LCM’s Peevey

marshman

47 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

What turf bond y’all got going on over there… when’s that suppose to take place? 

He went to the school board and  they spoke on getting turf on all the fields and the indoor facility. I don’t know when it will be voted on. It definitely won’t be this upcoming year. I think it’s gonna be hard to get it passed through to the citizens 

6 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Yeah he has changed a lot of things so far at LCM. Also I’m hearing the turf bond will include a full size indoor football facility. 

It’s about time someone other that B Hill got the ball rollin on an indoor facility here in Setx. First class indoor facilities are a dime a dozen up in DFW area; literally every school up there has one

1 hour ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

He went to the school board and  they spoke on getting turf on all the fields and the indoor facility. I don’t know when it will be voted on. It definitely won’t be this upcoming year. I think it’s gonna be hard to get it passed through to the citizens 

I hear those folks are pretty stubborn, at least he's actually trying. Hopefully it's passed thru. 

8 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

It’s about time someone other that B Hill got the ball rollin on an indoor facility here in Setx. First class indoor facilities are a dime a dozen up in DFW area; literally every school up there has one

Most DFW schools have them...not all. 

If there's anywhere in Texas that schools need them the most I'd say SETX does. Y'all know as well as I do the weather in the fall is all over the place. 

1 hour ago, scat_trap said:

If there's anywhere in Texas that schools need them the most I'd say SETX does. Y'all know as well as I do the weather in the fall is all over the place. 

"H-town where our stadiums drop the top"... at&t was the first roof stadium up there. Rangers just got their's last season. We need indoor practice facilities down here. My LCM peeps haven't heard anything official yet.

11 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I hear those folks are pretty stubborn, at least he's actually trying. Hopefully it's passed thru. 

Taxes are already high and i understand there point. We only have two small plants. WOS has all the money from chemical road. From what I understand peevy is getting paid very well. We will see what happens 

14 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Maybe they can borrow some of Lumberton’s 78 million. They don’t seem to have a problem spending our money. 😬

16 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Maybe they can borrow some of Lumberton’s 78 million. They don’t seem to have a problem spending our money. 😬

Heck we just had a school bond 56 million in 2013. I spoke to a coach at Lumberton he told me that Lumberton  school bond didn’t make a lot sense because they should have built a new high school and gyms. He said the high school doesn’t have a empty classroom. If the new neighborhood is built on 421 that’s gonna send Lumberton to big 5a classification lol

5 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Heck we just had a school bond 56 million in 2013. I spoke to a coach at Lumberton he told me that Lumberton  school bond didn’t make a lot sense because they should have built a new high school and gyms. He said the high school doesn’t have a empty classroom. If the new neighborhood is built on 421 that’s gonna send Lumberton to big 5a classification lol

I think the UIL would just leave the phone off the hook during football season. Just email them instead. 

2 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Taxes are already high and i understand there point. We only have two small plants. WOS has all the money from chemical road. From what I understand peevy is getting paid very well. We will see what happens 

Are we not still sending tax money to other schools? Basically robin hood taking from the rich and sending to the other schools.

3 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Are we not still sending tax money to other schools? Basically robin hood taking from the rich and sending to the other schools.

Yes we get money from WOS . But I don’t know if that can be used for athletic purposes. If you didn’t donate it you would have to pay taxes on it 

3 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Yes we get money from WOS . But I don’t know if that can be used for athletic purposes. If you didn’t donate it you would have to pay taxes on it 

I think you're right about that money being used only for educational purposes. Seems like when it started all the surrounding districts built new schools or updated.

8 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

The LCM defense will be very good in a couple of years, if not sooner, and they will create turnovers. Coach Davis is a very good DC!!!

I hope you're right.  I've seen really good coordinators take head gigs and struggle not because of coaching but because of gene pool.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:01 AM, scat_trap said:

Exactly. I just don’t understand the hold up on more schools building them down here. Football is obviously a lot more important up there than it is down here. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

Exactly. I just don’t understand the hold up on more schools building them down here. Football is obviously a lot more important up there than it is down here. 

I wouldn't necessarily say it's not as important but rather more competitive with admin in the DFW than it is in SETX. They're in a situation in a lot of DFW schools where they have to build to compete with the Joneses in getting kids in.  A lot of SETX schools still have guys that "played back then" without anything like that and don't realize that facility upgrades are things that are important.  A lot of school personnel also only think it'll service football but it'll take care of other sports throughout the whole year. They preach they want what's best for the kids but it's all about convenience for them...it's an inconvenience to go and politic around the community to get those things done. Heck, there's even plans floating around for indoors that harvest rain water to be recycled for watering facilities so you can save the district money in the long haul.

I'm surprised Katy hasn't started putting together indoor facilities for their schools.  I'm sure once they started doing that others would follow.