Coaching School Interview with Crosby HC Jerry Prieto

Matthew328

This offseason has a very similar feeling to when we lost the Twins and their 12,000+ career yards. Didn't bring back a lot of starters and were supposed to take a significant step back but we didn't and instead went 24-3 over the next couple of years. Crosby's talent pool will be increasing yearly over the next four seasons so if healthy I expect to see some special campaigns from these youngsters coming up. 

P.S. - Those freshman coach mentioned that are probably going to play varsity are the real deal. One goes about 6'/210ish and will play inside LB. One is a rb who's going to be on the bigger side but has the best footwork I've seen from a young back at Crosby since Walter. The freshman I'm most excited about is the lineman who just turned 14 and is already 6-2/340lbs. Lots of talent coming through the program that we're definitely going to need as we're almost sure to go to 5A-D1 for the '24 alignment. 

4 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Didnt see this thread when posting to your other post 14.2. And the first thing that comes to my mind when a kid is 6'2 but weights 340 pounds is terrible parenting. 

That's true in some cases but there are other cases like Kardell Thomas' where they become the most dominant lineman in the state. I went to school with his mom who's now a school teacher in the district, she was pretty healthy and slimmed down. I expect the same for her son. 

This is the hidden content, please

On 7/22/2021 at 4:26 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

That's true in some cases but there are other cases like Kardell Thomas' where they become the most dominant lineman in the state. I went to school with his mom who's now a school teacher in the district, she was pretty healthy and slimmed down. I expect the same for her son. 

This is the hidden content, please

Is he 6’2 looks a bit taller. 

1 hour ago, MrFleet23 said:

Is he 6’2 looks a bit taller. 

IDK, but that's what his mom told us last week at the park when we were sitting back there watching the youngsters work out though? I'm assuming she was talking about measurements from his recent physical? I personally couldn't gauge, I've just been looking at him on HUDL. I would expect him to go about 6-4 and that same 340lbs in a couple of years though.