Todd Dodge

36 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

The domino effect…  this has to be the first year that I can remember in several years that his name isn’t linked to leaving.. Possibly go on back to west lake? 

That's cause Westlake next Head Coach is already on staff it seems.

If Fairchief leaves Png I believe he'll head for the DFW area, but it wouldn't surprise me if a big time West Texas school were to be open that his name would be in the hat also. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

That's cause Westlake next Head Coach is already on staff it seems.

If Fairchief leaves Png I believe he'll head for the DFW area, but it wouldn't surprise me if a big time West Texas school were to be open that his name would be in the hat also. 

I do believe yes DFW would make more sense… but couldn’t agree more with what you put. Just reading and listening to people they expect a big shuffle of coaches moving after the season. Like I said the domino effect will happen… 

On 7/26/2021 at 9:50 AM, pakronos said:

welp, there goes any chance he come home to save PAM from a staff that can't get out the first rd against 4th place teams...

Ask Barbers Hill if a big name coach is all it takes to start making deep runs.  Spoiler alert: it takes more than a winning experienced coach.

12 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Nah it's not false, he's talking about the hires they (the ISD) have made recently. (Gage, Westy, Abseck in a row)

Just because BH hired Westerberg does not mean anyone ever claimed any certain coach is ALL  anyone needs to make a deep run. This is a totally false narrative. Feel free to quote whoever said it. Show the source. 

This lie is just more latent BH bashing, thats all.  

2 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Just because BH hired Westerberg does not mean anyone ever claimed any certain coach is ALL  anyone needs to make a deep run. This is a totally false narrative. Feel free to quote whoever said it. Show the source. 

This lie is just more latent BH bashing, thats all.  

Smdh he'll tell you when he gets on. 

On 7/29/2021 at 9:11 AM, oldschool2 said:

Ask Barbers Hill if a big name coach is all it takes to start making deep runs.  Spoiler alert: it takes more than a winning experienced coach.

I've got a scenario for you.  And it involves speculation which we do a lot here, including me:  Say you were tasked with finding a football coach to bring a school a State Title.  Your reputation would be on the line and the possibility of getting fired if it never works out.  Between these two coaches, which would you hire:  Art Briles or Phil Danaher?

On 7/29/2021 at 2:44 PM, Separation Scientist said:

ALL?

I don't think BH or anyone has ever claimed or said that, ever. False narrative. 

Oh no?  Am I imagining all of the conversations I was involved in after his hire about: “this many years until he wins a district title..that many years until he wins a playoff game OR MORE”??

Im old but I remember very vividly arguing with people on this very site about unrealistic expectations for that school due SOLELY to his hire.  May wanna dig into the SeTxsports archives..

6 hours ago, Reagan said:

I've got a scenario for you.  And it involves speculation which we do a lot here, including me:  Say you were tasked with finding a football coach to bring a school a State Title.  Your reputation would be on the line and the possibility of getting fired if it never works out.  Between these two coaches, which would you hire:  Art Briles or Phil Danaher?

If between those two only.. I’d personally go with Briles.  Proven success at a wider array of situations.  More than 1 recently, actually.  And don’t get me wrong, Danaher is deservingly a legend.  HOF coach for sure..but everyone knows that Region 4 just isn’t the same.

7 hours ago, Reagan said:

Not even close; Briles all the way 

I’m no where near being a Coach, but based on my observations over the years, the HC is just part of the equation.  The remainder of the Staff is what will make a successful Coach/Team.  Take Surratt.  Was he “unbeatable” prior to going to Carthage?  I go back to Doug Etheridge and his time at, what was referred to then, the University of PNG.  After all his success at PNG, he went to (I believe) Round Rock.  There (if memory is correct) he was just an average Coach.  I figure it’s because he wasn’t able to bring all his Staff.  Evidently the Staff at Carthage compliment each other.  The HC is the nucleus, but good assistants make it complete.  So, Jmo but if a Coaching Staff is a winning team, so will be the football players.

My 2 cents.

20 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Oh no?  Am I imagining all of the conversations I was involved in after his hire about: “this many years until he wins a district title..that many years until he wins a playoff game OR MORE”??

Im old but I remember very vividly arguing with people on this very site about unrealistic expectations for that school due SOLELY to his hire.  May wanna dig into the SeTxsports archives..

I not going to dig into anything. You made a bold statement, so you can dig and back it up.

Make darn sure you find the word "ALL"  Have fun. 

On 7/29/2021 at 2:44 PM, Separation Scientist said:

ALL?

I don't think BH or anyone has ever claimed or said that, ever. False narrative. 

Complete change of subject, and I’m certainly not calling you out, but I swear the word “narrative” is the most trendy, overused word as of late.