Bolivar Flesh Eating Death

Hagar

26 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Katy man got in water with a cut on his leg.  They amputated but he still died.  Scary stuff. 

I worry about that stuff.  I do a lot of fishing in the summer, and it’s hard to go on a trip and not end up cut by something, whether it be a fish fin, or a hook, or any other number of things.  I got sliced up a couple of years ago pushing a stuck boat in lighthouse cove, and I didn’t relax for about 2 days.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I worry about that stuff.  I do a lot of fishing in the summer, and it’s hard to go on a trip and not end up cut by something, whether it be a fish fin, or a hook, or any other number of things.  I got sliced up a couple of years ago pushing a stuck boat in lighthouse cove, and I didn’t relax for about 2 days.  

Yep, use to fish quite a bit in my younger days.  Always getting little nicks   & pokes.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Stuff is crazy.  I haven’t been to the beach since all those people came in contact with that bacteria.  @AggiesAreWe , you’re a beach bum. How are you faring?

Been in Florida the last couple of weeks. Have not been to Bolivar since the red signs were posted. Going down there next week though.

This happens when there is a lot of rain. Fresh water drainage coupled with the warm waters in the Gulf causes the high bacteria count. Plus, some people are just not sanitary.

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Been in Florida the last couple of weeks. Have not been to Bolivar since the red signs were posted. Going down there next week though.

This happens when there is a lot of rain. Fresh water drainage coupled with the warm waters in the Gulf causes the high bacteria count. Plus, some people are just not sanitary.

Those with certain underlying conditions are more at risk too. Bad liver, poor immune system, diabetic. If you don’t have those types of conditions and/or open sores or wounds, you’re probably ok.

I wade fish…used to do it in shorts. Now I always waders and cover up any bobos with antibiotic ointment and waterproof bandages. If I get any cuts on my hands, I usually wait for them to heal before I go again. It’s overly cautious, but I still got fish in the freezer usually. 

Had a bad scrape on my shin from a bicycle wreck when I was a kid. The wound would not heal…..loose scab with infection. Dad took the family to the beach. Played in the water for hours like kids do. Came home, and in a couple days, that shin was healing the right way. I’m sure it was the salt water that did the trick. Not sure what would happen today. Stopped wade fishing ever since something under the water bumped me. Don’t know what it was, but it wasn’t small. Also, my BIL had a shark attack his specks he had on his stringer.

On 7/14/2021 at 10:10 PM, SmashMouth said:

I can’t tell you how many times that has happened. Lol. Only once have I abandoned the stringer. Make sure it has a float, is down tide and is no less than 20-25 feet long and can be detached quickly. 

Oh, it got detached alright. I learned very quickly that there was a lot more in that shallow water than me, the bait fish, and game fish.

I’m sure there was bacteria in the water back then, maybe we just didn’t hear about it.

On 7/16/2021 at 4:22 PM, baddog said:

Oh, it got detached alright. I learned very quickly that there was a lot more in that shallow water than me, the bait fish, and game fish.

I’m sure there was bacteria in the water back then, maybe we just didn’t hear about it.

When we were young I remember everyone saying the salt water would help heal sores.  This flesh eating shat probably came from a Wuhan Lab, 😂😂😂