Who has the best chance to make it to state this year from SETX?

BADSANTA

15 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I think WOS, Newton, and Jasper could make some deep runs. If Silsbee can win district, who knows how far. Region 3 D2 is deep. West Brook will have a ton of talent coming back as well. 

Jasper lost a lot. Stud RB and the 2 big monsters on the OLine are gone. I think they return 3 or 4 on each side. They’ll probably still be a good squad because they’re Jasper but I don’t think there’s much of a chance for a state appearance. 

If the 2018, 2019 or even the 2020 team had the 2007, 2008 or 2009 defense, they would have won championships. I'll even throw the 2010 defense in there as well.

Brook's problem has always been being incomplete on both sides of the ball simultaneously. If Brook has a juggernaut Offense then the Defense is shaky, if Brook has a hard hitting defense, the offense is average at best 

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Port Arthur has a good chance for a deep run. .

That's very much possible, BUT we would have to run thru the 10-5A D1 gauntlet (1st round, 3rd round and possibly 4th round) to do it. Not great odds but stranger things have happened. 

17 hours ago, wbfan said:

If the 2018, 2019 or even the 2020 team had the 2007, 2008 or 2009 defense, they would have won championships. I'll even throw the 2010 defense in there as well.

Brook's problem has always been being incomplete on both sides of the ball simultaneously. If Brook has a juggernaut Offense then the Defense is shaky, if Brook has a hard hitting defense, the offense is average at best 

Kicking game has been horrible for years as well

On 7/5/2021 at 6:01 PM, pakronos said:

stop it. being a true fan, we got to prove we can get past the first rd!!!

There's truth to that. There's also truth to you can SWOOOOOSSH your arse back over to LaMarque too. 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

If you had the chance to predict Memorial going 0-10 without looking totally stupid on this site you would. If Memorial went 16-0 and won a chip you would still complain. Is what it is. 😁