Who has the best chance to make it to state this year from SETX?

BADSANTA

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

3.  2014, 2018, 2019

WO-S leads the series 7-3

Looks like 8-3 now. I don't think you counted the whoopin from last season. I'd like to add that 5x out of 11 years, one of the two teams ended up playing for the championship.

2020 West Orange-Stark 70-0
2019 Newton 14-20
2018 Newton 21-7 newton state champ
2015 West Orange-Stark 6-48 wos state champ
2014 Newton 7-19 wos state finalist, newton state finalist

1999 West Orange-Stark 18-0
1998 West Orange-Stark 10-0 newton state champ
1997 West Orange-Stark 30-0
1996 West Orange-Stark 12-6
1989 West Orange-Stark 47-9
1988 West Orange-Stark 24-0 wos state finalist

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Looks like 8-3 now. I don't think you counted the whoopin from last season. I'd like to add that 5x out of 11 years, one of the two teams ended up playing for the championship.

2020 West Orange-Stark 70-0
2019 Newton 14-20
2018 Newton 21-7 newton state champ
2015 West Orange-Stark 6-48 wos state champ
2014 Newton 7-19 wos state finalist, newton state finalist

1999 West Orange-Stark 18-0
1998 West Orange-Stark 10-0 newton state champ
1997 West Orange-Stark 30-0
1996 West Orange-Stark 12-6
1989 West Orange-Stark 47-9
1988 West Orange-Stark 24-0 wos state finalist

I stand corrected. Coach Ricky Ryan would not be happy with me.  I did make one revision to your notes, though, in 2014 both WO-S and Newton were state finalists

28 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

What does that have to do with who has the best chance to win state this year. Enrollment WOS 625 newton 298 two divisions difference, not much to brag on. 

Nothing for this year. Just pointing out the significance of the rivalry. That playing a great team early can lead to success later.

This year, I think chances are about the same for both. Not likely, but could happen.

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

What does that have to do with who has the best chance to win state this year. Enrollment WOS 625 newton 298 two divisions difference, not much to brag on. 

Absolutely, nothing.  In fact, I'd rate the Eagles' chances better than WO-S.  In fact, I would probably say so even without the presence of Carthage.

And as the record, I wouldn't bristle as much as you seem to.  The Eagles gotten the Mustangs roughly 1 out of every 3 times, including 2 of the last 3.  A lot of schools bigger than Newton haven't achieved that feat.

On 7/8/2021 at 4:16 PM, purpleeagle said:

This exact sentiment is why I always say it’s a lose lose for the bigger school to play down. If you lose you lose and if you win it’s like, “well you should, you’re twice as big”. I think that will be the exact scenario with Crosby at 1,818 and Carthage at 824. 

10 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

This exact sentiment is why I always say it’s a lose lose for the bigger school to play down. If you lose you lose and if you win it’s like, “well you should, you’re twice as big”. I think that will be the exact scenario with Crosby at 1,818 and Carthage at 824. 

I don’t think Carthage will have to use that argument…

On 7/15/2021 at 3:46 PM, Gasilla said:

WOS needs a QB. They are loaded otherwise.

Not to let the cat out the bag yet.they have one.at first I thought it would be Zeigler since he is back on the team.but they working with something that will be a surprise.everyone will see come the first scrimmage in a few weeks.it will surprise some folks!!