Vaccination Food For Thought

bullets13

4 hours ago, Big girl said:

I am sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, the vaccine is only 90% effective. 10% of people innoculated, dont produce antibodies.

In an earlier post you stated that you received the vaccine in Jan. How long does the vaccine last? Will you or any other vaccinated person have to get another covid shot?

Also, if a person has had covid and has the antibodies in their body, how long will the antibodies remain in their body?

1 minute ago, Ty Cobb said:

In an earlier post you stated that you received the vaccine in Jan. How long does the vaccine last? Will you or any other vaccinated person have to get another covid shot?

Also, if a person has had kn and has the antibodies in their body, how long will the antibodies remain in their body?

Some experts state that a booster may be needed. I am going to take a test, provided by my employer, to see if I have the antibodies needed to fight COVID. I will let you know how it goes.

6 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

That is despite being fully vaccinated and still wearing a mask when I went out ANYWHERE.

Hope you feel better soon!

My wife tested positive about two weeks ago, she was not vaccinated. I had my second shot of pfizer on April 1. I have been with her side by side and have not gotten sick. She tested negative yesterday and had a very mild case. She still can not taste or smell though.

49 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Some experts state that a booster may be needed. I am going to take a test, provided by my employer, to see if I have the antibodies needed to fight COVID. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the reply but what about the 2nd question I had. If a person has had covid how long will the antibodies stay in their body. I’m asking because I had covid at the end of Jan and into early Feb. Do the antibodies take the place of getting the vaccine?

7 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

Thanks for the reply but what about the 2nd question I had. 1. If a person has had covid how long will the antibodies stay in their body. I’m asking because I had covid at the end of Jan and into early Feb. 2. Do the antibodies take the place of getting the vaccine?

1. That is very subjective and is not wholly known at this point

2. Let’s assume you are a proponent of the vaccine. Having the natural antibodies AND having the vaccine is supposedly the most effective position against the China virus. Of course, once again, who really knows. That’s just based on my extensive reading in the subject. 

19 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

Thanks for the reply but what about the 2nd question I had. If a person has had covid how long will the antibodies stay in their body. I’m asking because I had covid at the end of Jan and into early Feb. Do the antibodies take the place of getting the vaccine?

Experts say approximately 3 mos.

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

A federal investigation into a COVID-19 outbreak earlier this month in a Massachusetts county that’s home to Cape Cod found that 74% of the 469 infections were among vaccinated people, a finding that raises questions about the prevalence of breakthrough infections.
Of the people who reported breakthrough infections, 159, or 46%, had gotten the BioNTech SE 

–Pfizer Inc. 
 vaccine; 131, or 38%, had received the Moderna Inc. 
 shot; and 56, or 16%, had been administered the Johnson & Johnson 
 vaccine.

15 hours ago, Hagar said:

Imo, the homemade mask have virtually no effect in stopping Covid.  Any help they may have is negated by the problems homemade/paper mask cause.

Unless you wear the mask 24 7 .....in the shower.....asleep...as well and for men clean shaven no mask no mask will do any good.

airborne is hard to stop.

had a employee at HD approach me with a beard and a mask sitting on top of it try to emphasize wearing a mask. I laughed on the inside of his lack of common sense

10 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Unless you wear the mask 24 7 .....in the shower.....asleep...as well and for men clean shaven no mask no mask will do any good.

airborne is hard to stop.

had a employee at HD approach me with a beard and a mask sitting on top of it try to emphasize wearing a mask. I laughed on the inside of his lack of common sense

Unfortunately, some people will wear masks the rest of their lives.

Well, after being on oxygen, I was told by the infectious disease doctor who saw me told me that a Pfizer vaccination is about 25% amongst immunosuppressed patients. That ain't by an "expert", or Dr. Falsi or some political hack. It is from a real doctor who makes a living treating real patients.

10 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, after being on oxygen, I was told by the infectious disease doctor who saw me told me that a Pfizer vaccination is about 25% amongst immunosuppressed patients. That ain't by an "expert", or Dr. Falsi or some political hack. It is from a real doctor who makes a living treating real patients.

Did he happen to say anything about the efficacy of Moderna or J&J?