Indians4life

Top 10 best coaches in Setx??

Recommended Posts

1
12 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

He's their only real threat who can score at all 3 levels and defend. The other guards are basically just 3pt shooters who can't dribble. They have no PG like the last two years. Some don't realize how important that is. Without him last year they don't win 20 games at all.

I believe he s playing in college in Nebraska somewhere

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man the pay raise they must get for making the list, surely this is monitored by school administrators.  “Hey coach I see you are up for a new contract - well you weren’t on the list of top area coaches so we’re going to have to let you go.  We are checking on the whereabouts of Grey Giovanine.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Not the least bit. They're not going to be terrible, still will be a competitive team but the only solid player they have is Sears that can effect the game on both ends. Brown is a good shooter and decent gaurd but folds under pressure and can't guard anyone pass his own size. Davis Jr can't guard his mom's purse in church 🤣. They don't have any bigs, just a couple of 6'2-6'3 guards who can't dribble so they play post for rebounding and defense. Both decent are players, but are really football players who should be using basketball just for feet work. Saw their gaurds this summer, take the ball away from Sears and it's turnover city. Malbrough will be the X factor if he can learn how to play basketball and not just rec hoop. 

Gonna watch and see how this post ages. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2021 at 11:50 PM, Cardinal 1 said:

Not the least bit. They're not going to be terrible, still will be a competitive team but the only solid player they have is Sears that can effect the game on both ends. Brown is a good shooter and decent gaurd but folds under pressure and can't guard anyone pass his own size. Davis Jr can't guard his mom's purse in church 🤣. They don't have any bigs, just a couple of 6'2-6'3 guards who can't dribble so they play post for rebounding and defense. Both decent are players, but are really football players who should be using basketball just for feet work. Saw their gaurds this summer, take the ball away from Sears and it's turnover city. Malbrough will be the X factor if he can learn how to play basketball and not just rec hoop. 

Should be quite the Coaching accomplishment then if they win district ( Which I believe they will ). Maybe you’ll give Davis his due then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2021 at 12:31 AM, BlueOwl said:

Davis > Sigler

I don't know that it's fair to say this, although I will say i'm fairly confident Davis would've done similar things to what Sigler did if he had the sort of talent silsbee has had the last 7-8 years.  For quite awhile Sig just had to manage personalities and stay out of the way, but I was very impressed with the job he did this past season.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2021 at 1:07 AM, whsalum said:

Should be quite the Coaching accomplishment then if they win district ( Which I believe they will ). Maybe you’ll give Davis his due then. 

If you believe that then you're an HJ fan not a basketball one. District will be out of Huffman or HF.  HJ will be a respectable 3rd. HJ played together this summer under two different AAU teams and the only notable were Sears, two other players that don't go to HJ. They will be competitive, but they don't have enough firepower to beat HF or Huffman in district. Soileau from Huffman will be the best forward in the district, I don't see any big containing him and they still have a couple of shooters, one who can get to the rim as well. Soileau will put up 20 and 10 this season. Best back court will be from HF in Dorsey and Coleman. Will be 3rd year starting with both being x2 all district, 1 all region (Dorsey). Denson comes back healthy 16pts 10rebs 1st team all district. Ardoin is no longer ineligible and will add a player that can both play and guard all 5 positions at 6'4" averaged 27 and 10 his sophomore year, last time he played varsity. That's 4 players that will average double digits, 3 of them at least 15pts a game. No one else has that type of firepower in that district.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

If you believe that then you're an HJ fan not a basketball one. District will be out of Huffman or HF.  HJ will be a respectable 3rd. HJ played together this summer under two different AAU teams and the only notable were Sears, two other players that don't go to HJ. They will be competitive, but they don't have enough firepower to beat HF or Huffman in district. Soileau from Huffman will be the best forward in the district, I don't see any big containing him and they still have a couple of shooters, one who can get to the rim as well. Soileau will put up 20 and 10 this season. Best back court will be from HF in Dorsey and Coleman. Will be 3rd year starting with both being x2 all district, 1 all region (Dorsey). Denson comes back healthy 16pts 10rebs 1st team all district. Ardoin is no longer ineligible and will add a player that can both play and guard all 5 positions at 6'4" averaged 27 and 10 his sophomore year, last time he played varsity. That's 4 players that will average double digits, 3 of them at least 15pts a game. No one else has that type of firepower in that district.

I’m kinda new at this basketball stuff so I may be wrong. I missed badly on LCM last year but I think that had a lot to do with injury. I’ll be doing a lot of traveling this year to watch different clubs or I may even do a little officiating again. I learned a long time ago not to put to much emphasis on summer league basketball. I think Huffman is going to miss Harvey worse than HJ will miss Baxter. Wirth was a great little PG but I think he was playing on a bad knee almost all the way through district. I like HJ’s chances returning 4 starters and getting some depth from a JV that lost 1 game all season and went undefeated in district. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I’m kinda new at this basketball stuff so I may be wrong. I missed badly on LCM last year but I think that had a lot to do with injury. I’ll be doing a lot of traveling this year to watch different clubs or I may even do a little officiating again. I learned a long time ago not to put to much emphasis on summer league basketball. I think Huffman is going to miss Harvey worse than HJ will miss Baxter. Wirth was a great little PG but I think he was playing on a bad knee almost all the way through district. I like HJ’s chances returning 4 starters and getting some depth from a JV that lost 1 game all season and went undefeated in district. 

Wait. HJ has 4 returning starters?

Wirth, Samaha and Porter were all starters, correct? If so, that should only be 2 starters returning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wait. HJ has 4 returning starters?

Wirth, Samaha and Porter were all starters, correct? If so, that should only be 2 starters returning.

Porter came off the bench after the first district game. Sears, White, Davis started all year and Brown started several games. I think they are going to be better than some folks do. White gets very little notoriety but is a very solid ball player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, whsalum said:

I’m kinda new at this basketball stuff so I may be wrong. I missed badly on LCM last year but I think that had a lot to do with injury. I’ll be doing a lot of traveling this year to watch different clubs or I may even do a little officiating again. I learned a long time ago not to put to much emphasis on summer league basketball. I think Huffman is going to miss Harvey worse than HJ will miss Baxter. Wirth was a great little PG but I think he was playing on a bad knee almost all the way through district. I like HJ’s chances returning 4 starters and getting some depth from a JV that lost 1 game all season and went undefeated in district. 

LCM has a bonafide stud in Ben. I see him putting close to 20pts a game for them this year.  That kid can play period! Any team losing a player like Harvey will miss them hands down, but Baxter was that important to HJ success last year. He was their floor general and when he struggled, the whole team did. Being calm and cool under pressure is an instinct and talent that can't be coached at all. He had that! Brown isn't chop liver, don't get me wrong, but he tends to fold under pressure and he's their best option at PG. Davis Jr better not touch ball other then to shoot an open corner 3. Sears is a pure slasher and scorer, but lacks play making ability. He's not a PG at all but a walking bucket getter. Best PG in the district is at HF in Dorsey. He has been behind only Wirth and Harvey the past 2 years, but right on their heels as far production and grit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cardinal 1 I feel my Mustangs will have a good team hopefully building off last year. Curious to see what our new coach is going to do with these boys.  As far as LCM I thought last year was the most talent I've seen there in a long while and they missed the playoffs again.  I know injuries hurt them but Doucette is not an easy piece to replace.  Don't know much about HJ but it seems like there always winning 20 or more games.  I really feel with Warlow 6'3 Guard, Pappillion 6'7 Big that looked dominate in summer league, Darren Anderson and the twins we're going to be salty.  Also our JV was solid last year and it started 4 freshman cooper, robinson, holifield and Brown.  I like my Stangs to make some noise because most of these boys are in the gym right now.  

 

Also our Coach Castillo has a ring and with that experience that may put these boys over the top

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2021 at 4:07 PM, Jack of All Trades said:

@Cardinal 1 I feel my Mustangs will have a good team hopefully building off last year. Curious to see what our new coach is going to do with these boys.  As far as LCM I thought last year was the most talent I've seen there in a long while and they missed the playoffs again.  I know injuries hurt them but Doucette is not an easy piece to replace.  Don't know much about HJ but it seems like there always winning 20 or more games.  I really feel with Warlow 6'3 Guard, Pappillion 6'7 Big that looked dominate in summer league, Darren Anderson and the twins we're going to be salty.  Also our JV was solid last year and it started 4 freshman cooper, robinson, holifield and Brown.  I like my Stangs to make some noise because most of these boys are in the gym right now.  

 

Also our Coach Castillo has a ring and with that experience that may put these boys over the top

WOS were talented last year but very undiscipline. They took a lot of bad shots and made way too many turnovers. If they can get more under control and play basketball instead of just hooping, I believe they can make some noise. Can they beat Lumberton, Silsbee, LCM, and Bridge City is the question as they are all in their district. From what I saw, if they can play more team basketball they have a shot at 2nd at least in district. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2021 at 4:07 PM, Jack of All Trades said:

@Cardinal 1 I feel my Mustangs will have a good team hopefully building off last year. Curious to see what our new coach is going to do with these boys.  As far as LCM I thought last year was the most talent I've seen there in a long while and they missed the playoffs again.  I know injuries hurt them but Doucette is not an easy piece to replace.  Don't know much about HJ but it seems like there always winning 20 or more games.  I really feel with Warlow 6'3 Guard, Pappillion 6'7 Big that looked dominate in summer league, Darren Anderson and the twins we're going to be salty.  Also our JV was solid last year and it started 4 freshman cooper, robinson, holifield and Brown.  I like my Stangs to make some noise because most of these boys are in the gym right now.  

 

Also our Coach Castillo has a ring and with that experience that may put these boys over the top

I don't know how WOS only won ten games last year.  Offensive player of the year, two 6'7 bigs, athletes everywhere, and a college commit (Jack's nephew wink wink) should get no worse than second in a weak district.  The only time I saw them "dominate" in the summer they lost to Orangefield and the summer coach was trying to fight people.  Is it time to shift allegiance to HJ maybe?  I do think Chris Castille will right the ship and have them in the top two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2021 at 8:50 PM, The Dragon said:

I don't know how WOS only won ten games last year.  Offensive player of the year, two 6'7 bigs, athletes everywhere, and a college commit (Jack's nephew wink wink) should get no worse than second in a weak district.  The only time I saw them "dominate" in the summer they lost to Orangefield and the summer coach was trying to fight people.  Is it time to shift allegiance to HJ maybe?  I do think Chris Castille will right the ship and have them in the top two.

My Stangs rarely have a sexy record.  When 2-4 starters come from your football team every year it takes a second considering football over here is usually playing into December.  I think Coach Castille is doing a good job so far but Wilson did have them boys going in the right direction, remember he was only there 1 year.  Also he got more kids in the gym than Barstow who tried to kill basketball program over here.  As for HJ I wish Wilson the best of luck but I'm going to be rooting for my Stangs win or lose no matter whos coaching.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Member Statistics

    42,773
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    WhoDat
    Newest Member
    WhoDat
    Joined

×
  • Create New...