Top 10 best coaches in Setx??

1 hour ago, JayBilas said:

You’re wrong. Dead wrong, and I have no idea why you insist that I’m him, but ok. Carry on. Please do not pull Walt into this. I assure you he has no clue what’s going on here. 

Dude stop. Seriously. I used to be a mod on here and know you Walter. Just stop, it's old now. You can go into a novel typing after this but it's irrelevant. 

31 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

See what i mean @Yeoj 

How does dude not realize everyone knows who he is! JayBilas and DickyV have the same exact posting style. We all knew it was Walter except when the midget LB with the giant head was posting silly stuff. The gig is up JayBilas/Walter. Its cool homie.

I truly wish I could prove you all wrong but let’s kill this one right here. I will no longer post on this message board. For the sake of the person involved, I apologize to him for creating this madness somehow. I never said I was you yet somehow I’m being connected to you and these people are insisting that it’s you. My apologies, brother.  I’m off of here for good. Again, I apologize for the confusion.

19 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

@BMTSoulja1 Are you still game to meet this fool in person? I am. 

I've met Walter, Jr. A few years back at Delmar Fieldhouse for a Wheatley game.  He is a personable and intelligent man. Is he Jay Bilas? Yeah, he does certainly meet some of the same boxes as the old DickeyV.  But at least Jay hasn't threatened to "catch someone outside."

And in the final analysis, does it really matter? He would not be the first banned member to make his way here again.  He has had takes here, good, bad and ugly. But.....who here can say they haven't.

Why don't we all just get back to a very good topic and leave the goat getting alone.

On 8/12/2021 at 1:00 PM, WOSgrad said:

I've met Walter, Jr. A few years back at Delmar Fieldhouse for a Wheatley game.  He is a personable and intelligent man. Is he Jay Bilas? Yeah, he does certainly meet some of the same boxes as the old DickeyV.  But at least Jay hasn't threatened to "catch someone outside."

And in the final analysis, does it really matter? He would not be the first banned member to make his way here again.  He has had takes here, good, bad and ugly. But.....who here can say they haven't.

Why don't we all just get back to a very good topic and leave the goat getting alone.

You're right warden. I shouldn't have popped the top on ol Walt, but that HF thing really rubbed me the wrong way. Kinnebrew is a good coach and to be discredited as strictly a "football guy" who was hired because he had connections, by another finalist for the job was bush league. Yates should have been happy to even be considered based on what I know about his past in txhsbb. Either way, I'm off of it. 

There's two real obvious coaches in Beaumont who have state titles and multiple D1/pros players under their belt. The others to me are Siglar at Silsbee, Mitchell from Lumberton, English at Nederland, and Orangefield head coach. One can say there are at least 3-4 assistant coaches that would be better then most on that list other then the 3 HOFers, but they are all on those HOFs staff lol. I saw the argument about Clay Davis. Honestly he's an ok coach. He consistently has talent every year but really doesn't win big games or make deep playoff runs and what players has he really gotten into D1 or D2 college?  This year will say a lot because this will be his most least talented team. They will fully depend on his coaching to win. 

1 hour ago, TommyShep said:

Need more love for Mitchell at Lumberton. He’s creating something special very quickly. 

I don’t know about creating something special but what he’s done at Lumberton is pretty dang good  considering lumberton has made playoffs only 4 times and they have made it 3 years straight. 

10 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

There's two real obvious coaches in Beaumont who have state titles and multiple D1/pros players under their belt. The others to me are Siglar at Silsbee, Mitchell from Lumberton, English at Nederland, and Orangefield head coach. One can say there are at least 3-4 assistant coaches that would be better then most on that list other then the 3 HOFers, but they are all on those HOFs staff lol. I saw the argument about Clay Davis. Honestly he's an ok coach. He consistently has talent every year but really doesn't win big games or make deep playoff runs and what players has he really gotten into D1 or D2 college?  This year will say a lot because this will be his most least talented team. They will fully depend on his coaching to win. 

I think this years HJ club will be as good as last years by the time they tip it off. They have 4 kids returning that started at times last season and some kids that are developing nicely on the post. 

On 8/20/2021 at 10:28 PM, whsalum said:

I think this years HJ club will be as good as last years by the time they tip it off. They have 4 kids returning that started at times last season and some kids that are developing nicely on the post. 

Not the least bit. They're not going to be terrible, still will be a competitive team but the only solid player they have is Sears that can effect the game on both ends. Brown is a good shooter and decent gaurd but folds under pressure and can't guard anyone pass his own size. Davis Jr can't guard his mom's purse in church 🤣. They don't have any bigs, just a couple of 6'2-6'3 guards who can't dribble so they play post for rebounding and defense. Both decent are players, but are really football players who should be using basketball just for feet work. Saw their gaurds this summer, take the ball away from Sears and it's turnover city. Malbrough will be the X factor if he can learn how to play basketball and not just rec hoop. 

16 hours ago, no-look said:

Sears a sr this year? 

He's their only real threat who can score at all 3 levels and defend. The other guards are basically just 3pt shooters who can't dribble. They have no PG like the last two years. Some don't realize how important that is. Without him last year they don't win 20 games at all.