2020 Overall Record: 1-6

2020 District Record: 1-5 (5th Place)

STADIUM INFORMATION

Name: H.N. Litton Field at Larry Ward

Address: 300 Osborne Rd., Bridge City, TX

Capacity: 5,995

Turf: Natural

OVERVIEW

The first year of the Bridge City Cardinals' stay didn't quite go as planned as the Cardinals struggled to a 1-6 season mark.  As Cardinal fans hope for a change in fortunes, there will be a change in the head man on the sideline as Cody McGuire, who helped Todd Dodge lead Austin Westlake to consecutive Class 6A, Division I state titles, takes over at Bridge City.  McGuire inherits nine returning offensive starters and five starting defenders in an effort to change Cardinal fortunes.      

COACHING

Head Coach: Cody McGuire

Assistant Coaches: Kurt Zihlman (Offensive Coordinator), Klint King (Defensive Coordinator), Shea Landry (Linebackers), Paul Landry (Defensive Line), Chad Landry (Cornerbacks), Jimmy Hallman (Offensive Line), Chris Lee (Offensive Line), Andy Brown (Running Backs), Jimmy Converse (Tight Ends), Hunter Uzzle (Wide Receivers) 

OFFENSE

Nine starters return to the Bridge City offense in 2021 with will run out of the spread set.  Senior Ethan Oceguera (2nd team all-district) returns to quarterback the Cardinal attack.  Junior running back JimSharon Beardon (2nd team all-district) will head the Cardinal rushing attack with senior back Dorian Pruitt also seeing time in the backfield.  Senior wide receiver J.T. Fielder (1st team all-district) returns to lead the receiver group that will also include senior wide outs Joseph Murty, Gavin Garrett and Deegan King, as well as junior wide receivers Kyler Garlaska, Cale Breaux and Matt Livingston.  Senior linemen Hunter Bellanger, Isoi Cantu and Ethan Ply will anchor the Cardinal offensive line which will also include junior Aydin Fukuda.  

DEFENSE

Five starters will return to the Bridge City defense in 2021.  Senior inside linebacker Harrison Gauthier (2nd team all-district) will lead the front seven along with Bearden, sophomore John Van Huis, senior linebacker Trey Hebert  and junior inside linebacker Noah Broussard.  Garrett and King will patrol the Cardinal secondary. 

SPECIAL TEAMS

The place kicking and kick return duties will be decided during summer practice while Oceguera will do the punting.

SCHEDULE

Aug. 27 - at Buna, 7:30 pm 

Sept. 3 - Tarkington, 7:30 pm

Sept. 10 - Huffman Hargrave, 7:00 pm

Sept. 17 - at Anahuac, 7:30 pm 

Sept. 24 - OPEN 

Oct. 1 - at Hamshire-Fannett, 7:30 pm* 

Oct. 8 - Hardin-Jefferson, 7:30 pm* 

Oct. 15 - at Silsbee, 7:30 pm* 

Oct. 22 - Orangefield, 7:30 pm* 

Oct. 29 - at Liberty, 7:30 pm*

Nov. 5 - West Orange-Stark, 7:30 pm*