which non-district team.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:12 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Montgomery the 3rd game only because we’ve NEVER played them before.

Montgomery is probably going to score 50+ on BU. Their defense probably won't be great but the head coach's son plays QB and can flat out sling it. I think he threw for over 500 yards on Crosby last year. 

16 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Shadow Creek say it's on this year versus Da Sho. 

The SC defense will be ok but we'll see how their offense looks without Drones at qb? They're going to start the head coach's son who looks like he's pretty solid but I doubt it helps against the Mustangs. That North Shore defense is going to be on the level Duncanville's was a couple years ago. My cousin is the head coach for the freshman team and said during the scrimmages the offense can't even move the ball on them. All they probably need from the qb position to win another title is Davis' level of play as a freshman. 

Nice to open with a perennial 4A power like Carthage and good to close with a solid 5A-D1 team like PAM on the back end but for Crosby it's going to be Manvel. They're the best gauge for the type of coaching, skill players and trench guys you see deep in the playoffs. Once we line up against them everybody else on the schedule seems pretty normal. 

On 7/18/2021 at 5:23 PM, png9mon said:

Jasper at PNG, I love playing football against teams that are going all out, all the time. Those Jasper boys play hard. Always a great game to watch. 

That's a game im gonna keep my eye on. Those Jasper boys are physical. Gonna be a great game regardless!

On 7/19/2021 at 7:47 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Montgomery is probably going to score 50+ on BU. Their defense probably won't be great but the head coach's son plays QB and can flat out sling it. I think he threw for over 500 yards on Crosby last year. 

If they do score 50+, how close would BU be? I do not see this a blowout by any means. BU is not that bad. 

On 7/19/2021 at 9:07 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Nice to open with a perennial 4A power like Carthage and good to close with a solid 5A-D1 team like PAM on the back end but for Crosby it's going to be Manvel. They're the best gauge for the type of coaching, skill players and trench guys you see deep in the playoffs. Once we line up against them everybody else on the schedule seems pretty normal. 

I agree with you about Manvel making others seem normal lol. Beating Manvel is a feather in the cap for sure. They have an impressive history considering that have only been around since 2008. 139-31 overall and a 34-11 playoff record is nice! 

On 7/18/2021 at 12:40 AM, raideroldtimer said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Lumberotn hangs with East Chambers. They are a very good team and maybe we can see how well our new coach is going to handle the competition around here.

I’m gonna pray for the best, but I’m not holding my breath. 

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

If they do score 50+, how close would BU be? I do not see this a blowout by any means. BU is not that bad. 

You're joking right? I give BU a chance versus Png on the road since they'll be breaking in new offensive personnel and no one knows exactly what that "experienced" D will look like, but them other 2 non-district games I have a very hard time thinking they'll be close. Their secondary more than likely will get a long workout versus Montgomery. 

On 7/20/2021 at 7:16 PM, Separation Scientist said:

Montgomery will be solid but definitely not spectacular. I don’t see BU getting blown out. 

Montgomery got 52 on us and I don't think it was all because our defense had kinks to work out. Defense played well enough in the opener against George Ranch to win the game and outside of Manvel really only got scorched by Montgomery and Aledo.

I think it could be as much as a 20 point gap between Montgomery and BU because of the styles of play, not necessarily the strength of the teams. BU tries to grind you down with superior athleticism and is not really what I would call explosive on offense. Montgomery is the exact opposite of that on offense and probably has a better defense than BU. They already knocked off A&M Con. last year to finish as district runner-up, I wouldn't be surprised to see them get Huntsville this year and win it. 

On 7/18/2021 at 9:05 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I thought y'all had two transfer in...... I have a pretty good idea who most folks around there want at QB1 but I'll keep that underwraps. 

On the smoaky forum you said "I will be shocked if they stay within 20pts with Carthage to start the season". Avatar bet, I'll take Crosby +20.5?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 12:40 AM, raideroldtimer said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Lumberotn hangs with East Chambers. They are a very good team and maybe we can see how well our new coach is going to handle the competition around here.

Had some good memories back when Lumberton and EC were in the same district.  I think it will be a great game.

Sept.3 Friendswood vs Clear Brook.A great test for the Mustang secondary because Colby McCalister can really fling it.After a 3-0 start last year, two season ending injuries ,the Wolverines struggled the rest of last year. Both kids are back this year so it should make things interesting.A little neighborhood rivalry involved.