critical condition or death And opt for a treatment it might save your life. I know that by point I took the treatment, it was not because I was worried about the flu like symptoms.

I still do not want the vaccine but I have high hopes for the Novavax that is hopefully coming out soon.

To be fair, very new technologies in monoclonal antibodies (like within the past 2-3 years) means it looks very little like monoclonal therapies of the past.  So to say it's safe because it's been around 50 years is like saying the covid vaccine is safe because vaccines have been around for over 200 years.  The rest of what you say makes sense.  

7 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Do y’all think the booster is safe? It’s been 7 months since my 2nd Moderna vaccination. 

Why wouldn't it be?  It's as safe as the original vaccine (because it's exactly the same).  I'm going to get it because it's about to be deer season, and anything I can do to reduce the risk of bringing the rona to deer camp with several of my older family members I'm going to do.  

8 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

To be fair, very new technologies in monoclonal antibodies (like within the past 2-3 years) have enabled it to be used to combat covid.  So to say it's safe because it's been around 50 years is like saying the covid vaccine is safe because vaccines have been around for over 200 years.  The rest of what you say makes sense.  

Monoclonal antibodies have been around for decades. I don’t think mRNA vaccines have been around but about a year and a half as approved for humans. Obviously they did not make monoclonal antibodies 50 years ago for COVID-19 because two years ago it did not exist. 

After I have read tons of arguments against the vaccine, it is not that it is a vaccine but the fact that it is mRNA. Many people, like myself, including people I have read are against the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have said they look forward to the Novavax which is traditional, non-mRNA vaccine.

7 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Monoclonal antibodies have been around for decades. I don’t think mRNA vaccines have been around but about a year and a half as approved for humans. Obviously they did not make monoclonal antibodies 50 years ago for COVID-19 because two years ago it did not exist. 

After I have read tons of arguments against the vaccine, it is not that it is a vaccine but the fact that it is mRNA. Many people, like myself, including people I have read are against the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have said they look forward to the Novavax which is traditional, non-mRNA vaccine.

Monoclonal therapies were very similar for decades, but in the past few years it's vastly different technology.  Much like the mRNA vaccine is very different from traditional vaccines.  

21 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Monoclonal therapies were very similar for decades, but in the past few years it's vastly different technology.  Much like the mRNA vaccine is very different from traditional vaccines.  

That still does not negate what I have said before. Once people are sick and like me and many others possibly seriously ill, the choice between a new treatment and hospitalization or death seems like an easy choice.

A majority and probably a vast majority of the people who get Covid and are not vaccinated, go through a relatively mild illness. If those people start taking a turn for the worst, they will likely opt for a new treatment rather than being put in a coma on a ventilator or death. That is not mind-boggling. 

1 minute ago, tvc184 said:

That still does not negate what I have said before. Once people are sick and like me and many others possibly seriously ill, the choice between a new treatment and hospitalization or death seems like an easy choice.

A majority and probably a vast majority of the people who get Covid and are not vaccinated, go through a relatively mild illness. If those people start taking a turn for the worst, they will likely opt for a new treatment rather than being put in a coma on a ventilator or death. That is not mind-boggling. 

agree, and stated as much.  

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Why wouldn't it be?  It's as safe as the original vaccine (because it's exactly the same).  I'm going to get it because it's about to be deer season, and anything I can do to reduce the risk of bringing the rona to deer camp with several of my older family members I'm going to do.  

I would not really seek advice for my personal health choices on this forum. I asked the question just to provoke some discussion. Side note; they are saying that cross vaccination between some of the options makes you even more vaccinated…it’s an interesting concept. I thought one of you may comment as such in answering my possibly rhetorical question.

22 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Accurate post.  We all know Big girl’s views are very politically skewed.  If Trump were still pushing the vaccine it would be a horrible idea, just like if Trump were the one that accidentally shot someone, she would be calling for his head for not following protocol.

It is what it is.

Trump was vaccinated in Feb. At one of his recent rallies he told people to get vaccinated and he was booed