Top 10 best coaches in Setx??

1 hour ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

Foster is dang good but I think some don’t give Mitchell the credit with what he’s done at Lumberton. Lumberton was an easy win for a long dang time and I saw his guys play at Silsbee this year and those players flew around and flat out got after it, he’s actually built a program from the bottom up and you don’t see many coaches doing that these days so I think he’s a upcoming great coach who will get to pick a big job when he’s ready but maybe he just stays in Lumberton since he’s alumni. Also, McDonald from ofield is another good one I like to watch!! 

1st post here but been following sports in the area for a while. Mitchell has done a tremendous job of turning that program around. But I will really be interested to see what he does without McClure. That will tell me if he belongs to be mentioned with the other top coaches in the area. 

5 minutes ago, Cardinal23 said:

1st post here but been following sports in the area for a while. Mitchell has done a tremendous job of turning that program around. But I will really be interested to see what he does without McClure. That will tell me if he belongs to be mentioned with the other top coaches in the area. 

You have to have players to win, every successful team in the area who does win those coaches have players. I think this year might have been his  best coaching year with them losing all those guys from the year before..will be interesting to see how they do without McClure. Another name that doesn’t get talked about enough is Whitmire  from Buna.

5 minutes ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

You have to have players to win, every successful team in the area who does win those coaches have players. I think this year might have been his  best coaching year with them losing all those guys from the year before..will be interesting to see how they do without McClure. Another name that doesn’t get talked about enough is Whitmire  from Buna.

I agree 100 percent. I’m just saying from what I’ve witnessed McClure was a big part of those playoff teams. Especially last years team. Whitmire always does a phenomenal job with the talent he has. This area is loaded with so many great coaches. 

1 minute ago, Cardinal23 said:

I agree 100 percent. I’m just saying from what I’ve witnessed McClure was a big part of those playoff teams. Especially last years team. Whitmire always does a phenomenal job with the talent he has. This area is loaded with so many great coaches. 

No doubt, well of course he was but wasn’t that big his sophomore year but really big junior and senior year. Got to have players to win and compete and that was like starting a program from scratch when he got to Lumberton. 

22 hours ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

Foster is dang good but I think some don’t give Mitchell the credit with what he’s done at Lumberton. Lumberton was an easy win for a long dang time and I saw his guys play at Silsbee this year and those players flew around and flat out got after it, he’s actually built a program from the bottom up and you don’t see many coaches doing that these days so I think he’s a upcoming great coach who will get to pick a big job when he’s ready but maybe he just stays in Lumberton since he’s alumni. Also, McDonald from ofield is another good one I like to watch!! 

Not taking anything away from anyone.. the drop in classification has to be taken into account.  I know.. I know.. speculation.  But it’s gotta be considered in terms of correlation with success.

On 8/7/2021 at 8:09 PM, Benchwarmer9 said:

Why do you think Josh Mitchell gets no respect?  Indian, LSUtiger, and the Benchwarmer all have been very complimentary of what he's done.  That's three posters who agree on his ability and it's hard to get three people to agree about anything. 

15 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Not taking anything away from anyone.. the drop in classification has to be taken into account.  I know.. I know.. speculation.  But it’s gotta be considered in terms of correlation with success.

Lumberton has been 3a-4a for basically forever.  Only 5a for 4 years in the history of the school. Also another good coach I like to watch is Coach Smith from Vidor, I know they haven’t won many games but they are always prepared and give good teams fits. 

21 minutes ago, JayBilas said:

What do you think is the reason he's brought up on here? Serious question.

I think he (2wedge) thinks that you (Jay Bilas) are actually Walter Yates and that you (Yates and/or Bilas) think that he (2wedge) doesn't know.  He also thinks that you (Yates and/or Bilas) can't resist defending him and/or yourself.  

I don't believe it though.  No way a top ten coach would get on here and promote himself. 

4 minutes ago, OCWChuck said:

I think he (2wedge) thinks that you (Jay Bilas) are actually Walter Yates and that you (Yates and/or Bilas) think that he (2wedge) doesn't know.  He also thinks that you (Yates and/or Bilas) can't resist defending him and/or yourself.  

I don't believe it though.  No way a top ten coach would get on here and promote himself. 

I am a school administrator locally and won’t divulge who, what, or why, but he (Yates) and I are close. I will leave it at that. This is not Walter Yates. I understand the urge to poke at him because you think I am him but I assure you I’m not. He’s a good guy that can actually coach, but had some tough growing pains early on in this coaching business. I think he is better suited as a college coach, but he’s changed quite a bit over the years. I take up for a lot of people on here in case you didn’t notice. lol 

8 hours ago, JayBilas said:

I am a school administrator locally and won’t divulge who, what, or why, but he (Yates) and I are close. I will leave it at that. This is not Walter Yates. I understand the urge to poke at him because you think I am him but I assure you I’m not. He’s a good guy that can actually coach, but had some tough growing pains early on in this coaching business. I think he is better suited as a college coach, but he’s changed quite a bit over the years. I take up for a lot of people on here in case you didn’t notice. lol 

That's fine and all but no way possible he can be in the top 10 REALLY 

12 hours ago, OCWChuck said:

Bingo.....and it worked! lol

12 hours ago, JayBilas said:

I've never said you couldn't coach. I never even said you shouldn't post. I've known you were you since the first time I saw JayBilas post after the death of DickieV (RIP). The only thing I've taken exception to is you disparaging the HF hire in public forum after you didn't get the job. Literally one of the most classless things I've ever seen, and you cloaked it in your "defense" of the other candidates. That's my issue with you. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

I've never said you couldn't coach. I never even said you shouldn't post. I've known you were you since the first time I saw JayBilas post after the death of DickieV (RIP). The only thing I've taken exception to is you disparaging the HF hire in public forum after you didn't get the job. Literally one of the most classless things I've ever seen, and you cloaked it in your "defense" of the other candidates. That's my issue with you. 

👀👀👀lol all so true

4 hours ago, 2wedge said:

You’re wrong. Dead wrong, and I have no idea why you insist that I’m him, but ok. Carry on. Please do not pull Walt into this. I assure you he has no clue what’s going on here. 

6 minutes ago, JayBilas said:

You’re wrong. Dead wrong, and I have no idea why you insist that I’m him, but ok. Carry on. Please do not pull Walt into this. I assure you he has no clue what’s going on here. 

Ok, I really don't know why this is bothering me so much, but it is what it is I guess. I don't have time this evening, but I'll be back tomorrow and I will post my case for why you are "Walt", along with receipts that IMO prove my point. Once that has been done, I'll be done with this and will take my happy behind back to the football board where I belong. 

53 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Ok, I really don't know why this is bothering me so much, but it is what it is I guess. I don't have time this evening, but I'll be back tomorrow and I will post my case for why you are "Walt", along with receipts that IMO prove my point. Once that has been done, I'll be done with this and will take my happy behind back to the football board where I belong. 

You go right ahead, sir. Good luck.