2021 DCTF 12-5A-D2 predictions

Cougar14.2

11 hours ago, panamamyers said:

If someone just wandered into the forum they might think we are discussing North Shore or Aledo or Katy here. What's Crosby made it out of the second round of the playoffs three times the last decade?

I wish. We've only made it twice, won the region both times. Time before that was a TD loss to Dawson in the third round in '09. With the division split and our enrollment growth we're not lining up against squads like Ridge Point in the D2 playoffs with nearly 1,000 less kids anymore. Question I would ask is what other 5A squads from the Houston area have two regional titles in the time period?

I'll save you the leg work, it's Manvel and FB Marshall. I think Foster might but they were playing in region 4? Crosby is 10-2 the last thirteen years in bi-district play. If it's nothing just show me the other 5A squads around here matching it? 

If in 2011 after we lost in the first round to Vidor you would've told me that over the next nine years we were going 7-1 in bi-district, would get to play 22 playoff games, win two regional title and earn a state finals appearance, I would've absolutely taken it. 

10 hours ago, Justafan72 said:

That's the mailbox I was referring to.I heard a rumor on this kid.

It's hard to get too excited until we actually see him play. The biggest question for me on defense was if we could find two more d-linemen to go with Casey? Next question behind that was "who replaces Michael Ray?". I think this kid could possibly be a bigger/faster version of him? Really don't know until we see what the new defensive staff has in store though. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It is what it is. North Shore has robbed a bunch     …..getting your behind whipped with their transfers that sentiment changes real fast. 

One thing I sincerely appreciate about you is you shoot straight. You are on the level about everything. Crosby aside, it comes down how each person views it. It all reminds me of the “roid rationalization” if others are doing it, then we have to too if we want to win.  I know I am in the minority here, but I never want to gain anything as a result of bending or gaming the rules.  I don’t want to have any advantage the whole field does not have. I want to win straight up with what I have at home, nothing more. Old school mentality, I know, I know.  

2 hours ago, Justafan72 said:

If he is from Summer Creek as Cougar 14.2 says,he is not my guy and my guy is still just a RUMOR.Maybe more to come ?

Just went to go re-verify and he is from Summer Creek, will be going in to his junior year. DM me who you're talking about and I'll try to find out later today. 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Just went to go re-verify and he is from Summer Creek, will be going in to his junior year. DM me who you're talking about and I'll try to find out later today. 

Tried to send a message and it said you cannot receive Messages.Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

3 hours ago, panamamyers said:

Crosby is what I call east of the San Jacinto river good. The moment they venture west they usually get their clocks cleaned. Couple of games here and there where they didn't but they have the cleanest clock in the district for a reason.

They made a most impressive run to State ! Anyway I was Impressed !

4 hours ago, panamamyers said:

Crosby is what I call east of the San Jacinto river good. The moment they venture west they usually get their clocks cleaned. Couple of games here and there where they didn't but they have the cleanest clock in the district for a reason.

So basically you’re saying over the last decade Crosby has been blown out once each by Pearland Dawson, Elgin, Cedar Park, FB Ridge Point, FB Marshall, Manvel and Aledo? Outside of that they’ve they’ve pretty much mopped the floor with the Houston metro. 

Even though we’ve literally cleaned out all the other 5As in the Houston area outside of Manvel, FBM and Foster we “usually get our clocks cleaned” when we head west of the San Jacinto? There a WHOLE bunch of teams west of the river that would beg to differ. Doing some rough math our win percentage is about .750 against Houston area teams the last 10 years or so. 

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

How many state championships has the almighty Crosby won? I think Pt. Arthur has won at least two. I can see how Crosby would want to looks up to PA and would want to be just like them. 

Bring up your school. Port Arthur Memorial is fairly new. Leave us out of it. I know why you brought us up though. 

Crosby has and is a good team, but they will never be what their stock broker  14.2 sells them be. Crosby had a great run last year that took every ounce of heart to get there. They did not dominate , but they won. Crosby will not see a repeat of last year, but will be competitive in every game they play. We will see much excuses this year just wait😎

On 7/30/2021 at 2:02 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yall better be ready week-3 regardless of the first 2 weeks. I'll leave it at that. 

I don’t think whether they are “ready” will be an issue.  Having a new squad of kids is where I see Crosby having a problem. They don’t return a lot. And, I for one, certainly view these pre-district games as glorified scrimmages. They don’t mean anything when it comes to seeding in playoffs, etc.  I wouldn’t even have starters on the field the second half. 

4 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Crosby has and is a good team, but they will never be what their stock broker  14.2 sells them be. Crosby had a great run last year that took every ounce of heart to get there. They did not dominate , but they won. Crosby will not see a repeat of last year, but will be competitive in every game they play. We will see much excuses this year just wait😎

Yeah they pretty much dominated the district.  Other than that game where Ned came out playing above their own heads, starters were usually out by the third. Dominated 5th ranked Texas High and would've have dominated Marshall  if not for Dunn's ankle. That wasn't even the best Crosby team ever. The difference between Rio and Coach P is Prieto doesn't hoard all the talent on one side of the ball. Look forward to CHS getting better as that program grows. 

3 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Yeah they pretty much dominated the district.  Other than that game where Ned came out playing above their own heads, starters were usually out by the third. Dominated 5th ranked Texas High and would've have dominated Marshall  if not for Dunn's ankle. That wasn't even the best Crosby team ever. The difference between Rio and Coach P is Prieto doesn't hoard all the talent on one side of the ball. Look forward to CHS getting better as that program grows. 

I read what's in bold and thought about Png. 🤷🏾‍♂️

On 8/1/2021 at 7:06 PM, MrFleet23 said:

The "one side of the ball" issue always makes me think of the glory days of the fullback.  Some coaches are more scared of being wrong than the desire to be right.

There are DE's and DT's out there that could at least be a threat for a "fall forward for 4 yards". 

To Crosby: Hats off to your season last year. Any team who makes it to the SC deserves to have credit going into the next season. I see no reason to not assume you are favorites to win district. I was happy for your team and fans. After the gasme between PNG and Crosby when Roschon was QB that was a wild shootout I met a few Crosby fans in the parking lot who were awesome people. Many stopping my family and saying congrats and such. Very classy. I pulled for Crosby all the way as we are district mates and I love seeing our district being strong. It brings recruitment opportunities for all the schools Crosby plays. I believe that PNG is undervalued in the polls but I love being the underdog. I have seen the Indians practice and they have some nice pieces in place this season. QB looks awesome Line looks nice and the defense has been working on hardnosed fundamentals.

On 8/1/2021 at 2:31 PM, BHFAN said:

Way to go out a limb there. Crosby won't beat 4 top 7 teams on the way to a state title appearance? Wow what a reach and risk you're taking!