Put Up A "No Trespassing Sign" And Demand Prosecution Of Any Solicitor Who Rings Your Door Bell Or Knocks On The Door!

Reagan

• Reagan changed the title to Put Up A "No Trespassing Sign" And Demand Prosecution Of Any Solicitor Who Rings Your Door Bell Or Knocks On The Door!
1 hour ago, Ty Cobb said:

Wouldn’t you hate to be these community organizers that have to knock on someone’s door and try to convince them that they must have/need this vaccine. What a crappy job. Does this job come with good insurance and hazard pay?

Do they have to wear a Dunce Hat?   😂😂😂

8 hours ago, Reagan said:

I kind of like the way he thinks but some of his statements are absolutely incorrect in Texas.

There is no mandatory arrest in Texas for trespassing and most other crimes and you cannot demand that charges be filed. I mean you can say the words I demand it but there’s no obligation for an officer to do it.

He says to get a pitbull attorney and file a lawsuit however that lawsuit has already been settled by the US Supreme Court. Unless there’s a specific state law requiring officers to act, they are under no statutory or constitutional  obligation to do so. (See Castle Rock v  Gonzalez) 

I do agree that if you demand someone leave your property and if they do not, you can ask to file charges and they “may” be arrested at the scene which means that it is at the discretion of the officer. I do not agree that you can demand the charges be filed and sue the police if they refuse to make an arrest. There simply is no such law in Texas of a mandatory arrest except in extreme limited circumstances (violation of a protective order) and I suspect in most other states. There are only a couple of circumstances in Texas where the police are even required to make a report.

Absolutely contact an attorney if you feel that this is incorrect however I’m fairly certain of my understanding of Texas law and United States Supreme Court case law. Your mileage may vary….